Ferrari The Race Experience

• Thread starter TomBrady
  • 21 comments
United States
Mass UTC-5
HugoStiglitz_420 and GTP_HugoStiglitz
Does anybody play this? I have both FC and F tre but I prefer TRE, more cars and tracks. But nobody's ever online. Same with V8 superstars Racing. I think they're both good games, much better than average. It's kind of sad nobody plays them and yet the servers are still operational, unlike some other higher profile games like Grid. I don't think any developers should take down servers unless the console is obsolete, but if anybody had an excuse these 2 games do

If anybody wants to race a little bit, message my PSN: HugoStiglitz_420

I have Ferrari TRE. I haven't really played it because, like you said, nobody is ever on. I need to spend some time with it, but I wouldn't mind some racing sometime. I'll send you a message.

I have Ferrari TRE. I haven't really played it because, like you said, nobody is ever on. I need to spend some time with it, but I wouldn't mind some racing sometime. I'll send you a message.

Cool cool. I'm interested in racing some of the easier cars to drive. I'm not a veteran with it either. Was thinking the ferrari california, and the 512 M race car. The 512 is superfast but it's also easy to handle, it just sticks to the road. Well for me at least, I know it could be easy for me because I use a wheel but I'll race any car. Message me anytime, hopefully I see the message quickly

I have FRE too, but it's not fully compatible with my G27, so i ca use only automatic gears and no manual 👎 :grumpy: That was quite of a shocker :scared: for me since Ferrari Challenge was compatible with G25 I've automatically assumed that FRE will be fully compatible with newest wheel from logitech. And now I've left with finished game that I'm now playing anymore :indiff:

I have this and like it a lot, it tided me over for the first month or two I had my PS3 til GT5 came out, but I'll go back to it at some point. Takes a while to get the feel of it, it's a little odd in chase cam that the cam doesn't follow the tail of the car, but I guess I should use cockpit instead, which looks very nice. The game has a good range of cars though (many conspicuous by their absence in GT5) and IMO Monza looks as good as, if not better than it does in GT5.

What I don't really understand however is how there now seem to be 3 games in this series, yet they are effectively the same game? The first was Ferrari Trofeo Pirelli, I believe Ferrari TRE then expanded on this and tidied it up somewhat, but TP was still available on PSN.

But now, whilst TP has gone, there is also "Ferrari Challenge Deluxe" on PSN, which appears to be the same game as TRE, but is a little cheaper, and cheaper still for Playstation Plus members who can also pay to download more cars and tracks from PSN which were already in TRE. How many times do System 3 want to keep dressing up the same game as new product? Add to that Supercar Challenge, which is also an OK game but uses the same engine plus several of the same Ferraris, and something starts to stink.

A great shame really, as Ferrari TRE as the most complete and polished of the games, is really not bad at all.

This game was basically a carbon copy of Supercar Challenge, but a bit better.

1. Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli was first (I've played and it was fun)

2. Supercar Challenge was second (I've played and it was great fun too)

3. Ferrari Challenge Deluxe i didn't played it at all, and i had no idea what changes it has

4. Ferrari The Race Experience (I've played and it wasn't so much fun as 1. Trofeo Pirelli cause lack of G27 support. I is advertised as successor to 1. Trofeo Pirelli but i did played both those games and i can say that only update do 1. Trofeo Pirelli is one car: Ferrari Italia. Except that i did not find ant other differences or extra content. Trophies are exactly the same). Maybe i didn't played long enough to spot something new.

5. Absolute Supercars is Supercar Challenge for North America and except updated graphic engine i had no idea when i would be released on psn and if any other updates, or tracks or cars will be added.

I have FRE too, but it's not fully compatible with my G27, so i ca use only automatic gears and no manual 👎 :grumpy: That was quite of a shocker :scared: for me since Ferrari Challenge was compatible with G25 I've automatically assumed that FRE will be fully compatible with newest wheel from logitech. And now I've left with finished game that I'm now playing anymore :indiff:

Yup, same with the DFGT. It's pretty annoying actually, BUT at least TRE doesn't have that issue with the XMB. For some reason in FC, if I pressed the PS button, every button I pressed would still effect FC, that was pretty annoying. Superstars V8 has the same problem but TRE doesnt.

I actually have been able to do a few races online. I just opened a room, and waited for people to join. Had a couple 1 v1 races with different people for about an hour. There are people who play it, you just gotta open a room to increase your chances. But like I said, if anyone wants to race me, my PSN is HugoStiglitz_420. Just message me bcuz I don't go on GTP too often

3. Ferrari Challenge Deluxe i didn't played it at all, and i had no idea what changes it has

4. Ferrari The Race Experience (I've played and it wasn't so much fun as 1. Trofeo Pirelli cause lack of G27 support. I is advertised as successor to 1. Trofeo Pirelli but i did played both those games and i can say that only update do 1. Trofeo Pirelli is one car: Ferrari Italia. Except that i did not find ant other differences or extra content. Trophies are exactly the same). Maybe i didn't played long enough to spot something new.

5. Absolute Supercars is Supercar Challenge for North America and except updated graphic engine i had no idea when i would be released on psn and if any other updates, or tracks or cars will be added.

That's correct. I will be buying absolute supercars if it ever comes out. I haven't played supercar challenge yet. From what I could tell, absolute seems better than the ferrari games. It has vehicle tuning, more layouts of the tracks including ovals and obviously more cars. Plus, the few cars it does have are some of my favorites. I don't expect it to replace GT5, iracing, rfactor, or netkar but it'll be a fun game for $15 probably

PS, I love your signature. AYRTON SENNA IS THE BEST EVER

Can you please provide a link to confirm your statement? I have been asking for a while and I would really apreciate it... I keep reading about an improoved game engine ( but graphic engine was the first I ever read about it) but no one seems to be able to provide a link to a reliable source. there is nothing on Eutechnyx forums or site that confirms that...

And I have Ferrari Challenge, Supercars Challenge and Ferrari race experience... and the last one is basicly Ferrari Challenge with all the DLCs even the Misano track is the reverse layout (wich is wrong and was corrected for Supercar Challenge)

IMO the physics in Supercar Challenge are a big improovement over the other two Ferrari games (as are the graphics) though the AI seems to be a bit worst than the two other games.

I also had the steering wheel problem on FRE after the patch (couldnt shift manually) so I erased the game downloaded it again installed and changed the setting to reverse manual shifting (normal shifting didnt work) and it worked and I can shift and its not reverse shifting (go figure) but I have been playing Supercar Challenge lately... it just seems to be a better game all around (except for the AI - but still much better now than when the game was originaly released) and the tracks are all licensed (not like FRE with fake names)

What Supercar Challenge does better than FRE and FCTP

-Wheel support works as it should
-Physics
-FFB
-Tracks - more layouts - more licensed tracks - tracks with correct layout as oposed to the other two
-Livery editor and options (much, much better) and the option to share the liveries with other players
-More cars (same cars as the other games with the exception of the Ferrari 458 italia (FRE)
plus around 10 other cars) my favorite two cars the DBR9 and the C6-R are amongst those.
-Replays actually work as they should
-the sound is great around all tracks and all cars, unlike in the other two games where there are some engine sounds drop off on some cars in some parts of the tracks
-More tutorials (one for each track)
-Graphics - mainly colors and FPS (no strange yellow filter of FCTP)

What FRE and FCTP do better than Supercar Challenge

-The AI seems to be a bit more consistent (not much TBH)
-The career mode is more to my liking (Championships for all cars)
-thats it

Last edited:
Thanks Tribolik, some interesting points there. I understood that Ferrari TRE improved the game engine from Trofeo Pirelli, also I think it was released *after* Supercar Challenge, so am a little surprised the graphics and physics are better in SC, I will have to check that out later. Also I thought SC had a few less Ferraris rather than just missing one (458).

I'm still a little confused about Ferrari Challenge Deluxe, which has appeared at the Playstation Store only recently. It appears to be TRE but with some of the cars and tracks missing, and for some reason these can then only be downloaded by PS+ members. It's also always a bad sign when in "preview" the exact same screenshots are used. I was a big fan of System 3 back in the days of 8 bit systems, International Karate and The Last Ninja series were awesome games, but they really seem to be scraping the barrel nowadays =(

Thanks Tribolik, some interesting points there. I understood that Ferrari TRE improved the game engine from Trofeo Pirelli, also I think it was released *after* Supercar Challenge, so am a little surprised the graphics and physics are better in SC, I will have to check that out later. Also I thought SC had a few less Ferraris rather than just missing one (458).

I'm still a little confused about Ferrari Challenge Deluxe, which has appeared at the Playstation Store only recently. It appears to be TRE but with some of the cars and tracks missing, and for some reason these can then only be downloaded by PS+ members. It's also always a bad sign when in "preview" the exact same screenshots are used. I was a big fan of System 3 back in the days of 8 bit systems, International Karate and The Last Ninja series were awesome games, but they really seem to be scraping the barrel nowadays =(

TRE has probaly better loading times and a few tweeks but in generaly is nothing more than a FCTP with all the DLCs rebaged... I think they are just trying to milk the Ferrari license cow they had and when you go to Euthecnix forums and ask for game support on this title they claim they dont have anything to do with this release and do not provide support for it wich can explain the wheel support issues.

What Im interested in knowing if Absolute Supercars is infact an upgraded Supercar Challenge (my favorite in the series) but I really doubt that because I just took pictures of a livery I did to share here (and if anyone likes it to share it ingame) and the name of the folder on the XMB was Absolute Supercars :dunce:

Nice thread folks, and I'm interested in raising a question about this game and how it compares to FC and SCC, that is in relation to the Career Mode.

SCC was a cracking game, but the career mode wasn't up to much - a series of unconnected races, with no GP type contest.

FCC was much better in that regard, with three GP style contests, each with qualifying and a points system over a series of 14 races on 7 tracks. The only real downside was that the mode was only open to one type of car (albeit the rather lovely 430)

What I've seen of TRE suggests that it has a better mode. I've seen mention of three clasess of race being available. What I was wondering is, whether or not there is a GP type seaoson mode available (as per FC), and is it availbale for all cars?

My second question is can you have more than one model of car in a single race (e.g. Enzos vs 458s, or what have you)?

I'd be much obliged for any feedback from the informed types here at GTP! Thanks folks.

Ferrari The Race Experience is the same game as Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli. So you have the same Career mode. Same thing in single race and in Arcade.

Thanks for the reply ussr. Just to expand on this slightly, can I ask the following about the Championship Mode:

1. In FC the only car available to you in the Championship mode is the 430. Is this the same in TRE, or can you do championships in other cars as well?

2. In FC, all races are for a single car type, so if I have a 430 then so do all the opposition. Is there the option to have races between diiffernt classes of cars? And can you have different classess of cars racing each other within a single championship?

Any feedback greatfully received.

Does anybody play this? I have both FC and F tre but I prefer TRE, more cars and tracks. But nobody's ever online. Same with V8 superstars Racing. I think they're both good games, much better than average. It's kind of sad nobody plays them and yet the servers are still operational, unlike some other higher profile games like Grid. I don't think any developers should take down servers unless the console is obsolete, but if anybody had an excuse these 2 games do

If anybody wants to race a little bit, message my PSN: HugoStiglitz_420

Purchased Ferrari Challenge yesterday, will be happy to race online if any one interested. PSN under my avatar for FR,

Played the game yesterday, not sure I like it, the feeling with my wheel is not good, the graphics are not very good. Some track are very interesting but they are locked and I am not certain I am going to spend time to unlock them at this time. I was expecting more from the review I had read.

Edit: I have unlock the tracks I wanted to try, but I still do not like that game.

Last edited:
Just purchased TRE from PS3 store to kill some credits I had... Not sure How I like it so far, gonna take time to get use to since I'm use to the physics of GT5, I don't have a wheel because I just play as a hobby, but would like to play with some of you guys. I've sent some friend request if anyone wants to get together on TRE for some races... I'll be the guy in last place... LOL!

I don't get why supercar challenge doesn't let you configure the button layout or at least have the same layout as FC, I use L2 and R2 to accelerate and brake and I'm forced to shift with the right analog which unfortunately is not as good as new and will move on its own a little, enough to mess with the shifting.. deadzone options would remedy this right away or a button layout config.
System 3 basically repackaged the same game 3 or 4 times and didn't even bother to add such options.:grumpy:

Sorry for insane bump but does someone know how to change view when using DFGT on FTRE? I know it's stupid but I'm stuck on chase cam.. On controller it works normally pressing select 🤬

That's disgusting. I should took that note before buying the game, but now I have the game so I have to use my GIMX adaptador to use the wheel in legacy mode.😡

Last edited:
Back