(FIA)- GT3 Club/League - Jan.CUP #2 - sign-up post #696 (public & members)Open 

• Thread starter gurizzi
  • 723 comments
Hey thanks
I wasnt suggesting to move time for this race, i do understand there were a lot of lies made up to convince women we are doing something else. We are going karting so doing it for real is more fun :) if its 6 pm its perfect ill be in it as often as i can. As for zero im joking, no worries in the mirrors........ ill be in front :))))))))))

Hey thanks
I wasnt suggesting to move time for this race, i do understand there were a lot of lies made up to convince women we are doing something else. We are going karting so doing it for real is more fun :) if its 6 pm its perfect ill be in it as often as i can. As for zero im joking, no worries in the mirrors........ ill be in front :))))))))))

LOL, what are women? Ok!, sounds good!, it will be either 6pm or 7pm London time. Yes!, karting is VERY fun, enjoy urselves but be careful! HAHAHA! you have the correct attitude!, tell urself ur the best until reality kicks in shortly after, BUT that's the perect approach! See you guys soon!

LOL, what are women? Ok!, sounds good!, it will be either 6pm or 7pm London time. Yes!, karting is VERY fun, enjoy urselves but be careful! HAHAHA! you have the correct attitude!, tell urself ur the best until reality kicks in shortly after, BUT that's the perect approach! See you guys soon!
Cheers mate we will,probably we will have sore ribs on monday :))))

Hi, picked up @stg request on the Video forum and have uploaded the nailbiting finish to the Suzuka race on my YouTube channel for anyone who would like to see it. Also uploading the start of the race and full race vid which will be finished uploading on my channel in a few hours...

Obviously this is only a compressed YouTube version. If anyone else from the club (other than stg who i am already speaking to) would like a full size version let me know and we'll try to work something out. Someone suggested Google drive for the full size file - I don't think I have Google drive myself (or at least I have never used it if I have lol) but you might...?

Hope you like the race vids :)

Maybe you might find something else you like on the channel, most of my vids are seasonal events, hot laps and recently started uploading "practice laps" at Sierra in classic cars like Mario's Hudson. But there's no catch - I won't get upset if you don't find something you like to watch, it's nice to have been able to help out...

Hello, sirjim!!---

That is an excellent video & everyone @ GT3 Club is thankful for your time, talent & kindness in posting this video. 👍👍:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

-- Let me help everyone understand what is happening in this video( other then great situational racing & outstanding race etiquette)

-- This race was a practice round, 20min. 'E' format, 1 mandatory pit-stop w/ tire compound change req. - Damage: HEAVY.

-- I was holding the lead position thanks to a RM tire start, I'm now on RH tires with one lap to go, simply hoping ahojekk would make a mistake:censored:🤬🤬. Little did i know....ahojekk was putting on a clinic. 👍

-- ahojekk, started the race with RH tire & is now on RM's. He continues to close the gap to me driving great! But this where it gets good, he continues to execute during our battle & takes the win! all while driving with a damaged rear end!!! thats one for the kids!!!!

------Again, thank you very much, sirjim, for posting this, i will have a lot fun watching it over & over!!!!

:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hi all and thanks for the thanks (if you see what I mean) the start of the race and full race vid have finished uploading and you can find them here...:

Glad you liked the race vid - happy that I could help :)

Hi gurizzi,
Is there any chance to do the races 2-3 hours later? In uk its at 4 pm so you can not do much if you want to race because the race is in the middle of the day.
Hello, zilva & Edie.
Lets aim for about 6pm London time, how does that sound for Race #3?
I'd like to try and join some time, and that new time of 6pm U.K. would fit me like a perfect glove.
Same as 'zilva', the previous time of 4pm U.K. is usually when the family meets up for the week for dinner and such.

Great race at Suzuka, everyone! I was pretty frustrated during my first stint. I was expecting rain to be a factor right away, so I started on Intermediates. It turned out that the huge storm system that was expected to nail Japan barely skimmed us, giving us only some light sprinkles. So that definitely threw a wrinkle into my strategy. I now had to do a 3-stop race. Luckily, I got my bad stint out of the way and was able to run the rest of the way on mediums. I also want to mention the exciting couple of laps during one cycle of pit stops when gurizzi went off after turn 1 while I was battling Maseca (I think?). We barely missed gurizzi, and then right behind us appeared the very fast gibbs. So there ended up being a nice 4-way fight for a little while. Then I made my final stop and somehow came out in 2nd! So I really ran the best race I could have given the situation. Very happy to bring it home where I did.

Gurizzi,

At Start

20141005_142715.jpg

Gurizzi

At Finish

20141005_143949.jpg

Transfers Earned-
gibbsgto {+2}
thermite {+2}
gurizzi {+1}
team-maseca {+1}

Last edited:
Thank you very much, VTC! ---

I forgot to save the replay! oooops!

Thanks to ALL who participated in this GT3 event! great racing!

Kinda weird how the replay doesn't update when there's a tire change. Also I was wondering how many stops everyone else made, so that was cool that I was able to finish that high with 3 stops instead of 2. I'll try to take pictures of the race at some point!

I don't know how many pit stops I had I'll have to watch the replay I'm guessing 4 or 5 bad race management

VTC, if u check the 'finish' results u posted under 'pits' it shows you had 5 stops. You put your pit- crew to work! I bet they will b flawless next race!

I've watch the replay and noticed that me, lewmatic12, and thermite_917 started the race with IM tires. I don't know about them but I was expecting rain or a wet track at start. I pit on Lap 4 and put on RM tires and again on Lap 10 and put IM tires and still no rain. Then pit on 12 & 18 & 21 for a splash of gas so I could finish. For a total of 5 pits that's not good, I was a bad boy, that's too many pits and the rain never came.

ahojekk ran out of gas on Lap 17 and lap 18 just guit what's up with that he still could have a 3rd or 4th place or maybe a 2nd.

DON'T EVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT

As always great racing with everyone!!!

Great race at Suzuka, everyone! I was pretty frustrated during my first stint. I was expecting rain to be a factor right away, so I started on Intermediates. It turned out that the huge storm system that was expected to nail Japan barely skimmed us, giving us only some light sprinkles. So that definitely threw a wrinkle into my strategy. I now had to do a 3-stop race. Luckily, I got my bad stint out of the way and was able to run the rest of the way on mediums. I also want to mention the exciting couple of laps during one cycle of pit stops when gurizzi went off after turn 1 while I was battling Maseca (I think?). We barely missed gurizzi, and then right behind us appeared the very fast gibbs. So there ended up being a nice 4-way fight for a little while. Then I made my final stop and somehow came out in 2nd! So I really ran the best race I could have given the situation. Very happy to bring it home where I did.

I mis-judged the weather settings, i wanted it to rain a little but it was just a sprinkle here & there, thats on me!, my bad! Also, when i came back on course i saw you & Maseca, i had two tires on course, two off but i must have hit a hole or something because all of the sudden i was pointing across track! LOL, great reactions by Maseca! sorry again! My only real 'moments' were in turn 1, i did a little lawn mowing, that was about it. Great drive Thermite! :cheers:

Lol i was expecting rain as well. Had a good start but went off in turn 6 which put me in the back of the pack. After my tire change to RM I was making up some good time but ran lil too hot into spoon corner a couple of times. Pretty much ran the rest of the race in 5th by myself while the top 4 was nowhere near for me to catch. Kinda of disappointing performance for me being Suzuka is my favorite track and I do a lot of my testing/tuning there. Overall good race everyone and I will be ready for the next one.

I'm glad Maseca had a great reaction because I planned on following him right through there. And I think I followed you when you did the lawn mowing haha.

Lol i was expecting rain as well. Had a good start but went off in turn 6 which put me in the back of the pack. After my tire change to RM I was making up some good time but ran lil too hot into spoon corner a couple of times. Pretty much ran the rest of the race in 5th by myself while the top 4 was nowhere near for me to catch. Kinda of disappointing performance for me being Suzuka is my favorite track and I do a lot of my testing/tuning there. Overall good race everyone and I will be ready for the next one.

Hey, Lew!---

Good drive as usual!, I knew you would be excited to race Suzuka, too bad it didn't go well, but that's how it is sometimes lol. I was expecting to have to deal with you, but I got lucky haha! Cya next Sunday!

Hello, ALL! ---

I up-dated the points now that there has been two races completed! See post/report #2!

-- Race #2 @ Suzuka results & transfers up-dates, see post #255!

-- I'd like everyone to keep their own personal points counted just as a back-up. If you see any mistakes plz let me knw! I never passed a math class so I wouldn't be surprised if u find a mistake here or there LOL, thnx!

-- Also we will be working on some tie-breakers, poles & hot-laps will be used @ end of CUP, but might need more.

-- Track voting will be held shortly....

EDIT: also, check the new start time for our races! post #2

--- Points Breakdown: post #1

-- GT3 Club's new start time:

- 7pm London, UK
- 11am West, US
- 2pm East, US

-

Last edited:
Hello, ALL--

• GT3 Club -- October 'CUP' Race #3
    • To sign-up for this event simply 'like' this post so we can get a 'head count' going. thank you!.

GT3 Club Lobby will be open 10/12 @ 11:00am PST(West USA)

----- When is the lobby open where you live?

- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 10/12 @ 3:00pm

- London, UK 10/12 @ 7:00pm

- Munich, Germany 10/12 @ 8:00pm

- Milan, Italy 10/12 @ 8:00pm

- Tokyo, Japan 10/12 @ 3:00am

-- Damage: Heavy
      -- Tire compound change req.
      -- Tires: RM & RH, any order.
      -- 1 hour 'CUP' Race
      -- World circuits: Voting in progress
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Signed-up
    • ahojekk
    • thermite
    • mgfield
    • lewmatic
    • RP892012
    • gibbsgto
    • bambukas
    • Trumpulis*
    • Team-Maseca*
    • poweracer*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All skill & experience levels welcome, add me on PSN to join quickly, public lobby.

PSN ID: gurizzi

thnx & cya on course ! ! !

GT3 CUP Race #3 - Track vote! .....

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt3-cup-race-3-track-vote-public-members.318119/

Last edited:
Back