Fiat 500 Fun Run [61 cars, 2 originals!]

  • Thread starter Thread starter Moglet
  • 7 comments
  • 4,284 views

Moglet

Gendertrash
Premium
Messages
12,981
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Messages
Moglet85
Messages
Moglet
This weekend saw the Fiat 500 Fun Run take place on the Isle of Wight, organised by Harwoods Fiat. 61 (IIRC) cars turned up at the end, including 2 original 500s and 1 of only 200 Ferrari Fiat 500s!

It was an awesome day and an amazing weekend, the sun shone brightly for my entire stay and everyone really enjoyed themselves. I hope they do it again next year! Even the Islanders seemed to enjoy it, giving us waves and stopping to ask what was going on.

Here are some of my photos from the day, first up though, an image of all of the cars at the end in full size. The image only shows 1 of the 3 rows of cars! Click the thumbnail below to see it;



run1.jpg

run2.jpg

run3r.jpg

run4.jpg

run5u.jpg

run6.jpg

run7.jpg

run8.jpg

run9.jpg

run10.jpg

run11.jpg

run12.jpg

run14.jpg

run15.jpg

run16.jpg

run17.jpg

run18.jpg

run20.jpg

run190.jpg
 
I hope they bring these to the U.S. eventually. I think they would sell better than a Smart Car and they are a lot nicer than a lot of competing cars.
 

Awesome.


Awesomer.

That's a great photo of the guy in the old 500. Having the owner in the shot makes for a much more characterful photo. And that black new 500 looks fantastic.

I saw a new 500 Abarth the other day but was driving so missed out on a photo. I'll have to keep my eye out to see if it parks where I saw it regularly. It looked brilliant.
 
Thanks for the feedback guys!
homeforsummer, the guy who owned that old 500 was a really cool guy! He came and had a chat with us all about the new cars, he's an Italian man who has owned that car from new.

As for the black 500, it does look awesome. He was getting a lot of questions about it and a lot of photos were being taken on the fun run, not to mention how quick it was through the corners. Only 100bhp but it was cornering and accelerating like a go-kart! It's made me want some chunky five spokes on my car too, I didn't think it would suit them but I think they really work well.

I'd have them in black on my car though 👍
 
If you got black chunky five-spokes I reckon you should get a black racing stripe in the same style as that guy's red one. Would look brilliant.
 
I've been considering some form of vinyl for a while actually, mainly having the half of my roof that's white finished in a chequered pattern. The side stripe on it's own is £70 for both sides though!

I'm torn between going for chunky black 5 spokes and a 'sportier' look or a smoooooth euro style look. Whatever choice I make, it'll have to wait until I can afford it!

EDIT: Image of the roof graphics and the side stripe;
lg01_220.jpg


It certainly looks more manly anyway!
 
Last edited:
I think my personal choice would be something retro (as you've seen in the wheels thread for your car) but given the choice of race-style and Euro smooth I'd pick a race style every time.
 
I've decided against euro style as it would mean I wouldn't be able to get to work! Too many speed bumps!
 
Back