FIA Manufacturer Cup - what's the best brand to choose

  • Thread starter Thread starter SNAKEMAIO
  • 17 comments
  • 20,619 views
Messages
108
Italy
Italy
Messages
SNAKEMAIO
After the BoP changes introduced with 1.17 patch, what's the best brand to choose for FIA Manufacturer Cup?

After weeks of BMW domination, last two week were Lexus ones...

Now with increased competitiveness of M4 there will be new life for BMW?

Let me know what's the gr4-gr3 couple you think is more competitive now...
 
I like Mercedes fast enough to be competitive, stable and easy to drive but not used by many people so making the 24 race is possible for non-aliens.
 
I like Mercedes fast enough to be competitive, stable and easy to drive but not used by many people so making the 24 race is possible for non-aliens.

I pointed this out last week when the top driver for vw was only a DR/A. Aliens can get into the races easy with the right "Burnley" (not one of the big boys) car.
 
I pointed this out last week when the top driver for vw was only a DR/A. Aliens can get into the races easy with the right "Burnley" (not one of the big boys) car.
Really? top 24 were only DR A drivers last week?

have i understood right?
 
Really? top 24 were only DR A drivers last week?

have i understood right?

Not quite. Still goes on ranking and points
 
I chose toyota last week, the 86 was strong but the FT1 was a bit of a let down for me.

too early to tell how its gonna play this week, obviously the FT1 was strong at blue moon, and with the slightly nerfed 86 I am really going to have to try and qualify well so I don't get held up in the corners.

Toyota is not the strongest pairing IMO but does stand a chance if a proper driver gets in them.
 
For me i have been using Jaguar with no problems.
 
Aston, Honda and Merc have always served me very well, Honda being the real surprise pick. But this week I've swallowed a brave pill and gone for Lamborghini and as soon as I did it I regretted it because of the Gr4 Huracan being 4wd which to me is as bad as FWD cars in GT races. Will be having my first race tonight but not a clue what it is or if it's Gr3 or 4! (Please be Gr3!)
 
I've not dabbled much (actually at all) with the Manufacturers and Nations cup - can anyone shed any light as to how these work and the format?

Are there daily races similar to sport mode?
 
Really? top 24 were only DR A drivers last week?

have i understood right?
No. 22 were DR:S just myself and a plucky little Aston were A's.

A is the minimum allowed to race in the top 24 race and everybody has to be SR:S which I wasn't aware of.
 
I've not dabbled much (actually at all) with the Manufacturers and Nations cup - can anyone shed any light as to how these work and the format?

Are there daily races similar to sport mode?

Reletively yes. Maybe a little longer. Plus 10 minutes of everyone qualifying together.
 
With BOP who cares - just drive the car that you like to drive.
Not so simple... fuel consumption stuff make it different a lot...
For example: i like too much driving BMW M4 but last 2 weeks it was difficult to manage good placememts because less power then in the past (due to power bop reduction) not balancing a fuel compsuntion usually higher then other cars...
 
There is no 'correct' choice.

Largely this, but there are some wrong choices though. Both McLaren's are uncompetitive and choosing Hyundai is social suicide.
 
Largely this, but there are some wrong choices though. Both McLaren's are uncompetitive and choosing Hyundai is social suicide.

Is that because you can't be seen rolling in a hyundai

 
Last edited:
Also picking cars that don't suit your driving style or ones you can't control wouldn't be the smartest idea either. As for fastest I couldn't even guess now with all the BOP changes.
 
I've been rotating manufacturers but usually not the best one for a particular week. So far, I've been able to get into the Top 24 races but going to be a challenge this time with Audi.
 
Back