[FGTA] Global Sports Car Championship -- Test EventFinished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 16 comments
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Welcome to the Global Sports Car Championship!
A Federation of Gran Turismo Autosports Series

The Concept
Welcome to the test event thread for the Gran Turismo Global Sports Car Series, powered by the FGTA! This will be a multi - class, sports car endurance series. There will be no prototypes, only two classes of sports cars. Group A will be made of GTLM racers, and Group B will be mostly made of powered up GT300 cars, with a few extra additions.

We currently run on Tuesday and Thursday nights, Eastern Standard Time in the US (GMT -4), and it looks like those will be the times we will follow for this series.

This will be an official test event for the series. It will be the first time we have run the two classes together in great numbers. There will be no points on offer for this race. If all goes according to plan, we will start the series on June 19th.

Rules and Regulations

This will be a special event to test the room settings for the main series with both classes on track at the same time. This will be a 90 minute race at Grand Valley.

*Please read these carefully, you will be expected to know these come race time. If you have any question, we will be more than happy to clarify anything.

*All cars must comply to the regulations on race day. We will check.
Also, be sure that you have bought both the soft and medium race tires. You will race with both.

The Track

Grand Valley Speedway

Time: 90 minutes

Those interested in joining should either reply to the thread or send me a PM with the following information:

GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Class:
Car/Number:

You may change your mind up until race day. You will be expected and required to race in the class that you have sign up for. There will be no switching of cars and classes mid season.

Signs ups for drivers will be updated in post #2.

For those who have already signed up for the main series, teams will not be important for this event.

There will be a practice lounge set up Tuesday night. Watch this forum for further details.

Flip157 will be the room host, please add on PSN or you won't be able to get in.

Hope to see you out there!

Last edited:

Group A
1. flip157 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 LM / #92
2. Nail-27 / Mclaren F1 / #27

Group B
1. Joe_DiBen / Autobacs Garaiya / #17

2. ares118785 / Subaru Imprezza GT300 / #18
3. Somebodyshootme / TBA / #68

Last edited:
If we are already registered as a team do we have to re-register for each race or test.?

@Nail-27/nail-27
Mclaren #27
Mclaren orange with white wheels

@joe_diben #17 Autobacs
Don't know color.
We are on main post.
Cheers

Last edited:
If we are already registered as a team do we have to re-register for each race or test.?

If you're in on the main page, just let me know you if can make this one. I'll just take your info from the main thread.

Anyone interested Joe and I are going to pound around Grand Valley for awhile. Friends Welcome

Closed

Last edited:
I'm down.

Flip, what mods are the Lxus using? stage 3 engine or Mid range RPM Turbo?

I liked the mid rpm turbo a little better. It fizzles out on top end, but still has the kick of the stage 3 Engine mod.

I liked the mid rpm turbo a little better. It fizzles out on top end, but still has the kick of the stage 3 Engine mod.

When I get back, I'll double check things. I believe the turbo gets the figures a little closer to the other cars, so we'll probably do that. I haven't done a head - to - head comparison of the two mods yet.

What time does the race start, I don't see a start time, maybe I'm just overlooking it somewhere...

The schedule is in the series specs, but I did forget to post it up in the forums here.

We will use the same time frame that is listed there. Room should open up at around 11:15pm EST, and then qualifying starts at 11:30 and last for 12 minutes. Race starts immediately after.

Just a few quick things about tonight's race.

Mics will be on, but you probably won't hear me tonight. Got a bug, basically have no voice.

Tonight will be a standing start with the brake check and start lights on.

Other than that, it'll be standard procedure as always. 90 minutes at Grand Valley, 2 stops minimum, 2 tire compounds. Hope to see you guys tonight!

Back