Ferrari vs Porsche, le duel

• Thread starter fafat
  • 17 comments
France
France - Le Mans
fafat
Watch this 20 minutes video of pure awesomeness.
It's call Ferrari vs Porsche le duel, and it was offer with the august issue of the French Magazine Sport Auto. I had to share it with you. No talking, no stupid music, just a great audio and video montage. Enjoy the sounds and the beauty of both cars and french roads !

F458 Italia vs 911 GT3 RS
F599 GTO vs 911 GT2 RS
California vs 911 Turbo Cab.

That's a curious twist of the phrase so often atributed to good old Enzo ...

"Others race to sell cars. We sell cars to race"

:D

Ferrari built street cars to fund his race cars.
Porsche built street cars to race.

/thread

That's a curious twist of the phrase so often atributed to good old Enzo ...

"Others race to sell cars. We sell cars to race"

Although of course now Ferrari open theme parks, sell team caps and flog other trinket-tat to race.

But you can't knock porsche for providing basically off the shelf racing platforms for a lot of the racing teams, it enabled so many people who can't afford a bespoke built to go into racing. You can have a porsche GT race car a decade old and still semi competitive with excellent data and reliability.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the GT3 Porsches, my personal favorites are the Turbo S. In my opinion, the ultimate car, super car performance, relatively practical, and fairly affordable compared to say the Ferrari FF.

JJ72
But you can't knock porsche for providing basically off the shelf racing platforms for a lot of the racing teams, it enabled so many people who can't afford a bespoke built to go into racing. You can have a porsche GT race car a decade old and still semi competitive with excellent data and reliability.

In the hands of the right driver, a Porsche 914 could quite easily take on modern day Ferrari's depending on the course.
The ultimate autocross car.

In the hands of the right driver, a Porsche 914 could quite easily take on modern day Ferrari's depending on the course.
The ultimate autocross car.

As said before, unless it's a go kart track, not a chance.

When I was a kid I was obsessed with Porsche, but as I've grown older I have grown to love Ferrari, yet as a Formula 1 fan I still side with Mclaren.

They are all beautiful cars, but Ferrari has the more prestige. When I see a Porsche in person it isn't a rare occasion, where ass seeing a Ferrari is.

Back