FIA Races. Why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Meggle
  • 28 comments
  • 1,841 views
Messages
111
United States
United States
These Races are different but you get one chance. They are fun to qualify then race, like our league races, but what is the point in having them for non S S racers? Could the non S S racers have them more than once in the day. This would add to the game and give us ordinary drivers more practice. Presently people get desperate and dive bomb etc. because it is only once a day, IMHO.
Thoughts?
 
These Races are different but you get one chance. They are fun to qualify then race, like our league races, but what is the point in having them for non S S racers? Could the non S S racers have them more than once in the day. This would add to the game and give us ordinary drivers more practice. Presently people get desperate and dive bomb etc. because it is only once a day, IMHO.
Thoughts?
I think that's what the daily races are for. You can enter those as many times as you like. I've done much better on my second or 3rd attempt on some tracks...other tracks I avoid like the plague it's just carnage until you get to be either a more confident/faster driver :cheers:
 
Im not too sure really, it seemed fun when I actually started playing GT, but now it just seems like a worse version of daily race C, except you waste way more time. There are 10 min qualifications, with the out lap, on certain tracks you will only be able to make 2-3 laps, most of the time you will have to let everyone pass you otherwise they might ruin your lap time. Theres like 2 minutes warm up, then presentation for another minute, then some connections, the real race time is about the same as waiting and qualifications combined. You earn some points, but does it really matter if you are 4000th or 5000th? (I am a B driver). I have also noticed that since I got my sr S i get matched up with A and C drivers, so I get people way faster than me and and slower, most of time times I am having a boring 7-10th place race. Finally, I personally prefer races with pit stops, tyre wear etc, makes the race more strategic and less predictable. Altough, I imagine FIA races might be the highlight of they day, as it was for me.
 
Agree. Presently you can practice for the FIA, qualify well, top 3, and it takes one person to punt you off in the first couple of laps. Maybe by accident only because they think this is their one chance. The rest of the race you are down the end being careful not to spoil others race, thinking about the time you put in for a race you can enter once and even if you win where are the leader boards for BS and BA racers? Seems they could let us non SS players at least enter the five races and then count you best result. OR A get two races, B get 3, etc.
 
but what is the point in having them for non S S racers? Could the non S S racers have them more than once in the day.
FIA nation/manufacturer races is one of the best ways to increase SR for non DR S/SR S drivers, since you get SR influence in qualifying as well, the longer race sessions are better for DR/SR health.
 
FIA nation/manufacturer races is one of the best ways to increase SR for non DR S/SR S drivers, since you get SR influence in qualifying as well, the longer race sessions are better for DR/SR health.
I take your point but the opposite happens when you are punted because ordinary racers get desperate.
 
These Races are different but you get one chance. They are fun to qualify then race, like our league races, but what is the point in having them for non S S racers? Could the non S S racers have them more than once in the day. This would add to the game and give us ordinary drivers more practice. Presently people get desperate and dive bomb etc. because it is only once a day, IMHO.
Thoughts?
Isn't there 6 or 7 rounds, but only the best 3 results count?

As for S/S drivers, sometimes in life we need to accept that other people are better.
And the top of the field get to win the prizes.
It's no different to any other aspect in life.
I'm not sure what else you expect to happen.
 
The only reason why I want more than one chance because 4/6 races I KEEP 🤬 DISCONNECTING

For the qualifying sessions I always wait out the majority to come out. Those who are smart enough to not go out within the first 30 seconds would slow down themselves during the outlap so you can have your own space (and his own) should you two go out at the same time. In the actual race there's some crackhead or two who would divebomb like a JU-87 but I haven't encountered so many that it becomes a problem for me

I do agree with the lack of pit strategies though. Most of the time in long races the dust would settle and there'd be basically no overtakes at the latter half of the race. A simple pit stop like what Race C does is all it needs to spice things up in the FIA races.
 
Isn't there 6 or 7 rounds, but only the best 3 results count?

As for S/S drivers, sometimes in life we need to accept that other people are better.
And the top of the field get to win the prizes.
It's no different to any other aspect in life.
I'm not sure what else you expect to happen.

I just dont think theres any incentive to actually earn those points if you are not S S, I would be much better if there was some kind of divisions (you get promoted/demoted) after a season, you would compare yourself against people in your division etc, theres many ways to make this game mode more fun for less skilled players.
 
I just dont think theres any incentive to actually earn those points if you are not S S, I would be much better if there was some kind of divisions (you get promoted/demoted) after a season, you would compare yourself against people in your division etc, theres many ways to make this game mode more fun for less skilled players.
That's a good call.

I recall certain grades/classes/divisions (call them what you will) mentioned in earlier news about the game.

Perhaps we need to keep in mind these are still being called "Test Seasons".
So maybe things along those lines will happen later.
 
Isn't there 6 or 7 rounds, but only the best 3 results count?

As for S/S drivers, sometimes in life we need to accept that other people are better.
And the top of the field get to win the prizes.
It's no different to any other aspect in life.
I'm not sure what else you expect to happen.
I suppose I don't expect anything to change.
I support the FIA involvement and understand why they wish to be involved. I just think the current format for non SS racers could be better.
 
I suppose I don't expect anything to change.
I support the FIA involvement and understand why they wish to be involved. I just think the current format for non SS racers could be better.
Yep, I think I know where you are coming from now.

Perhaps we need to wait and see.
Hopefully there is more involved than just simply looking for the ultimate "number 1".
 
Yep, I think I know where you are coming from now.

Perhaps we need to wait and see.
Hopefully there is more involved than just simply looking for the ultimate "number 1".
Agree. I think I will wait and see if something changes before I get involved in these races again. I am a little detail-oriented and therefore spending too much time preparing for them and ending up discouraged
 
For the qualifying sessions I always wait out the majority to come out. Those who are smart enough to not go out within the first 30 seconds would slow down themselves during the outlap so you can have your own space (and his own) should you two go out at the same time.
The problem with staying behind and on your own is that you will loose time due to not being able to draft. Usually the guys who go out as soon as possible are always the ones in the top positions.
I do like the qualifying mode but imho it should be with the other drivers on track ghosted
 
The problem with staying behind and on your own is that you will loose time due to not being able to draft. Usually the guys who go out as soon as possible are always the ones in the top positions.
I do like the qualifying mode but imho it should be with the other drivers on track ghosted
Yeah, you do miss out on that extra speed on the straights. But sometimes (especially if D-C rank drivers get into the fray) having a safer lap would help
 
Qualifying can be challenging. I do like the challenge and at least when you come out and how u make space is your choice.
 
At least the qualifying is more interesting than for daily races. Yet the presentation stage got old real fast, the practice isn't necessary and the race itself is too short. I'll join one again when it's Nurb 24, yet that won't happen as you can't qualify with only 10 minutes and an out lap :)

It would be interesting if qualifying for daily races put you on the track with other cars and you could only try for the time between races. PD just needs to fix the unnecessary reloading of the same track over and over and smoothly let you back on the track after the race finishes.
 
We are up to week 11 of the "testing". Does anyone know what they are "testing" for?
 
These Races are different but you get one chance. They are fun to qualify then race, like our league races, but what is the point in having them for non S S racers? Could the non S S racers have them more than once in the day. This would add to the game and give us ordinary drivers more practice. Presently people get desperate and dive bomb etc. because it is only once a day, IMHO.
Thoughts?
The point is that they're supposed to be special. Races that happen just once a day, and which generally throw up some quite close racing. People get desperate, they get in each other's way, and so they have to come up with new strategies in qualifying and the race. And if things go wrong, then only your best races of the season count anyway.

I'm quite enjoying these test seasons, and I like that PD keep changing things around a little bit, trying to find the best format before the real thing starts.
 
We are up to week 11 of the "testing". Does anyone know what they are "testing" for?

They are testing our patience!

Btw why did they make the races shorter. The early test races were longer I think. There hardly was time in between the 6:00 and 7:10 race to get a bit of practice in. I tried one again recently at it seemed the same as a daily C race. Not worth all the fluff before it finally starts.
 
We are up to week 11 of the "testing". Does anyone know what they are "testing" for?

The only change they did on these 11 seasons was adding the 24 Superstars race.

Other than that, we are racing the same races since november.

And somehow the blue screen of deaths are getting more usual than ever. I got 3 of them in 5 days last week. Decided to take a break from it because of that, my DR was getting destroyed. I'll try again after this week's update.
 
They're about the only thing keeping me interested in GT right now. There's only so many times daily races on the same tracks with two categories of car will remain interesting.
 
They're about the only thing keeping me interested in GT right now. There's only so many times daily races on the same tracks with two categories of car will remain interesting.
I am glad you like them and it keeps you interested, it is not that i don't like them. It just seems a lot of effort for me (to satisfy my preparation) to only have one (relatively} short race. When we could have more as why does it matter about points for us average drivers, we are not going for number 1.
Particularly when the driving seems over aggressive for the capabilities of the ordinary drivers and therefore more accidents then you get in the normal dailies.
 
TL,DR; I don't think being slow makes you crash into people, there may be correlation but it's not causation, so I don't agree that lower DR's should have multiple races in the FIA part of Sport Mode.


Long version:

I don't really get the connection between slower drivers and dirty drivers. Just because you're DR-D/C/whatever doesn't mean you can't run behind someone without punting them off.
If you regularly punt people off, brake earlier and lighter than the car in-front, increasing brake pressure as they slow further so you don't clean them out.
If someone overtakes you on the inside while you were doing this (happens to me a lot) let them go and know you probably should of been covering the inside. If you can run through the next bend side-by-side do it, but know it's risky and they may not give room (may not be a clean driver).

Try and get your nose at least 50% past before attempting to out-brake someone unless you trust them. (if they cut you up, and you're over half way past on the inside, you'll win)
Use radar
Give space to someone going for the inside (what exactly would cutting them up achieve if they've committed? They may just fly by having outbraked themselves, for you to just cut back, cutting them up would of ended your race.)
If you really don't want them to try it, cover the inside, but then you run the risk of being passed on corner exit (these decisions are part of the fun of racing :D) or punted off (annoying)

And the main thing to remember with Sport Mode is not winning is fine. I haven't won a daily in weeks, 50% through DR:A.

I know there will be people that just don't take it very seriously, and wiping out half the field is just a laugh (not in a dirty troll way, but, it may be they just have a very casual approach to it), "oops haha". But I know to some people it's more serious, and when you're really trying and someone "oops, haha"'s into you it can be extremely annoying. Best thing you can do is just keep on trucking, keep trying and the good races will come, especially as the game ages, the more casual people will either get better or stop I think.
 
Very good post ! I can only add that racing for 7th-10th place can be just as rewarding and excited as riding Up front. For me its not about winning and achieving that since I am not that good. But I have all the fun because of the points you mentioned here as a serious driver.
 
I pretty much just do the FIA events. I like them because of the format. Having to qualify in a short time right before the race usually weeds out the guys who put down 1 miracle lap out of 50 for the dailies, but can’t maintain a consistent pace within 3-4 seconds of that Q time.

The dailies probably wouldn’t be such a mess most of the time if you had to run a 3 lap qualifying session before each race.

You should also have to qualify separately with each car.
 
I pretty much just do the FIA events. I like them because of the format. Having to qualify in a short time right before the race usually weeds out the guys who put down 1 miracle lap out of 50 for the dailies, but can’t maintain a consistent pace within 3-4 seconds of that Q time.

The dailies probably wouldn’t be such a mess most of the time if you had to run a 3 lap qualifying session before each race.

You should also have to qualify separately with each car.
You just described what i do. 50 laps to post good qualify lap....... :dopey: (and the penny drops) lol.
I find the dailies are much cleaner than the fia races. To me the dailies are a lot less serious and if they get dirty you can wash,rinse and repeat.
 
maybe if it had unlimited qualifying during the day(e.g. for one or two hours before the first race), with live timing and after that the races with the format they are now.
Also, have anyone heard anything about LMP1 races that will come in the future under Sport mode?
 
Back