FGT Championship (Might Break Something)

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS_1182
  • 51 comments
  • 6,336 views
Settings bro. With the right setup, my bob won the championship very very convincingly, usually a full lap ahead of second place.
 
so after winning the championship, all we get is a Caterham Fireblade??? WTF...all that time and effort and we get this POS for a reward? Tell me what the incentive is in replaying this series over again?

It's a pretty rubbish prize, especially if you already had one like me!
The worst part though was that in golding the FGT championship I also completed the Extreme section of races, earning a level 21 car ticket...
Of course it turned out to be the HKS CT230R, the last car I bought before entering the championship! Aaaarrgh!
 
I'm about to crack 24 in BSpec...22 in Aspec...I think you can get it with either one level 24 can't you?

Also, is the rich trophy 20mil or 10mil? I've heard conflicting reports. I want to get that before buying the FGT in case I don't make it back there. Though if it's 20mil I won't bother. Almost at 8mil now.
 
Also check out the AI stuffing up on the last chicane before the start/finish line at the nurburgring track :)
I was about 1oth after the 1st lap in nurburgring and over time I made up to 3rd and on the final lap 1st and 2nd spun and I won by 2 seconds.
 
Crap... Just lost the championship after having won the first four races.... In which at Indy and Nurburgring I don't use the skid recovery, I can win these without too, hehe.. But then Monza came... Already did a test race (to see what times I had to get to win) without skid recovery and it was pretty easy to keep up with the competition so with dry weather I would have won that one too. But it rained, and thus I had to switch to my full wets. But to my astonishment the AI cars were much faster than me, while they were driving slicks... That's crazy... No control whatsoever in wet conditions for me, next time I'll switch the skid recovery on. Then came Suzuka, just before the race I could see some spray coming from the cars, so thought the track was wet, got myself some intermediate tyres, only to find out the track was completely dry... Also no chance in that one... If I would have started on slicks I would have won, since my lap times are equal to the competion, with skid recovery on. Gotta redo this championship again... Then hope for a dry Monza so I'll win the first 5 races.:)
 
Definitely don't wast money on the chassis or engine refresh. Oil change is all you need. As far as settings, gearing is the most important. Run some test laps on the tracks that are in the championship. I also raced Fuji until I was able to win before trying the championship. I don't normally use skid recovery or active steering, but I did for this race and it made a huge difference. No more spinning every time another car touches you. I also had to run a lot of practice laps at the Indy Road Course since I had not ran there before. I also tried the "one make race" at Indy until I felt comfortable. Once I did all this, I won the championship pretty easily. Only race I did not win was Monaco, where I got a second. I think the key to this race is to get out in front eary and block. After the first lap, the leader set an unbelievable pace.

Also, if it rains at Suzuka, keep your race-soft tires on. You will lap the field.
 
Definitely don't wast money on the chassis or engine refresh. Oil change is all you need. As far as settings, gearing is the most important. Run some test laps on the tracks that are in the championship. I also raced Fuji until I was able to win before trying the championship. I don't normally use skid recovery or active steering, but I did for this race and it made a huge difference. No more spinning every time another car touches you. I also had to run a lot of practice laps at the Indy Road Course since I had not ran there before. I also tried the "one make race" at Indy until I felt comfortable. Once I did all this, I won the championship pretty easily. Only race I did not win was Monaco, where I got a second. I think the key to this race is to get out in front eary and block. After the first lap, the leader set an unbelievable pace.

Also, if it rains at Suzuka, keep your race-soft tires on. You will lap the field.

After just over 10,000 miles the BHP on my FGT after oil change had dropped from 935, down to 888. That's a loss of 47 BHP. Engine re-build took it back to 932 BHP...
 
i initially did this with the stock setup a won all the events bar cote d'azur came 3rd.

i later found this setup

Downforce:
Front 70 Rear 90
Transmission:
Top Speed: 390KM/H - 242 Miles pr hour
LSD:
15/45/55
Suspension
Height: 5/5 10/10 for Bumpy
Spring Rate 17.4/17.5
Dampers E 8/8
Dampers C 6/6
Roll Bars 7/7
Camber Angle F 2.0 R 1.0
Toe Angle F 0.00 R -0.20
Brakes:
Brake balance 4/1

Thanks to ReikoNagase from GTPlanet.net forums for this set-up.

Recommended Transmission settings per race (KM/H):
Race 1 Fuji Speedway: 390
Race 2 Road Course - Indy: 380
Race 3 Cote d'Azur: 330 Remember to change after this race.
Race 4 Nurburgring GP/F: 360
Race 5 Monza: 380
Race 6 Suzuka: 380


used it a breezed through to gold the cote d'azur race.

i did however use different brake bias so try it and see. ive recommended it to a few people and they all says it pretty good.

oh and the only aid i had on was abs 1
 
I'm glad to hear this event is a tough challenge. I haven't tried it yet, but the FGT Challenge in GT4 was the easiest, and most boring challenge. I won every race by several laps. I look forward to this one!
 
Try using a few assists, I found it pretty easy once I turned Skid Force Recovery and ASM on. Forget about TCS, it'll just slow you down too much.
 
The trick here is to try out some of the races with different Assists (or turn them all on) depending on your skills, and drive really aggressively. Try searching for some good setups, but usualy its just the downforce that needs to be maxed. You should also use racing hard so you dont need to make a pit stop...

I won all races on 1st try, but often just only with 3-4 seconds margin. But it wasnt THAT hard... ;)

btw, anyone noticed that many of the other drivers spun around in the last chicane on the short nurburgring track? I won with 20-30 seconds on that one...

and on the last track with rain all of the other drivers pitted on the second lap?

funny, but it helped me.. ;)
 
After just over 10,000 miles the BHP on my FGT after oil change had dropped from 935, down to 888. That's a loss of 47 BHP. Engine re-build took it back to 932 BHP...

To clarify, I am not saying you never need to do an engine refresh. Just that it is not needed when you first get the car. Some have suggested doing the chassis and engine refresh is a prerequisite for doing the championship. Yes, if you put a tone of miles on your FGT, you might need to do one. But not if you just purchased the car.
 
To clarify, I am not saying you never need to do an engine refresh. Just that it is not needed when you first get the car. Some have suggested doing the chassis and engine refresh is a prerequisite for doing the championship. Yes, if you put a tone of miles on your FGT, you might need to do one. But not if you just purchased the car.

Understood, my mistake!

EDIT: Incidentally, I won my FGT championship in the same car Bob had been running in the B-Spec enduros' with close to 20,000 miles on. The BHP was back down to roughly 900 so no, certainly not a prerecuisite!
Worth considering for anyone struggling with a high mileage FGT and 1million credits to burn!
 
Last edited:
I just completed Extreme events and FGT being last since I had no formula car.
All I can say FGT events are rigged!

I did laugh on claims there's rubberband in this game, but if there is (it is), it's in Formula GT events.
Fuji and Monza, Monaco were piece of cake but strange things happens in Nürburgring GP track and Suzuka.

One Sunday driver has made lap record of 1:29.468 at Nürburgring. I did decent 1:32.xxx laps and rival cars were tailing me very close. At chicane before pit entry most of cars took kerb too rough and they spun on grass (after completing events I say this is well earnt karma penalty for game!). Now I got about 8 seconds advantage, but anyway on next lap AI almost got me. Fortunately they kept doing same mistake at chicane so I had clean run and victory.

Suzuka was bit hard so I even skipped it when FGT championship since I had secured the championship. Afterwards I tried to clear event as single race. Again those fools were tailing me like mad, just stressing me to make mistakes - which I did and a lot.

I would have said goodbye to win in thsi point but as 12th I begun to drive track around, but for my surprise I catch leader about 3 seconds per lap. It took few laps to catch 19 seconds cap but when I gained leading position again other cars were like glued to my diffuser with gap of 0.3 seconds!

I don't know why FGT is so rigged but it was also fun. Before Poly Phony fixes Nürburgring glitch I recommend you fellow player to take easy victory off from this event! I doubt they remove rubberband...
 
ChAssisi refresh (GT4) only seemed to matter if you used a wheel it would shake like friggin mad on high speed sections. (787b) on test course. (if I remember correctly) People were posting because they thought their wheels were broken.

I wonder if no one has hit the right conditions yet on this one.
 
As bought my FGT had 925 HP with an oil change. Engine refresh bumped this to 935 HP. If I get Bob to use it in a number of races this will increase some more (is the max +5% as even that would give a useful 982 HP). My NASCAR is now at 892 HP after running the series and letting Bob do the first B spec series race, abandoning it as there wasn't a hope of decent placing in the second race. Run in suitably, the rebuilt engine may just give you the edge you need in the series (I am in the same position with that series with my lack of god-like driving ability... it is the only Extreme series I have still to do).
 
I'm glad to hear this event is a tough challenge. I haven't tried it yet, but the FGT Challenge in GT4 was the easiest, and most boring challenge. I won every race by several laps. I look forward to this one!
The one in GT4 wasn't easy if you tried to do it in a Toyota 88C-V. Now that was a challenge. 15 300km races where you have to drive the balls off the car and be perfect. In GT3, its also possible (but difficult) to do FGT in a Toyota GT-One or Mazda 787B. GT5 doesn't even give you the option to the race with but a FGT. That's lame.
 
Just a tip here, following on from what others have said, if you get a race with rain the AI cars all forget to change their tyres so pit in usually at the end of the first lap. Make sure you start with the right tyres (although apparently these might be slicks rather than wets!) and you get a nice head start. Yeah I call it karmic too :)
 
I started the Monza race just to check it out...

I was having a good battle for the lead, thinking that the race might actually be fun. Then a few laps in I can't really tell but the rain MIGHT be slowing up a little bit. On lap 5 the cars behind me pit. I now have a 20+ second lead.

Over the next LAP the AI cars MAKE UP that 20+ second gap. Yes, they made up 20+ seconds in about a lap and a half. So I was thinking, maybe they stopped and put on dry tires. After making up that kind of time I was waiting for them to just blow by me. Do they? No. Now we are right back to racing. They made up 20+ seconds, but then when they caught me they weren't faster than me?

Then one of the AI cars dumped me going into a corner and I realized that beating that event was not important enough for me to deal with such retardation.
 
I found it quite easy and I was using a DS3 controller.

I think Monza is the easiest then Indy Road Course and Nurburgring. They always crash for no reason at the 'Ring so I won that one easily

I couldn't pull away from the pack in Fuji Speedway, I think the Formula GT cannot handle that track well with all of the elevation changes.

As for Monaco (Cote D'Azur), I found to be the hardest. I'm pretty crap at this track but luckily, I managed to snatched the win on the last lap.

For the Susuka track, I don't know, I skipped this race as I was getting bored.
 
I managed it with this:
ABS: 1
TCS: OFF
STM: OFF
Skid Recovery: OFF
Line: OFF
Tires: Racing Hard ( I imagine racing softs would make life a lot easier if you're struggling but I won all races using racing hards and wets when necessary)
Gear ratio 'Top Speed': 246~250

Won all races apart from the last one because I didn't do it.

you wont out accelerate the AI, they seem to be set to have the perfect position between traction and the edge of loosing grip under acceleration so just use the extra top speed and draft them on the straights to nail them in the corners.

If you're struggling with wheelspin don't turn tcs on but just exit the corner a gear higher, you'll loose out in acceleration but you can gain it back on straights/corners/braking.

It just takes consistency more than anything to be honest, I knew where I was quicker on Fuji (sector 2) so I just went for it through there and cruised the other sectors.

Indy was relatively easy (won by 20+ seconds thanks to the long straight and top speed advantage).

Monaco was a little more tricky and can be problematic if you can't maintain a good pace (probably hardest of all of them).

Nurburgring I just cruised as the AI constantly span on the chicane for no reason.

Monza the top speed advantage once again brought about the win easily (you can cut corners too if you're struggling)

Suzuka I don't know about as I didn't bother to do the race.

Hope this helps a little :)

(Also, car had chassis rigidity upgrade from the tuning parts, oil change and that was all, the car only had <200 miles on it from the dealer so I didn't think a chassis refresh or engine refresh was necessary)
 
I have just completed this did gold on everything but Suzuka , i just went around at ease having already won, this leaves me 1 race to gold so i still have something to do .. I had tried without ASM and could get gold on the first 3 easy enough but then i struggled the other 3 .. I found it very easy with ASM on and once in the lead i never really got challenged hard. Also i raised my height to F7 / B7 for Nurberg and whipped them taking the lead on lap 2 and never looked back. I went through the event with Spring Rate F14.5 / B 19.0 .. No idea what they do but it my have worked for me the other settings apart from height and Top Speed i used from one of the threads ,but i really don't think settings do much in this challange they seem more a mental "placebo" i really think it is the ASM that makes the difference. I also use ABS 1 and TCS 1. Learn the circuits is the key also.But i will admit it is not easy to do it is one of the harder Championships and can understand peoples frustration with it. I named it the "Clint Eastwood Challenge" as it can be "The Unforgiven" if you make too many mistakes.
 
Back