- 24
- gentletiger
Hi
I just wasted 1.5 hours troubleshooting a new install of GT5 on a new slim console I purchased to replace my YLOD 60 GB model. All save games lost.
Problem:
Put GT5 in new console and game starts but no title screen or install screen. Can not get to PS3 menu. Appears frozen until you hit eject. System will then boot back to operating system.
Problem determination:
-tried other games (God of war 3 and Demon Souls) .. both loaded and updated
-Tried disconnecting from PSN network (still stuck after update)
-checked update under saved data and it was marked January 2010.
Fixes:
(1) The new slim console had a date of January 2010 because internet time/date update was not set. Fixed this.
(2) Shut off auto run game. This gave me the opportunity to run the 1.0.5 patch.
(3) Deleted the 1.0.5 patch marked January 2010. Then re-loaded it with correct system date.
Game now installed. Note that I am assuming that because the date was wrong in the system that there was some sort of software protections in the game so it could not be run before the production date.
I just wasted 1.5 hours troubleshooting a new install of GT5 on a new slim console I purchased to replace my YLOD 60 GB model. All save games lost.
Problem:
Put GT5 in new console and game starts but no title screen or install screen. Can not get to PS3 menu. Appears frozen until you hit eject. System will then boot back to operating system.
Problem determination:
-tried other games (God of war 3 and Demon Souls) .. both loaded and updated
-Tried disconnecting from PSN network (still stuck after update)
-checked update under saved data and it was marked January 2010.
Fixes:
(1) The new slim console had a date of January 2010 because internet time/date update was not set. Fixed this.
(2) Shut off auto run game. This gave me the opportunity to run the 1.0.5 patch.
(3) Deleted the 1.0.5 patch marked January 2010. Then re-loaded it with correct system date.
Game now installed. Note that I am assuming that because the date was wrong in the system that there was some sort of software protections in the game so it could not be run before the production date.