FIA Penalty Brake Failure Bug

  • Thread starter Thread starter vvise
  • 5 comments
  • 1,345 views
Messages
792
Canada
Canada
This was very clear in the MFG race yesterday. There is some kind of failure where the penalty prevents you from applying the brakes while serving the penalty.

This was happening in the hairpin and it basically writes off the race.

It's probably related to the other known glitch that let's you burn penalties while coasting.



You can see my foot input in the video. I was clearly on the brakes but they don't apply until I hit the wall.
 
I think I know what the issue was. There's a way to glitch the penalty burning, if you like touch the brake pedal very slightly just after or before entering the zone, I don't really know how to glitch this, the game wont slow you down by automatically braking your car, your car will just coast and the penalty will go down. That's exactly what happened.
 
Yes i saw on a few video replays people making up time instead of losing time in the penalty zones . At this point i am neither surprised or shocked.

I am just disapointed that so many got by and are getting by with no word from pd of any fixes or that they even are looking into any of them .
 
Wow, so PD adds a penalty zone in a braking zone, then screws it up by disabling your brakes. PD penalty fixes are always good for a laugh.
 
Yes i saw on a few video replays people making up time instead of losing time in the penalty zones . At this point i am neither surprised or shocked.

I am just disapointed that so many got by and are getting by with no word from pd of any fixes or that they even are looking into any of them .

So, up until the 24th of December I hadn't played GT Sport since August. I discovered this bug in my Tokyo FIA race yesterday which conpletely screwed my race.

I had a 0.866 pentaly to serve and I hit the brakes slightly before the penalty application line hoping to "get in front of the penalty" which kept my car moving forward at speed. It slowly dropped but as I had the brakes already engaged the game didn't recognize that I had the brakes slammed to the floor and allowed me no chance of slowing before going nose first into the wall. I went from 6th to 18th as I recoverd (and then promptly never really recovered from), where I should have just dived into the pits and done a longer tire stint.

I do like the new system but it still has some bugs that I hope they can work out.
 
Back