[FGTA] 1.5 Hour's of Laguna Seca: After Race ThreadFull 

• Thread starter Charlie A
  • 23 comments
Hey guys, like I said, I posted an After Race thread. Here you can post video's, pictures, and chat about the race. But DO NOT talk maliciously against another racer. If an incident happened on the track involving another racer, DO NOT talk about it here. Post it in the Incident Report Form . Stewards will also review the race when it is over.(My suggestion is for stewards to save the replay, and review it later) Then the stewards would talk privately with you. I know this is a bit early to open this thread up, but I don't want people posting video's and pictures on the main thread. (so It doesn't get "clogged up")

I was last place anyway for GT3. I didnt have a good set up. I feel bad if this burnt my reputation, but i was a Novice here.(Of course I have raced before) but not endurance. So congrats to the winners:) And I hope to make a new series. Me and Mike are already working on that:D

Pretty good event 👍 Nice to have a mixed class on track, just wished that there was less DNS in the other classes and team Nissan :rolleyes:. Cant wait for the next 1, might try a different class :D, just to have some fun with it, great hosting stigg;)👍, nice event Charlie. :gtpflag:

Pretty good event 👍 Nice to have a mixed class on track, just wished that there was less DNS in the other classes and team Nissan :rolleyes:. Cant wait for the next 1, might try a different class :D, just to have some fun with it, great hosting stigg;)👍, nice event Charlie. :gtpflag:

Sneak Peek:
GTLMS.png

EDIT: My own banner:) Its actually my series, but it will be a FGTA Series shortly:D

The tyre bug killed me, and I didn't even bother going back out. I managed to get two nice pics, though.

JaPO0vk.jpg

Cam and I at the end of the first lap, with me passing on the outside.

QkduQAT.jpg

Cam and I at the Cork on lap 2, after he clipped my back, nearly spinning me out. Probably an accident, though, so don't punish him.

Hey, I couldnt change to RS!???!!! So I ran RM's and RH ran about 1:30 average:(
No one could. Even though I set the tire restriction to none, it wouldn't let us chose RS. I went back after the race to make sure there was no restriction, and there wasn't.

I heard through the grapevine that most people in GT3 were just going to 1 stop on mediums. So I decided before the race to pit at the end of lap 1, put the softs on, and then 2 stop from there (3 stops in total). Was all going to plan, until I came into the pits at the end of lap 1 and realised I couldn't put on the softs. It completely destroyed my strategy, because now I was still on the same tyre as everyone else, but a slower version of it due to the pit bug. Now, I don't mind the bug too much in the R8 because its a joy to drive after pitting, its just so planted! But without that extra second or so a lap that the softs would have given me, it was a loosing battle.

Either way was a great race, really enjoyed it. I love Laguna, and the car was awesome!

I heard through the grapevine that most people in GT3 were just going to 1 stop on mediums. So I decided before the race to pit at the end of lap 1, put the softs on, and then 2 stop from there (3 stops in total). Was all going to plan, until I came into the pits at the end of lap 1 and realised I couldn't put on the softs. It completely destroyed my strategy, because now I was still on the same tyre as everyone else, but a slower version of it due to the pit bug. Now, I don't mind the bug too much in the R8 because its a joy to drive after pitting, its just so planted! But without that extra second or so a lap that the softs would have given me, it was a loosing battle.

Either way was a great race, really enjoyed it. I love Laguna, and the car was awesome!
Yeah, I don't get why we couldn't use softs :nervous:

Same here! I was going for softs but none were there:(

Was a great race, I enjoyed taking the GT3 win :D

Shame about the game locking the tyres, but lesson learnt, you can't change tyre regs while cars are on track :(

@gtpcaine would have been worth a try, bit of a mountain to climb even on the soft, but might have worked. I clocked you when you come in at the end of lap 1 and realized what you were doing so ripped my 1st set apart trying to make sure you couldn't catch me before your next stop ;) did wonder why you didn't get closer, but that question was answered when Dan messaged me that he could only get RM's :lol: and then quit :( :banghead:

Sneak Peek:View attachment 128964

EDIT: My own banner:) Its actually my series, but it will be a FGTA Series shortly:D
Keep a watch on our FGTA thread found here, this is where the information will be released 1st, ensure your name is on the FGTA driver list for priority sign up ;)

Sadly people got disconnected:( Dman (@Damon Foster) My good friend got disconnected at the beginning. But he has some connection problems. All in All, decent race, wish I could have finished it, but hey, sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Was a great race, I enjoyed taking the GT3 win :D

Shame about the game locking the tyres, but lesson learnt, you can't change tyre regs while cars are on track :(

@gtpcaine would have been worth a try, bit of a mountain to climb even on the soft, but might have worked. I clocked you when you come in at the end of lap 1 and realized what you were doing so ripped my 1st set apart trying to make sure you couldn't catch me before your next stop ;) did wonder why you didn't get closer, but that question was answered when Dan messaged me that he could only get RM's :lol: and then quit :( :banghead:

Keep a watch on our FGTA thread found here, this is where the information will be released 1st, ensure your name is on the FGTA driver list for priority sign up ;)
What do you mean? Sign Up for the GTLMS? Ill sort that out with you behind the scenes Mike, Ill make a thread as well.

What do you mean? Sign Up for the GTLMS? Ill sort that out with you behind the scenes Mike, Ill make a thread as well.
Once we have more planned we will post in the FGTA thread with the information we have and allow FGTA drivers to put their name down, then once ALL details are confirmed we will open the thread with however many spaces are left open after all the FGTA drivers have entered 👍

Back