FIA Feedback, plus FIA Career mode?

• Thread starter covan2306
  • 4 comments
United States
MI
covan2306
First of all this isn't going to be a whiney thread about the timrards that ruin anything online by Mad Maxin' entire races.

My issue is the entire set up of the events. I fully understand it was a test....regardless it felt like it took them 32.8 seconds to put it together, as if it were just another daily race.

Pro's: The start of the grid was cool, scrolling through the cars/drivers. was a good build up.
Qualification..annoying? yes, good? yes

Con's: Tyre wear off.....
Fuel off......
Settings/Tuning....off
CSM, ASM, AT, lines/guides.....on
10 lap races
No pillow included so I could doze off while I read the race settings and sighed.

Not all bad though, it was a test, which in turn should mean a lot can and should change.

Race settings:
Races changed to Duration/endurance.(on Gr.X/1/3/4/B) Laps on N category.
Event length 1hr. 10minutes qualifying, 40minutes race, 10 minute for the loading, race start/end..screens and whatnots
Tyre/tire wear: ON
Fuel consumption: ON
Tuning/car settings: ON
Counter steering: OFF
Stability management: OFF
Automatic transmissions: OFF
Guides/assists: OFF
Penalties: >9secs full stop on track, 10+ seconds pit penalty.

Nations:
Karts/N100-900/Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.1/Gr.x

Manufacturers:
(Gr.3/4)

FIA Campaign/Career (My idea)
We don't have a good campaign in the game, we know and by now should have accepted this fact.

My idea would be a daily FIA campaign season(1 race limit per driver, per day)
Everyone starts on Kart racing, ranking unlocks further events for a driver, higher the ranking better the access.

FIA amatuer ranking/access (gained in Karts)
S- Gr.B,Gr.3, Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts and access to FIA Pro ranking
A-Gr.B,Gr.3, Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts and access to FIA Pro ranking
B-Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts and access to FIA Semi-Pro ranking
C- Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts and access to FIA Semi-Pro ranking
D- N600, N400, Karts and access to FIA Amatuer ranking
E-Karts and access to FIA Amatuer ranking

FIA Semi Pro ranking/access (gained in Gr.B,Gr.3,Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts)
S- Gr.1,Gr.B,Gr.3, Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts and access to FIA Pro ranking
A-Gr.1,Gr.B,Gr.3, Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts and access to FIA Pro ranking
B-Gr.3,Gr.B,Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts
C- Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts
D- Gr,4N600, N400, Karts
E-demoted to amatuer C

FIA Pro ranking/access (gained in gr.x,Gr.1, Gr,3)
S- Gr.X, Gr.1,Gr.3,Gr.B,Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts
A-Gr.1,Gr.3, Gr.B,Gr.4, N600, N400, Karts
B-E demoted to Semi-pro B rating

each day would have a Kart/Gr.1/Gr.3 or gr.B/Gr.4 or N600/N400. gr.x hosting 2 races each weekend

(Driving school: all golds grants access to semi-pro from scratch? maybe, they were kinda easy so dunno)

This would add a system where drivers who suceed would be moved onwards and upwards though a 'career' type scenario, and players who don't would need to work on their skills a bit more.
Note that this is not the be all end all idea, everything up there in my idea is open to discussion, was a basis rather than a template.

Last edited:
Maybe for an immersive style, in pro you need to sign for race teams, trials, contracts etc(contracts = monthly credit income?), then limit to 2 of any car to a track...expanding to the ability to make race teams with team livery/colors.

2 things that form the basis of an intelligent racing championship are Sportsmanship and matchmaking.

Sportsmanship rules have to be buttoned down fast, there are too many questionable calls and misconduct is not being correctly addressed. This must be priority #1 if FIA championships are to garner respect and increase in participation.

Matchmaking is inconsistent at best. How can one justify placing a C/S driver against the #1 driver in NA? Or mix in a driver with a +5 second gap/lap? Grouping a credible class of drivers based on pace and conduct is essential for a quality event and right now it feels more like a video game than an organized event by one of the most prestigious governing body in motorsports.

The FIA series could be fantastic and if PD is running these test seasons to improve and refine, they have a bit of homework to grind through. If they sit back and do not engage proactively then I'm afraid I will venture to new platforms with improved governance.

Good luck PD. And to those that are overseeing the FIA testing, you don't have 3 years to fix this. More like 3 months. I'd advise you to make swift and intelligent refinements as this and other communities are vetting the game with you.

2 things that form the basis of an intelligent racing championship are Sportsmanship and matchmaking.

Sportsmanship rules have to be buttoned down fast, there are too many questionable calls and misconduct is not being correctly addressed. This must be priority #1 if FIA championships are to garner respect and increase in participation.

Matchmaking is inconsistent at best. How can one justify placing a C/S driver against the #1 driver in NA? Or mix in a driver with a +5 second gap/lap? Grouping a credible class of drivers based on pace and conduct is essential for a quality event and right now it feels more like a video game than an organized event by one of the most prestigious governing body in motorsports.

The FIA series could be fantastic and if PD is running these test seasons to improve and refine, they have a bit of homework to grind through. If they sit back and do not engage proactively then I'm afraid I will venture to new platforms with improved governance.

Good luck PD. And to those that are overseeing the FIA testing, you don't have 3 years to fix this. More like 3 months. I'd advise you to make swift and intelligent refinements as this and other communities are vetting the game with you.

The idea I had would separate players with better logic than their system, putting good racers into higher unreachable tiers. To put myself into that system using my current rating C-C(thanks brazil) normally B-B, this weekend was horendous. I would be only able to race amatuer and semi-pro ranked players, and also in only 4 race categories(Gr.4, N600, N400 and Karts), the best drivers on the game would not see or smell me.

I will however agree on the 'too many questionable calls and misconduct is not being correctly addressed' and 'you don't have 3 years to fix this. More like 3 month', PS4 community is a lot more punishing on games that stall/stutter, and competition is trying to be present. (I was hoping DC2 had taken the majority of arcade racers, to help GTsport..might be the opposite).
The amount of crazy penalties I have seen for being the victim of what can only be considered barbaric is absurd.

Last edited:
(I was hoping DC2 had taken the majority of arcade racers, to help GTsport..might be the opposite).

GT and similar titles will always be full of "arcade" or "casual" players.
If you want more "sim" minded people,you should check AC and Pcars communities -or better yet join the "PC master race"-.
(If by DC2 you mean DriveClub 2,DC 2 is cancelled if I am not mistaken.)

Back