2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
I see PD dropped the imaginary(but now there is a real one) Gr.3 Beetle.

Other than that, the Gr.4 Supra should be introduced. Only a few short months before the next game. Just push the button, PD.

Well looking at the line up Mazda TC at Bathurst, GR1 at Le Mans and GR3 at Fuji are the only nations I'm bothered about. The rest look bad to me...the Minis at Goodwood might be fun???
Manufacturers looks interesting, but most are the same IIRK. Still if it aint broke don't fix it. Now what to go for this time round?

This season ends in January, so I don’t see another one happening after this because GT7 will be pretty much around the corner at that point. That being said, I’ll try to do most of these races since it’s likely that this is Sport’s final FIA season.

Also love how there are no rounds on the week of Forza Horizon 5’s early access. How convenient.

Last edited:
Gr.4 at Interlagos with x8 tyres on Christmas day?

This is not a thing I will be doing, thank you. Big fan of Gr.4 at Blue Moon Bay though.
Same race on Boxing day last year. That exhibition season also had BMB, Maggiore, Nurburgring, Big Willow and Dragon Trail!

Some of these combos, damn! My initial reactions...

Nations
N400 @ SSRX - I need to go find a brick to stick on my pedal, my foot is already crying at the thought of this one. :lol:
Gr.4 @ Autopolis Short - Not fond of Autopolis, but could be worse!
Super Formula @ Interlagos - Could be interesting.
German Gr.3 @ Spa - Time for more death at La Source on lap 1, yay grid starts. :ouch:
Gr.B @ Fisherman's Ranch - I'm sorry, WHAT. :scared: :lol:
Mazda Touring Car @ Bathurst - Pretty standard combo.
Gr.1 @ Le Mans - Another standard combo. Probably going to be carnage again!
Gr.2 @ Catalunya - I don't think I've done this before...
Gr.3 @ Fuji - Yet another standard combo.
Mini Cooper '65 @ Goodwood - A grid start and COMFORT TYRES?! Send help.

Manufacturers
Gr.3 @ Dragon Trail Seaside - Standard fare, nice opener to the season.
Gr.4 @ Suzuka - More standard fare.
Gr.3 @ Sardegna C Reverse - I won from P11 last time I did this combo... :D
Gr.4 @ Nordschleife - I nuked myself at Schwedenkreuz the last time I did this. Also grid start?! Lap 1 is going to be chaos.
Gr.4 @ BMB - Don't think I've done a Group 4 oval before! Looks like it's going to be one hell of a tyre shredder though, 15x wear! :eek:
Gr.3 @ Lago Maggiore Reverse - Get ready for death going into the chicane complex!
Gr.3 @ Big Willow - Adjustable settings?! Also oh god. :lol:
Gr.4 @ Interlagos - Probably won't be able to do this one due to being on Christmas Day.
Gr.4 @ Miyabi - Another grid start AND adjustable settings? Are PD setting up for something in GT7...? :odd:
Gr.3 @ Sardegna B - I smell a no-stop sprint on Hards.

Last edited:
I'd assume pretty much everything except power and weight
Ah yes, stupid question really! I've never touched anything below the Brake Balance option on the settings screen before. Not sure i'm happy that we can possibly make adjustments as i have no idea what i'm doing there :lol:

Early warning...The clocks will change soon so don't get caught out with the slot times!! ;)

Last edited:
Ah yes, stupid question really! I've never touched anything below the Brake Balance option on the settings screen before. Not sure i'm happy that we can possibly make adjustments as i have no idea what i'm doing there :lol:
There's always a time trial in game that has tuning if you want to have a dabble, or you can hope for a kind person to share theirs, though for manufacturers you'd have to hope they're in the same car

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo Sport FIA 2021/22 Exhibition Series Starts October 20

The official Gran Turismo Sport FIA Exhibition Series will be starting up again on October 20, allowing players to build their Driver and Sportsmanship ratings and get more experience with the FIA format which looks set to continue into Gran Turismo 7.

My opinion on the upcoming season (format copied and slightly modified from @Zorz)

Nations
N400 @ SSRX - Sure, why not. It gave me my best score last year (and I could've had more...). I love oval racing, but prefer the smaller ovals where you at least need to lift and there's more thought involved than "don't lift, don't crash".

Gr.4 @ Autopolis Short - My favorite version of Autopolis. My 2nd-best score (and only win) of the first official 2021 season was here. :mischievous:

Super Formula @ Interlagos - Cars I despise at a track I don't really like either. I guess I'll still do it if I'm not busy just to try to figure out how to drive these open-wheeled barges...I'm normally really good in high downforce machinery, but I just can't figure out how to not suck in Super Formula. :rolleyes:

German Gr.3 @ Spa - HECK. YES. Probably the round I'm most looking forward to. :cool:

Gr.B @ Fisherman's Ranch - Nah.

Mazda Touring Car @ Bathurst - Nah.

Gr.1 @ Le Mans - Love Gr.1, but I'm mediocre at Le Mans, and I seem to underperform in Gr.1 in FIA no matter the track. I guess I'll do this round, but I'm not expecting much...:indiff:

Gr.2 @ Catalunya - SUPER Nah. :nervous:

Gr.3 @ Fuji - Corvette me please! :mischievous:

Mini Cooper '65 @ Goodwood - Nah.

Manufacturers
Gr.3 @ Dragon Trail Seaside - Avoid dying at the CoD, and this is a very fun track. Great way to start of the season.

Gr.4 @ Suzuka - Not bad; will race.

Gr.3 @ Sardegna C Reverse - YES! I've been waiting for this combo to reappear. I love Gr.3 at short tracks! :)

Gr.4 @ Nordschleife - Love the track, but I'm slow at it. Might attempt it just to have a "back up" score if other rounds don't go to plan...

Gr.4 @ BMB - FINALLY PD makes use of the Gr.4 oval BoP they've had in the game since the beginning. This is the race I'm looking forward to the most.:):cool: RIP anyone driving anything that isn't RWD with that 15x wear...

Gr.3 @ Lago Maggiore Reverse - Nah.

Gr.3 @ Big Willow - SUPER Nah. :nervous:

Gr.4 @ Interlagos - Nah.

Gr.4 @ Miyabi - Another race I'm massively looking forward to. Once again, RIP to the FFs; that grid start is going to put them all at the back... :lol:

Gr.3 @ Sardegna B - Nah.

Fisherman's Ranch is going to be glorious chaos :lol: Given that this is likely the last season (less than 8 weeks between the last race and GT7's release), I'm a bit disappointed that PD doesn't go all guns blazing and put Northern Isle, BB Raceway, Willow Horse Thief and St Croissant, but you can't have everything I suppose :P

The adjustable tuning races, from experience, doesn't really do much to shake up the running order. Just grab one from any of the tuning garages here and adjust the gearbox to suit the track.

Sad to see that there's no NX00 free car choice event. And no, SSRX doesn't count. It is stupid fun, yes, but it's too monotonous and somehow I always end up spinning violently into the pit lane.

Last edited:
SSRX is fun on paper but in practice it throws out the points balance for the season and theres no overtaking if people know what they're doing

Last edited:
Hi! So probably its last FIA's in GTS:( I decided to go with Mitsubishi, gr4 Lancer sucks in my opinion(like every 4WD and FF) but gr3 is fun to drive.. BTW today Im going to do some practice for 1st round Manu, if anybody wants to practice together feel free to join:) lobby only for friends so send me FR, around 19:00 polish time

Schedule tables for this Exhibition Series (with a couple extra columns)

Summary
21 22 Exhibition Series Summary D.png

Nations
21 22 Exhibition Series Nations D.png

Manufacturers
21 22 Exhibition Series Manu D.png

Attachments

• 21 22 Exhibition Series Manu L.png
    21 22 Exhibition Series Manu L.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 21 22 Exhibition Series Nations L.png
    21 22 Exhibition Series Nations L.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 21 22 Exhibition Series Summary L.png
    21 22 Exhibition Series Summary L.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 12
there are much races with adjustable settings. At least three I saw. I will take a ride for Death Chicane, Suzuka and Nordschleife in Manu with a Mcclaren. Never drove this car before, but it was much fun the last two weeks.
I think I won't do any Nations Cup race, maybe just the German GT3 Fight at Spa.

Who are you all signing for this last season? I think I'll go with Alfa Romeo, the Gr.3 car is super fun to drive and it's beautiful to look at!
Each time I don't pick Chevy and then I end up using the corvette more than anything else in the daily's. So Definitely Chevy this time round, for the last time round?

I used the Ferrari just recently and enjoyed some races but man is it squirrelly on a lot of tracks.

Mostly I chose Ford before on my main account. on the second I used to choose some mainstreams manufacturers. Last two seasons Porsche and Mercedes.

So Definitely Chevy this time round, for the last time round?
Definitively the last time for a season in GT Sport. I think they won‘t support FIA racing after 4th March.
Think they choose March as release for starting first Exhibition Series in April or May for having the first World Tour events in summer.

After ditching the 2021 main season during the first half and then vanishing for 5 months due to real life stuff, I'm back for the (final?) exhibition season. Long story short, mental health is important. Something that should be fun can end up making things more stressful when you don't take enough time for yourself!

I've signed for Hyundai this time as it's another manufacturer I've never tried.

1634311615899.png

Whilst I was away, I've been experimenting with Inkscape to see if I can convert images into SVGs and I think I'm getting the hang of it. So for this season, I've made some Enter the Gungeon liveries. :P

1634312034860.png

Not sure whether this will be a good choice. They seem pretty average at everything, will have to see!

I did some testing, Green Hell 2 laps GR4 best time and OPT. Viper was a clear winner. Slowest lap beat everyones fastest and only 2 OPT times beat it's fastest. So I then tried a few contenders GR3s on DTS and didn't see much difference in anything except what felt good. So going to try Dodge for a change.

Just started playing a month ago, just gonna do races as I like a scheduled time/direction for playing so this is nice. Any recommendations for beginner-friendly/easy-ish to drive manufacturers?

Back