FFB Clipping

• Thread starter JBF77
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
London
Any info you guys could give regarding FFB clipping? What should the graph in the telemetry look like?

I did some cruising to check out the graph in the telemetry HUD, and the line seemed a bit flat with only mild fluctuations. I'm wondering if I might be clipping - I don't really feel much whilst in the corners.

Any advice/info would be appreciated! :lol:
Thanks!

It's clipping when the line goes right to the top of the graph and stays there.
If there are minor movements, does that still count as clipping? It's not a complete flat line, but it's not really changing a lot. Is it meant to move drastically and frequently?

The line should be moving up down in the graph quite a bit, unless you're on a flat straight.

Comments are for PS4 and T300 wheel.

In the HUD telemetry on the LHS of the screen is a box with a yellow line that moves up and down with wheel input.

If the wheel is clipping another white line will appear below this and look more like a sine wave. The more it clips the larger the magnitude of this line. I also experience a high pitched vibration through the wheel at the same time.

Comments are for PS4 and T300 wheel.

In the HUD telemetry on the LHS of the screen is a box with a yellow line that moves up and down with wheel input.

If the wheel is clipping another white line will appear below this and look more like a sine wave. The more it clips the larger the magnitude of this line. I also experience a high pitched vibration through the wheel at the same time.
I have never seen a second line before - is this a good thing?!

I also use the T300 on PS4. :lol:

I think I'll spend a fair bit of time getting the settings right, so that the graph jumps quite a bit through bumps and corners.

Funnily enough I hadn't had the dreaded white line since patch 2.0 but it came back today. Had a few races with no FFB then suddenly the white line appeared.

Back