FFB updates question

  • Thread starter Thread starter mattikake
  • 8 comments
  • 860 views
Messages
863
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I heard <somewhere> that PD had made improvements to the FFB in GTS. Is this true?

I tried the demo but decided not to buy when I tried the SLS GT3 car. The FFB was virtually non-existent for rear tyre slip. Is this now much better in the full game? (G29 user.)
 
I know you play PC2 @mattikake and while I don't have that game I can be fairly certain in saying that GTS ffb is noticeably inferior to that. I believe it has been tweaked once or twice but is still not terribly informative particularly on the RSS tyres that most public lobbies seem to default too. More fun and a better sense of realism can be had with "lesser" tyres and also with cars that suffer less from the inexplicable use of a ubiquitous exponential throttle mapping system in this game.
 
FFB on the G29 is wretched. I've been up and down the settings, including the "sensitivity". First clue that you're nearing the limit is when the car departs completely...
 
Considering how you are on the PCARS2 forum I'd suggest you don't even bother with GTS. You're gonna be disappointed.
 
Fair enough. Thanks guys. Not sure where I heard that rumour then. Pity. Loads of people I race with on pc2 also play GTS. Not sure how they can live without decent ffb.
 
Because it looks pretty. That's about all it has going for it as far as I'm concerned.
 
The FFB has improved some. But its FFB is quite different to PC2; GTS goes for a nicer feel where you get a constant, smooth resistance all the time whereas PC2 is all about informing you about grip and surfaces so it's more abrupt.
I think I prefer the PC2 way and I wonder if I could play around with the FFB settings and make it smoother while maintaining the great grip/surface informations.
 
The FFB quality in GTS is very dependent on which wheel you use. My cheap T150 is actually well supported by GTS and the force-feedback is OK, and it definitely got better since the release version. It's definitely not as detailed as PCars2, but if you enjoy online racing, the overall gaming experience in GTS is much better.

However, my new Fanatec CSL Elite wheel has absolutely terrible support from Polyphony. There's hardly any feedback at all with this wheel in GTS. Even though I hate all the bugs in PCars2, I'm actually going to play that more now, until Polyphony improves the Fanatec wheel support in GTS.
 
My comment was re: GTS. Still playing PC1, and the FFB there is magic. (Saving my allowance for PC2... )
 
Back