Sweden
SMH1989
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Powertrain: 1568 cc , Inline-4 , DOHC , Twin Weber carbureotrs , 95 hp / 6000 rpm , 133 Nm / 4000 rpm , 4-speed manual

Dimensions: Length 4030 mm , Width 1520 mm , Height 1300 mm , Weight ~1100 kg

Performance: Top speed ~175 km/h , 0-100 km/h ~12,4 sec

Information: The Fiat 1600S with O.S.C.A.S twin cam engine was introduced at the Torino Motorshow in the autumn of 1962 where it got praise for it's elegance , high quality of manufacturing and it's beautiful split rear window design. It's has it's base on the new Fiat 1600s chassis but the body had Fissore constructed and handcrafted in steel and light alloy and the car had disc brakes on all for wheels. Thanks to the big window parties the interior was bright and at the drivers side we can see a steering wheel from Nardi and beautiful instruments from Jaeger and for the passenger there was a footrest, just like a Ferrari!

Other suggestions of Fiat
8V Ghia Supersonic '53 , 1100 Stanguellini Berlinetta '53 , 1100 TV '54 , 1900B Gran Luce '56 , 750 Allemano Spider '59 , Abarth Monomille '61 , Abarth OT 1300 '68 , 125 Special Berlina '69 , 127 Berlina 2-porte '71 , 128 1300SL Sport Coupe '71 , 124 1800 Sport Spider '74 , Tipo 2.0 i.e. 16v '93 , Cinquecento Sporting Abarth '98 , Bravo 2.0 Multijet 165 Sporting'15

Last edited:
...That's one helluva nice ass. Voted.
Hehe, yes, it's , but I like the whole car, the design on the air intake on the front fenders is nice too :) The split rear window was dropped in the middle of 1963 so the car on the picture was an early car from 1963.

Hope I did this right. I don't agree with a previous posting that the split rear window was done away with on later models. John de Boer, in the Italian Car Registry, says mine was made on 3.8.63 and there were only 5 more made after it, the last one being on 2.3.64. Why would Fissore change the rear window for so few cars? How would they build such a large rear window without the stay, which the Fissore book says was there for strengthening the structure. The Fissore book also says that the updates for the "second series" (if you can have such a thing with only 24 made) were the change from egg crate grille to horizontal bars and the insertion of 2 extra front lights. Mine has both those. Sadly, I have to say that the vents behind the front wheels are not functional - they are blank.

Hope I did this right. I don't agree with a previous posting that the split rear window was done away with on later models. John de Boer, in the Italian Car Registry, says mine was made on 3.8.63 and there were only 5 more made after it, the last one being on 2.3.64. Why would Fissore change the rear window for so few cars? How would they build such a large rear window without the stay, which the Fissore book says was there for strengthening the structure. The Fissore book also says that the updates for the "second series" (if you can have such a thing with only 24 made) were the change from egg crate grille to horizontal bars and the insertion of 2 extra front lights. Mine has both those. Sadly, I have to say that the vents behind the front wheels are not functional - they are blank.
The picture was right added.
I dont remember were I took the information from so it may be wrong.

Back