Series FinishedFinished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 152 comments
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
GTP_Caine
fgtalogo.jpg

megane.jpg

Hello and welcome to the FGTA Renault Megane Trophy Challenge.

This series is a stock spec series running over 9 weeks, starting on Saturday 3rd January 2015, and finishing on the 28th February, with the final round being part of the support program to the CORE N24 which is being live streamed all over the world.
hr.png

The Car
As the name suggests the car being used is the Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11.

The series is tuning prohibited, meaning the only alterations permitted are: Oil Change, Chassis Rigidity, Brake Balance. All driving aids will be set to prohibited except for ABS.

The car will be at the following specs:
PP: 518
BHP: 377
KG: 955
Tyres: RH
hr.png

The Format
The series will have 1x 10 minute qualifying session, and 3 races per round. 2x 20 minute sprint races and 1x 40 minute feature race.

Qualifying determines the grid order for race 1 only. Races 2 and 3 will see a reverse grid based on the previous race.

Races 1 and 2 will have tyre wear set to Fast, but making a pit-stop in these races will result in a 10 second time penalty.

Race 3 will have tyre wear set to Normal, with 1 mandatory pit-stop required. Although the tyres and fuel will last the full distance, this pit-stop is to allow drivers to strategically pass opponents if they can't manage it on track. The pit-stop may be taken on any lap the driver chooses, except for the final lap.

Points are awarded to top 10 finishers only, with double points being awarded in the feature races. There will also be bonus points up for grabs. 1 point for Pole Position in qualifying, 1 point for Fastest Lap in each race, and 2 points to all drivers who have a clean race, (no penalties). This means, the maximum points available per weekend is 50.
points.jpg

The starts will be grid starts with a false start check, grip levels will be set to real, and damage will be on light.
hr.png

Rules And Penalties
The rules are simple:
  • Keep two wheels inside the white lines at all times.
  • Do not make contact with other drivers.
  • Do not crowd / run another car off track.
  • Do not pit during race 1 or 2.
  • Fill out a race report after each race weekend within 24hours.
Penalties will be applied post race after any stewarding has been completed and then results will be posted. Penalties will be given as follows:

Abusing track limits to gain advantage 3 or more times: +20 seconds
Making substantial contact with another car: +60 seconds
Forcing another car off track: +20 seconds
Pitting during race 1 + 2: +10 seconds
Failing to fill out a race report: +30 seconds

The rules above are subject to additions or alterations should the stewards see fit.
hr.png

The Calendar and Timetable
The provisional timetable is as follows (all times are at GMT):

Lobby Open: 10:30
Qualifying Start: 11:00
Race 1 Start: 11:10
Race 2 Start: 11:35
Race 3 Start: 12:00
Lobby Close: 12:50

The provisional calendar is as follows:

Round 1: Autumn Ring
Round 2: Laguna Seca
Round 3: Special Stage Route 5: Clubman
Round 4: Suzuka East
Round 5: Apricot Hill
Round 6: Circuito di Roma
Round 7: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
Round 8: Eiger Nordwand: Short Circuit
Round 9: Nurburgring GP/D
hr.png
To sign up to the series please post in the thread with the following details:

PSN Name: driver1
Car Number: #1
Car Colour: red

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you on track! Have fun guys!

Last edited:
Registered Drivers

Spaces available: 1​
GTP: gtpcaine
PSN: GTP_Caine
Car Number: #3
Car Colour: TBC
-------------------
GTP: merlinrichards
PSN: MerlinRichards
Car Number: #57
Car Colour: Blue
-------------------
GTP: rono_thomas
PSN: rono_thomas
Car Number: #14
Car Colour: Black
-------------------
GTP: STOCKY8A1
PSN: STOCKY8A1
Car Number: #22
Car Colour: Yellow
-------------------
GTP: rcb929
PSN: rcb929
Car Number #12
Car Colour: Gold
-------------------
GTP: Mamaghi
PSN: Mamaghi
Car Number: #7
-------------------
GTP: SmileyWRX
PSN: SmileyWRX
Car Number: #13
Car Colour: Cream
-------------------
GTP: Ryan Sandall
PSN: ruzzwald
Car Number: #97
Car Colour: Flourescent Green
-------------------
GTP: HAMILTONR
PSN: GTP_HAMILTONR
Car Number: #44
Car Colour: Black
-------------------
GTP: racingline
PSN: TRL_EVOLUTION
Car Number: #6
Car Colour: Ghost White
-------------------
GTP: PJTierney
PSN: PJTierney
Car Number: #45
Car Colour: Arctic White
-------------------
GTP: bcd73
PSN: bcd73
Car Number: TBC
-------------------
GTP: GT_Vette
PSN: TRL_Agro
Car Number: #19
Car Colour: Magmarot

----------------------------------------------
Reserve Entries:

GTP: rclark83
PSN: rclark83
Car Number: #55
Car Colour: Blue
--------------------
GTP: Brutaka
PSN: Brutaka_GT
Car Number: #23
Car Colour: Silver
--------------------
GTP: GlenAlz81
PSN: Glen-Alz-81
Car Number: #81
Car Colour: Orange
--------------------
GTP: SniperRed3
PSN: SniperRed3
Car Number: #69
Car Colour: Yellow

Last edited:
Hi. Will these races be livestreamed? And if so, will it be done by CORE or by FGTA?
At this present moment, all I can say for certain is that the final round will be livestreamed by CORE as it will be held in the N24 Lobby on the day of the event. If I find out any more details I will let you know. 👍

PSN: GTP_HAMILTONR
Car Number #44
Car Colour Black

Is this a team event? IF not I may change the colour.

Cheers! Have a lovely Christmas all!

Why are we using such short circuits?
I decided to go with shorter circuits to keep the action coming so to speak. There will be a smaller difference in laptime between the drivers meaning closer racing... in theory. I think the track selection suits the format of the championship quite well.

I decided to go with shorter circuits to keep the action coming so to speak. There will be a smaller difference in laptime between the drivers meaning closer racing... in theory. I think the track selection suits the format of the championship quite well.
I see what you mean but in particular brands hatch Indy, eager norwand and Suzuka East, the times wI'll be close for sure but I think it's gonna be so bad for racing. Norwand will be like a one lane street, brands has 5 corners and Suzuka is a tedious follow the leader... But that's my opinion but that's my prediction for those races basically let me know what you think

I see what you mean but in particular brands hatch Indy, eager norwand and Suzuka East, the times wI'll be close for sure but I think it's gonna be so bad for racing. Norwand will be like a one lane street, brands has 5 corners and Suzuka is a tedious follow the leader... But that's my opinion but that's my prediction for those races basically let me know what you think

Nordwand had some great side by side racing in the CORE CSS. Brands may have 5 corners but 3 of them you can overtake on. Suzuka east can be good if you are brave or set yourself up right for the straight...

That is true and while race 1 might be a follow the leader case, race 2 will be more of a challenge for the faster drivers due to the reverse grid. It also means in race 3, the 1 mandatory pitstop can be used to assist in passing by using strategy.

Nordwand had some great side by side racing in the CORE CSS. Brands may have 5 corners but 3 of them you can overtake on. Suzuka east can be good if you are brave or set yourself up right for the straight...
I'm unfamiliar with the core stuff, what cars were they in? If anyone does overtake on these 3 tracks I'm pretty sure one car won't make it, but also tedium a slalom for 40mins sounds really thrilling, it's just with same cars that don't have a great burst of power on tracks were the longest straight is tiny(apart from Suzuka) and I'm guessing real slipstream every move is gonna be a lunge or a crash.

Back