FIA European Truck Racing Championship Review: A Promising (but Niche) Rookie Debut

A heads up, its £12.99 on psn sale now...and there`s people selling it on ebay for over £100:confused:
I just got it on psn, and i love it, for me its a little gem of a sim style game. Alot of fun.

Thanks for the heads up on the discount.

I tried in sunset setting Nurburing and it had wet track and looked great for me,
The track well done really.
The sounds are great.
The control , i tried with gamepad for now only, is great.
Physics great, feel in cockpit great, 3rd person is fun and well done too.
The ai is good and fun, makes mistakes sometime, take different lines.
You have to use carefully the torque and turbo boost between 2000 and 2500 rpm in turns.

You got 2 series championships, with different unique tracks to them, custom championships, career, good rule sets you can set on off.
Practice, qualif, races, good replays.

Only thing i find strange is there is replay on even practice, qualifs, and quick race, but i dont see it in full events for races i dont know.

This and nh4, even f1 2018, are worth trying out to me, even if looked down on maybe.

Edit: only one problem now, same as in wrc7, i need keep my ds4 on even when using a wheel.
Really annoying this, it was fixed in wrc8.
Anyone know a solution?
Edit2: tried with the wheel and its perfect.

Last edited:
Really?! That’s weird, I’ve never had that happen. Have you tried any online racing?

Last edited:
Really?! That’s weird, I’ve never had that happen. Have you tried any online racing?

Im not much into online sorry.
Yeah i have the same problem with the wheel and ds4 in wrc7, really wish to know if there's a simple way to avoid it.

I tried the quick race to test the replay for races, seems it only works up until 4 lap races. Pretty lame, i dont know why on ps4 gen it's often like this.

I really hope on ps5 you'll ve able to watch all your gameplays, and save any part of it in the game itself.

Did try the world series, seems a little bump in performance, so that's good.

Edit: getting used to the handling a little more, easier with a wheel.., and the ai seems slow now. I set it on hard and i finished 1st in my 1st race. That was in etrc custom championship.
Getting a little worried, hope the last difficulty will be hard enough.
I did use the maybe easier 3rd person view, will try later in cockpit.

Well also i noticed the different truck i used in wtrc has better brake so seemed an advantage.

Edit2: even on expert they are slow it seems, and there is very easy lol, easy, normal, hard also. But the ai seems rubber banded, giving you too much of a chance to be in the top runners, too bad the devs set it like this so much. Maybe it stays challenging when you speed up though, need see..

It certainly makes the racing a little pointless, and even if in nh4 it gives you a chance to catch up when you are a lap down or set back to last positions, at least the top runners stay fast enough once you catch up to them.

Also nh4 is much more thrilling for sure with fast speed curves in traffic.

Edit3 lol: well i tried the career, and the difficulty settings are a little different, and trying the hardest one i can see it seems much harder than in custom championship.

Phew, i thought i bought a truck hotlapper only hehe. Im saved.., seems a good challenge for now thank god.

Well also in cockpit view it might be harder in a race, we'll see.

At least its some info for anyone thinking to get it. Just the challenges at the beginning of career are so easy. The feel is great but the times are easy to get.
Cheers

Last edited:
Back