Fiat 500 Riffelsee Rollercoaster Challenge

Australia
Sydney
snakebacon97
Here are the rules for this fun and silly challenge. Attempt a time trial lap of Matterhorn Riffelsee in a stock Fiat 500F '68. That's all you've got to do! TCS and Automatic gearboxes will slow you down, so do away with those.
A good target time to aim for is anything below 4:40.000

Troubleshooting buttons below, if you can't figure out how to do this yourself.
Well, no. Your car will not have enough power to climb straight up such a steep incline, the trick is to stay in first and climb diagonally, in a wide, gentle sharp zig-zag across the road, like you would in real life, climbing a very steep hill.
Sure, no problem. The trick is to briefly engage the handbrake to slip out of gear, you'll know you've done it right when you're idling and whooshing down that mountain at over 130km/h

Last edited:
Dude, we ought to establish a club for this kind of driving. I do similar scenarios for personal enrichment. I like to limit kubelwagon power to 50% and perform the same challenge (yes you may set to 50% if you're a problem solver), only I do so with a G27 which allows selecting neutral easy. Perhaps Other interested parties could coalesce into a series. I believe to be a seven hour differential to your time zone. Thank you for posting.

Dude, we ought to establish a club for this kind of driving. I do similar scenarios for personal enrichment. I like to limit kubelwagon power to 50% and perform the same challenge (yes you may set to 50% if you're a problem solver), only I do so with a G27 which allows selecting neutral easy. Perhaps Other interested parties could coalesce into a series. I believe to be a seven hour differential to your time zone. Thank you for posting.

I thought you could only set cars with at least 100bhp with a power limiter. That was how it was in GT5 anyway.

Great question, try adding power parts to meet or exceed 100HP; then set limiter to 50%. Finally remove all power parts resulting in a torque rich/ HP poor secret setup, Enjoy.
Oh yeah I forgot between 51-99 HP partial power limiter is available.

4:24.490

The trick is to do very tight zig-zag turns up the hill, you'd want the engine to run at peak power RPM throughout the climb, so even though you'd be travelling a longer distance you will be quicker up the hill

zigzag.png

^ The path on the right will be faster than the path on the left

Last edited:
4:24.490

The trick is to do very tight zig-zag turns up the hill, you'd want the engine to run at peak power RPM throughout the climb, so even though you'd be travelling a longer distance you will be quicker up the hill

View attachment 349917
^ The path on the right will be faster than the path on the left

Nice! I guess my line was like the one on the left lol.

I only completed 2 laps before I found the climb a chore so I don't think this sort of challenge is for me lol. It's always good to see people thinking outside the box though :)

Nice! I guess my line was like the one on the left lol.

I only completed 2 laps before I found the climb a chore so I don't think this sort of challenge is for me lol. It's always good to see people thinking outside the box though :)

It is a bit of a chore, but the downhill part is fun :)

I do heavy commercial driving in a mountainous region; I've had deliveries up mountain slopes not intended for heavy trucks. My cup of tea for sure. Last month I had to take a few pallets up the fifth steepest street on earth, 454 screaming laying a wave length half a mile an hour; hoping she would not stall. Good thing General Motors does not scrimp on sack.

Can anybody get lower than 7hp?

Would the engine depreciate over time to 6hp? (I didn't change oil)
Possibly, after at least 10,000km you might get down to 6. Probably not though, since the total deterioration possible (that we know of) is only 10%.

Last edited:
Me and a few friends did this for an hour or 2 just fooling around, the best we got was 4:28. I'm pretty proud to say I set that lap but I was also on a G27 which helps quite a bit. I want to thank you for thinking up something like this, we had a blast! :D

Back