Fiat 500 Racing League: First Race 6/14 at Motegi EastOpen 

• Thread starter KM964
  • 10 comments
United States
DFW Area
KM964007
KM9644
2m31k5k.jpg

Do you have what it takes to master this Italian hatch?

Welcome to the Fiat 500 Racing League. This league, as explained, is solely for the normal 2008 Fiat 500, a modern iteration of an icon. I am KM964, the series host, and hope to have a fun time with entrants on the track. After spending three days in a 500 Sport in real life, I got the idea to create this league so others can enjoy the 500 in GT6 as much as I do. The car is just so relaxing to drive, and it's something different to see on the track. From my experience, this car seems underappreciated.

Cars

Obviously, this league is for the Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08. We tried to have it where we would have both the normal version and the Abarth 500 in the same series, but unfortunately the Abarth left the normal one in the dust, even with less power and a similar tune.

Schedule

We will be running 12 races, each will be about 50 miles in length. The rooms will go up at 7:30pm EST every Saturday night. There will be qualifying, and once that is done, the race will start. Full list of tracks:
  • Motegi East, 23 laps, 6/14​
  • Eiger Nordwand (Reverse), 33 laps, 6/21​
  • Silverstone National, 30 laps, 6/28​
  • Trial Mountain, 20 laps, 7/5​
  • Suzuka East, 36 laps, 7/12​
  • Circuito di Roma, 23 laps, 7/19​
  • Streets of Willow Springs, 30 laps, 7/26​
  • Brands Hatch GP, 20 laps, 8/2​
  • Deep Forest, 22 laps, 8/9​
  • Cote d'Azur, 24 laps, 8/16​
  • Clubman Stage Route 5, 32 laps, 8/23​
  • Tsukuba, 40 laps, 8/30​
Entrants

The person's GTP screenname will be posted first, followed by their PSN name. If you intend to sign up, please post your PSN name below

@KM964, series host. KevinRachel2009
@ZDUPH, JeepXJFreak98
@soloaded, soloaded
@coxbox, coxbox

Rules

In addition to the GTP OLR rules, these rules are expected to be followed.

1. Keep it clean. We are going for a realistic racing league. Dirty racing will not be tolerated, and will result in suspension.

2. No AIDs, except ABS.

3. DualShock 3 controllers will be the ONLY acceptable controller. Absolutely no wheels.

4. We will have practice sessions weekly. We will usually post what day we will have the session in the thread.

5. Voice chat will be disabled.

6. No profanity in the in-game chat.

7. The races will be about 50 miles in length.

8. Fuel and tire wear will be on, so pit stops will be needed. One pit stop will be mandatory, any others will be allowed as the driver needs them.

9. Don’t cut corners. Stay on the track at all times unless you mess up your line or something like that.

10. There will be qualifying to determine the grid.

11. When painting your car, please refrain from using anything too wild, such as chrome.

12. Races will be held at 8pm EST every Saturday night.

13. Please register your PSN with us, so we know who to expect in the room.

14. There will be one tune handed out to everyone. Do not alter this tune in any way. This is to create a level playing field solely based on driving skill. The tune can be found in the attached rules Word document. If you cannot view the document, please send me a private message.

Link to Word document: http://www.sendspace.com/file/lazjwu

Cannot agree more, if you want some fun with low hp cars which are great to drive, this is for you. GT6 is not all about Supercars and GT and LMP cars. We are looking for drivers of any skill level, these cars are so easy to drive. If you would like to sign up, please leave you PSN name below.

FIAT-500-Racing.jpg

Me and @ZDUPH ran a test race today on Motegi East to get more familiar with the car and how the qualifying system works (I had never used it). It was a good race but I ended up being the victor thanks to pit strategy. Gotta say, this car was a load of fun on this course.

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_2 by WGH Automotive Photography, on Flickr

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_3 by WGH Automotive Photography, on Flickr

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_5 by WGH Automotive Photography, on Flickr

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_6 by WGH Automotive Photography, on Flickr

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_7 by WGH Automotive Photography, on Flickr

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_9 by WGH Automotive Photography, on Flickr

This sounds like fun. Except for the no wheel thing. Forgot about that before I posted. Don't sign me up.

Back