FIA Point Calculation and Target Finishing Position to Maintain/Gain DR

• Thread starter Cuber Tom
  • 3 comments

Cuber Tom

Premium
England
England
TLDR Fill in the Yellow boxes on the spreadsheet to find your target finishing position.

1. Formula for FIA Points calculation:

Points for race winner = (Average DR x Number of Drivers)/479.2

(the 479.2 was rounded to 1 decimal place, but still calculates within 1 point)

2. Target Finishing Position (FIA races only)

As we can see the points available in FIA races, the average DR can be calculated.

Since we also know the equation for the DR calculation, it's possible to quickly find the target finishing position.

I've made a spreadsheet in which you fill in the yellow boxes and it calculates the position required to maintain DR and the DR gains/losses for every finishing position.

(The spreadsheet only work with 20 driver lobbies at the moment but I plan to fix this at some point)

Attachments

• FIA Points & Target Position.xlsx
    4.7 KB · Views: 48
1. Formula for FIA Points calculation:

Points for race winner = (Average DR x Number of Drivers)/479.2

(the 479.2 was rounded to 1 decimal place, but still calculates within 1 point)

Hmm, strange number. Could it be something like (Total DR of drivers apart from the winner) / 450 ?

Hmm, strange number. Could it be something like (Total DR of drivers apart from the winner) / 450 ?
It is strange number. I suspect the equation is not quite right as the formula breaks down for low average DR. I suspect there is a minimum number of points that a lobby can score, so my equation is missing another constant, which would require the 479.2 to change slightly. eg for an average DR of 1, in a 20 car field the points for the winner my equation gives in 0.04. I suspect in reality the winner would get 19 points.

This would make the equation less accurate as the average DR decreases. I'm probably going to do a bit more work on it, but its hard to get info on the low DR races since people with low DR are less likely to stream their race, which is where I've been getting my data from.

Did you get data from streams or some other source when working on the DR formula?

It is strange number. I suspect the equation is not quite right as the formula breaks down for low average DR. I suspect there is a minimum number of points that a lobby can score, so my equation is missing another constant, which would require the 479.2 to change slightly. eg for an average DR of 1, in a 20 car field the points for the winner my equation gives in 0.04. I suspect in reality the winner would get 19 points.

This would make the equation less accurate as the average DR decreases. I'm probably going to do a bit more work on it, but its hard to get info on the low DR races since people with low DR are less likely to stream their race, which is where I've been getting my data from.

Did you get data from streams or some other source when working on the DR formula?

The other sort of thing to try is maybe: (Total DR of drivers apart from the winner) / 500 + 50
or: (Total DR of drivers apart from the winner) / 500 + 50 * (number of other drivers)
or maybe it's something related to the DR calc, but biased so nobody loses points? That 500 might work as the divisor is familiar!

There must be some fairly simple formula behind it, that works for all of the players in a race. I'd simply spent too much time on the DR to be able to look into the FIA points as well :) Yes, I just watched live streams (about 50 races worth) and plugged the names into K'prime twice to get the data. At the time, not many were FIA races.

Back