Few noob questions re: car upgrades and tyres

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 11 comments
Germany
Germany
1. Upgrading cars. Most of the time they make sense. For the Power Upgrade, the next level modified range enables higher power. Then with the weight upgrade, the next level modified range enables lower weight. Sometimes its not like that though. For example the Lewis Hamilton F1 car. W08 or whatever its called. It seems to me that there's no point in spending milage on the weight upgrade as it doesn't lower the weight at all - it only allows me to further increase the weight. Why would I want to do that? I basically always wanto highest power and lowest weight. Isn't that usually the aim?

2. The GT League > Circuit Experience challenges. Often the cars have hard tyres as standard. I pretty much alway change them to the softest ones available. Is this the best strategy. Often this is "intermediate". So I guess the only time I'd put hard on the front and intermediate on the back is if I want to reduce oversteer. Right? Otherwise, just use softest available on all 4. Right?

3. Again on tyres. Sometimes there's a "racing wet" option. Whats this for? I've never seen rain in the game......

4. Tuning guides - are there any good sites that go through the basics in a bit more detail than shown on screen? For most cars, I lower front and back height to minimum, and put power to highest and weight to lowest. I'm sure I'm missing out by not knowing a bit more. Any links much appreciated!

Last edited:
1. Balance of Perfomance (BoP). Search for it.

2. Pretty sure you can't change tire compound on Circuit Experience challenges.

3. "Later in the future update".

Re: 1, I do know kinda what BOP is, but can you give an example of a situation where you'd want to pay to upgrade your car to be heavier than it currently is?

If you want to make it slower.
Sounds funny but some want to increase weight, decrease HP, and use harder tires; for the challenge.

Re: 1, I do know kinda what BOP is, but can you give an example of a situation where you'd want to pay to upgrade your car to be heavier than it currently is?

It's for situations where say you'd really like to keep using your N700 Lamborghini Aventador, but you're in an N500 lobby. You can't adjust power enough without buying extra levels of range (in this case for reduction). For whatever reason weight doesn't play any role in the class categorization so the answer to your question is a mystery to us all. I once used an F150 Raptor that I hadn't purchased any upgrades for in a Sport race, and it automatically applied BoP beyond it's stock % range, so it is a legit question as to why it's an option.

LMAOoooo this dude is doing Circuit Experience with rain tires

haha, thanks for pointing it out! Still, I've managed to all gold close to 75% of the tracks, so hopefully I'll knock the others over more easily with the correct choice!!

Can anyone recommmend a good Gt Sport tuning guide site to help me understand more about what each of the options do and how each one can be used to correct certain car behaviours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding weight can help more powerful cars gain traction at slower speeds. The more weight a car has the more the tyres are being forced onto the track. Detrimental to cornering yes, but if you don't have to wait as long to get back on the gas after, you could make up more time than you lose. As with everything else it all about balancing the pros and cons.

:cheers:

1. Upgrading cars. Most of the time they make sense. For the Power Upgrade, the next level modified range enables higher power. Then with the weight upgrade, the next level modified range enables lower weight. Sometimes its not like that though. For example the Lewis Hamilton F1 car. W08 or whatever its called. It seems to me that there's no point in spending milage on the weight upgrade as it doesn't lower the weight at all - it only allows me to further increase the weight. Why would I want to do that? I basically always wanto highest power and lowest weight. Isn't that usually the aim?

I am totally agree that upgrading cars does not make a lot of sense except for spending your Mileage points. I would appreciate very much if that upgrade is somehow reflected in the game (daily races) and has impact on the cars. So, if that is improved in a future update will be great.

I guess you may not be running DRIFT,
Adding weight makes sense for drifting,
Some vehicles have good grip, which causes the inertia of drift to be insufficient.
Increasing the weight can effectively extend the coasting distance of the inertial offset.
For example: X2014 Junior, Honda Project 2&4

The rain tires of GT SPORT should have the same effect.
But I haven't tried using the rain tires in GT SPORT yet.
However, GT5 I did use the rain tires to drift Formula Gran Turismo

Latest Posts

Back