Fields of Flowers - A (Ended) New Story

• Thread starter Ryou
  • 15 comments
United States
United States
Fields of Flowers is the sequel to the rather popular prequel known as Shizukana Kaze, which the link for can be obtained below. The story follows on with 19 year old Tsukio Yohama and his father in the town of Ahrweiler, Germany, and the road to their goals.

Book 1 - Shizukana Kaze

Table of Contents:

Prologue

Prologue

January 14th, 2012

I awoke to see the sun shining brightly through the window of my bedroom. Pulling off the covers, I got out and stretched. I walked over to my window and closed the curtains, unsure why I had left them open. The horns of cars outside whistled throughout the atmosphere as I got dressed, and went downstairs for a cup of coffee. As I opened my door, I could still hear my father snoring in his sleep. Ignoring that, I shut my door and walked downstairs to turn on the TV and fix myself a drink. I turned on the television and walked over to the kitchen to turn on the coffee maker and make myself a drink. I opened the cabinets to find it, and then I finally had. I was still getting used to the new setup, though we have been here for about 3 months now. After awhile, my coffee was finished, and I grabbed it to take a look at the news from around Germany. Once I sat down, my father had come downstairs to greet me.
"Hello, "Tsukio".."
"Hi.."
He came over to sit with me on the couch and watched the news with me.
"So, how is everything?", he asked.
"It's all fine.. The place we live."
"Oh, that's good.", he said as he looked around. "Glad it fits well."
"Yeah.."
"Well, how about we go to the store later? Grab a few more things.."
"Sure."
"Alright, well. Finish up that coffee and get dressed. I'll be ready when you are."
"Okay.", I said to him as he walked away.
I turned my head to look back at the Television, and continued watching. Apparently, there was news about a famous track known as "The 'Ring"..

Last edited:
TBH, I would've liked a longer intro, but it's still a good start.

I didn't have much time before I had to go to sleep. :lol: Who said it had to be long to be as visual as a longer length? I would also like to admit that pictures might be limited, from now on. Yes, I know you all love them, but they are honestly my main reason for the huge delays. I can write much faster without them, and can't you all visualize most in your heads? :)

You just have to give me the location, car, and sequence of events.

I can visualize from there.

And... If you really need help with photos, I'm available.

It's not that I need people. The photo-taking part is not such a long process that it is a pain in the arse. Especially linking the pictures all the time.

I do not mean to disappoint anyone, but it must be said that I have lost my interest in Gran Turismo 5. Posting will definitely be with less pictures, or chapters will be released at a slower pace. It is a choice for all of you to decide. Thank you.

That's too bad, Ryou. If there's enough support though, your "fans" can get the photos. But in a sense it is possible to continue on without GT5.
Was actually gonna post here first :P

Last edited:
I do not mean to disappoint anyone, but it must be said that I have lost my interest in Gran Turismo 5. Posting will definitely be with less pictures, or chapters will be released at a slower pace. It is a choice for all of you to decide. Thank you.

Use GT4 instead, the photos go a lot faster.

Oh, no. It is not just that. I'm beginning to lose my encouragement with racing in the storyline. I feel it's not going how I wanted. It's probably about time I admitted that it never was supposed to be a racing story. It was originally an extended story of a short story I wrote once on a boring day. I didn't have anywhere trusted to post it, and this being the only forum I was on with experience of writing, I had to add racing in it to fit for the general audience. Now, as I have gotten this far, I am bored of it. I feel the story is going more off-track than the original set plan. At that point of removing the racing part, I wouldn't have anywhere else to post it, as this part of the forum is for GT5 race reports only.

I do sincerely apologize, as I know many of you might be disappointed, but the truth must be told. I can not disguise it anymore.

Last edited:
There is a fanfiction section of the forum, you do realize that?

You can just write and post in in there if you'd like.

^

There is? :embarrassed:

For me personally, I wouldn't mind you swapping the story structure to something else rather than be race-based (or use GT5). Perhaps have your imagination do that instead. It may or may not generate a lot of readers, but at least it's better than to keep writing without motivation.

Well, I will declare this as an end. If you would like a continuation, perhaps you could imagine the rest in your mind if you wanted. I have made it far, and have at least made it through one "book" with some support. Thank you to those who have supported/inspired me, and "You're Welcome" to those who I inspired, though I'm sure it's only a very small few.

It's been nice writing for you all.

If any of you are actually interested (which I doubt you really are) in continuing with the story, I have created a new website for all of my work. For those interested, the story will be up soon. Thank you all, once again.

Back