FF vs. FR vs. MR vs. 4wd vs. RR

• Thread starter vette_7t9
  • 27 comments
What drivetrain do u like best?

Me, I like the MR because it gives the car more speed, and with the right handling(such as GT40:D ) the car can have superior performance. The MR has an advantage over the FR. FF is a waste of time, unless you want to just relax and have fun. 4wd is for inexperienced drivers, who need a kind of handicap. RR in gt2 doesnt have many good cars. MR all the way!

Originally posted by vette_7t9
What drivetrain do u like best?

Me, I like the MR because it gives the car more speed, and with the right handling(such as GT40:D ) the car can have superior performance. The MR has an advantage over the FR. FF is a waste of time, unless you want to just relax and have fun. 4wd is for inexperienced drivers, who need a kind of handicap. RR in gt2 doesnt have many good cars. MR all the way!

So True!!! :cool:

Especially The GT40 Race Car!!

Lately, I only use 4wd with under-powered or machinery. Even then, I split the LSD setrtings so that it handles more like an FR car; this decreases 4WD's penchant for understeer in many cases.

MR or FR on the throttle, can't beat that.

RR gets driven by the seat opf your pants. It's not easy navigating the Yellow Bird to victory, and I've been playing for almost 3 years now.

FF is great when you have a completely stock car. Otherwise there aren't many FF cars that have me returning time and time again.

4WD is good for overpowered cars that would have horribly unstable handling without. Just try the fully tuned RX-7 GT-C and you'll see what I mean.

so far..4wd (my fav car is 4wd so i've gotten lots of practice :lol: )

i'm curious about the facination of MR's, i'll have to look into it :)

Originally posted by LoneWolfe
so far..4wd (my fav car is 4wd so i've gotten lots of practice :lol: )

i'm curious about the facination of MR's, i'll have to look into it :)

4WD SUCKS :P j/k Only good for overpowered cars like 240Z Freak said! :)

every car has advantages and disadvantages, to say one type totallt defeats another or one is just the worst isnt really true, different cars support different advantages.

Originally posted by LoneWolfe
every car has advantages and disadvantages, to say one type totallt defeats another or one is just the worst isnt really true, different cars support different advantages.

I agree, well said...
I've found that my Civic Type R with just slicks in suspension mods can take pretty much any of my fully tricked FR and MR cars. And a lightened 93 Si with full suspension mods... there's no comparison. Set it up right and hold on to your butt :D

-Ben

Originally posted by MrPeabody
I agree, well said...
I've found that my Civic Type R with just slicks in suspension mods can take pretty much any of my fully tricked FR and MR cars. And a lightened 93 Si with full suspension mods... there's no comparison. Set it up right and hold on to your butt :D

-Ben

What FR and MR cars do you have? Not to put the Civic down, but, your Civic has what, a little over 300 hp? How does that compare to a fully tricked out Supra or a RUF CTR Yellow Bird?

As for the Si, I think you are taking your love for the Civic a little too far. With no mods but a suspension and lightening, it still couldnt compare to a stock Galant VR-4 or even a 3000GT SL.

Love your fav car, but, be willing to prove your claims. :P

I think people give the Civic a little too much credit. When you fully mod a Civic Si/Type-R, you can embarrass the best GT cars in the game, but you get dusted in a straight line if it's stock.

And the Civic just isn't exciting to drive.

YA go RR, I can win anything with my Fiat 500r with 2 cylinders and 22 HP. just kidding I hate rr, I like 4wd the best, becuz you can drift all over the place.

MR is great
FR is equally great
4WD is greater
FF is simple

GT40 has ass-kickin handling
Most FRs is fun to drive except the speed 12 which is like a super spin machine. Mine even spun in 3rd gear
4WD offer stability which is very important
FF is only for low powered cars. But the Type-Rs really kick-ass.

I always thought MR's had bigger asses which I didn't like. Now that I think of it, I have next to no experiance with MR, hmm. I prefer FR because I don't know, I like how the cars drive.

Main problem I have with FR's(Vettes, Vipers and Stangs) is either they understeer like mad(GT350, '82 Corvette) or they spin out like mad(Speed 12, Cobra). Theres no in between handling, i tried to make the cars handle and powerslide like in GT1, but the best I can get to is braking before cornering, and accel. or just coasting out of the corner.

its all up to your driving style. when i feel mean and aggressive ill use a 4wd. it gives me slack so i can drive hard and brake hard. if i feel light and nice ill use a good mr or fr. ill cost more and im not so hard on the throtle or brake. ill use a ff car if im ok with driving hard on the gas and light on the brakes. you might say 4wd is for beginers but you can still be an expert on a 4wd. its up to the driver. its his choice. also dont drive the speed 12 when your angry. you have to be easy on the car. just coast threw most turns. it has enough speed to win so dont be aggressive.

Well...You dont call an R34 Skyline GTR an FR even though it has like a 5:95 ratio front:back, or an EVO VII an FF for haveing a 60:40 front:back ratio....

That is when it has enough traction....

I prefer an FR car like the Cerbera. I can rip lap times that rivial the Toyota GT1 Races and better than it on quite a few tracks.

RR.
not really quite because of the drivetrain itself, but that the kind of cars that are built that way just happen to be cool. it's not a bad system, either; really fun to chuck around.

Back