FF cars - can't get them to oversteer

• Thread starter GTprophet
  • 6 comments
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Is there something wrong with FF physics? I spent literally hours trying to get Golf GTI lose it's tail but it seems impossible.

Whichever settings I try, it just keeps doing big circles.

I went into Live for speed later, messed with same settings and made that FF GTI car lose it's tail in about 5 minutes.

HELP!

Did you make sure driving assists are disabled? FYI, the "Recommended" setting applies TCS and stability control to whichever cars had that equipment in real life (and only those cars). Rather than "recommending" assists for hard-to-drive cars, it ends up applying assists on new cars, while leaving older cars raw and demanding.

Did you make sure driving assists are disabled? FYI, the "Recommended" setting applies TCS and stability control to whichever cars had that equipment in real life (and only those cars). Rather than "recommending" assists for hard-to-drive cars, it ends up applying assists on new cars, while leaving older cars raw and demanding.

I am always playing with "OFF"

Well, I am just trying to make tail lose grip while cornering, but when I keep throttle to max, all my car does is understeer.

E-brake. Lots of E-brake. You could also give the old Scandinavian flick or clutch kick a go.

Well, I am just trying to make tail lose grip while cornering, but when I keep throttle to max, all my car does is understeer.
If you're spinning the front wheels, the car will always slide nose-first. With some weight transfer or a flick like GTMail said, you can pitch the car sideways and then try giving the throttle a go. However, I would only use a bit of it to help "tug" the nose into the corner, because if you keep on the power you're just going to return to understeer.

You said you played with the settings, but I would make sure you've got the limited-slip differential set to "locked." For the approach you've described, that LSD setting should provide the best results. 👍

Back