FFB post-1.39: Any Fanatec setup tweaks?

Germany
Bonn
A question more to the alien side of the house: Since the FFB has become somewhat shallow with the new update, have you tried ways to get better feedback by changing the Fanatec wheels‘ setup possibilities?

I‘d be especially interested in Podium Wheel tweaks as there are additional values to be played with.

Found this on the Fanatec website (recommended by Fanatec, please check the link below the text):

Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 40
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
NDP 25
NFR 5
BRF User Preference
FEI 70

In-Game Settings:
Force Feedback Max Torque: 5
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

I know these recommendations, and on the CSL Elite I don’t even have what they recommend, as it‘s very much up to driving style etc.

My interest is more towards „I increased x and was able to get better feedback when the fronts started to go...“ or the like.

Alright then, I see what you mean. I also have the CSL Elite and settled on the recommended settings. But I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on the matter.

May I ask what settings you personally use with the CSL Elite?

Alright then, I see what you mean. I also have the CSL Elite and settled on the recommended settings. But I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on the matter.

May I ask what settings you personally use with the CSL Elite?

SEN 540 (as a standard for Gr.3, but I used 480 at FIA recently, as it gave me better control, or 630 for Gr.2...)
FFB 85
SHO 90
ABS off
DRI off
FOR 80
SPR 90
DPR 80
BRF 20
FEI 30
MPS Auto

Ingame: 7/10

Last edited:
Can you explain what you mean by "shallow"?

For example, when I turn the wheel too far and the game wants to tell me that, I feel an extremely violent jolt through the wheel. Do you get that same jolt, or when you say "better feedback when the fronts started to go", do you mean you want to feel something that lets you know you're close to that jolt, so you know you're close to the limit and never actually feel the jolt?

Can you explain what you mean by "shallow"?

For example, when I turn the wheel too far and the game wants to tell me that, I feel an extremely violent jolt through the wheel. Do you get that same jolt, or when you say "better feedback when the fronts started to go", do you mean you want to feel something that lets you know you're close to that jolt, so you know you're close to the limit and never actually feel the jolt?
Nah, that’s the violent stuff you turn of by lowering FEI. No, I mean the detail. Before 1.39 I could feel the different surfaces on Nürburgring as if in a real car (live 30 minutes from the Ring, so I know the track IRL with a 911 GT3 RS). Now that level of detail in the FFB is all but gone. Same for the tires at threshold.

In general, you get more of what people seem to call "detail" if you have the in-game setting low, and the wheel setting high. So with my CSW 2.5, 1 in-game, 100 FFB and a higher FOR value gives a lot of "detail" (it was a Z28 video that caused me to try these settings, and he described it as more detailed), which just feels to me like it's going to break the wheel from all the jolts. I don't like such severe jolts, so I have it at 2 in-game, and FOR a bit lower. So you could change FFB and FOR to 100, then take the in-game setting down and see if you prefer it.

DRI off feels weird in the centre to me, I need it at -02 to make the centre feel reasonable, but YMMV with the CSL Elite.

Do the SPR and DPR settings actually do anything? I have those off, but I'd have thought that if they did do something, high values would tend to "drown out" the force feedback generated by the game, as they'd be providing spring and damper effects whereas you want to be feeling things like aligning torque.

In general, you get more of what people seem to call "detail" if you have the in-game setting low, and the wheel setting high. So with my CSW 2.5, 1 in-game, 100 FFB and a higher FOR value gives a lot of "detail" (it was a Z28 video that caused me to try these settings, and he described it as more detailed), which just feels to me like it's going to break the wheel from all the jolts. I don't like such severe jolts, so I have it at 2 in-game, and FOR a bit lower. So you could change FFB and FOR to 100, then take the in-game setting down and see if you prefer it.

DRI off feels weird in the centre to me, I need it at -02 to make the centre feel reasonable, but YMMV with the CSL Elite.

Do the SPR and DPR settings actually do anything? I have those off, but I'd have thought that if they did do something, high values would tend to "drown out" the force feedback generated by the game, as they'd be providing spring and damper effects whereas you want to be feeling things like aligning torque.

I‘ll try that, interesting!

Back