FIA and Polyphony

• Thread starter amdlll
  • 7 comments
United States
Ohio
amdlll
Recently, Polyphony and the FIA have created a long-term relationship. With that being said, is it possible for Polyphony to gain more rights to put more formula cars in their game? Yes, I realize GT6 has Aryton Senna and the Formula Gran Turismo and 1,000 other cars, but I prefer the performance of F1 cars like the Ferrari F2007 and 10'. Thank you.

What I want is for F-1 to STOP being a "do it our way or else" pile of sewage. Why is it bad to run cars from different eras on the same track in a race?

THAT is more the problem than getting ANY of the cars.

Recently, Polyphony and the FIA have created a long-term relationship. With that being said, is it possible for Polyphony to gain more rights to put more formula cars in their game? Yes, I realize GT6 has Aryton Senna and the Formula Gran Turismo and 1,000 other cars, but I prefer the performance of F1 cars like the Ferrari F2007 and 10'. Thank you.
I wouldn't count on it, The FIA thing is a partnership, not a license, and F1 has its own set of licensees it needs if PD wants to add more F1 cars into it.

I also want more cars, like the WTCC for example...
Much ditto. 👍 I want race cars from every racing league Kaz can sweet talk into signing up. Lots of them, enough to fill a field for a race in GT7. And PD has the raw material to work with in Gran Turismo already, either race cars or sports cars which can be race modded for BTCC, WTCC, ALMS/USSC, WRC, all the FIA GT classes... just about everything in existence. There are a few missing cars like the TVR Sagaris and... well, Porsche. But there are enough alternates that PD should be able to fill in all the blanks. Fantasy cars and liveries are fine. Not only the Fomula GT cars, but the Ford GT LM race cars are great examples of what PD could do. And short of getting the much coveted Porsche license, I'd love to see the RUFs in racing trim. Heck, even with Porsches. :D

Much ditto. 👍 I want race cars from every racing league Kaz can sweet talk into signing up. Lots of them, enough to fill a field for a race in GT7. And PD has the raw material to work with in Gran Turismo already, either race cars or sports cars which can be race modded for BTCC, WTCC, ALMS/USSC, WRC, all the FIA GT classes... just about everything in existence. There are a few missing cars like the TVR Sagaris and... well, Porsche. But there are enough alternates that PD should be able to fill in all the blanks. Fantasy cars and liveries are fine. Not only the Fomula GT cars, but the Ford GT LM race cars are great examples of what PD could do. And short of getting the much coveted Porsche license, I'd love to see the RUFs in racing trim. Heck, even with Porsches. :D
You don't sweet talk people into letting you use their name, logo and images in order to make money for yourself, you negotiate a contract and pay for the rights to do so like everyone else. Having an association with the FIA might get your foot in the door easier but it's still the wallet that does most of the talking.

You don't sweet talk people into letting you use their name, logo and images in order to make money for yourself, you negotiate a contract and pay for the rights to do so like everyone else.
Gee... why didn't I think of that? And here I thought that Kaz just did stuff, and it was in Gran Turismo. Silly me. ;)

Back