Fiji 1000km (unheartning defeat)

Mercedes CLK

(Banned)
Okay, so this was a 1 point race (you'll see why0

Starting Grid:
1-Dodge Viper Team Oreca
2-Chevrolette Corvette race car (i forgot the real name)
3-Mazda 787B
4-BMW (the white one with DELL on it)
5-Peugot 905
6-Nissan R89C

Laps 1-10
Off to a good start. my car acts pretty well around the corners. starts breaking away after lap 9. cut through the grass a few times to ensure lead

Laps 11-30

had to pit on lap 28. very unnerving. Mazda 787B closing +1 lap gap. starts in b-spec mode

Laps 31-100

Mazda comes within 3 seconds of passing me. had to pit 5 more times.

Laps 100-200

all in b-spec mode. had to pit 4 more times. by lap 190, mazea 787B was 10 seconds ahead of me. set teh speed to 5

Lap 201

mazda 787B still on lead lap. a lap ahead of me. i was close to having to make another pit stop

so i stopped the race. my R89C chewed through tires like termites through wood. had i had played in a-spec mode again, i could have closed that gap.

Yeah, Bob's useless as a driver. And by the way, the Vette is called C5.R and the BMW, V12 LMR.

Anyway, im sorry for your defeat, but i just wanted to tell you you've made some catastrophic mistakes (so you can fix 'em :sly:). The Car-The Driver-The Strategy. You've picked a car with a lot of power that shreds away tires in an awful way, thus unsuitable for endurance racing. You asked bob to drive...on a Nurb 24h's attempt i made (later completed by bob, see my sig) Bob could only get close to my times when he was at pace 5, and with a GT-R R35 (the one you get at the dream car championship) while i had my good 'ol trusty Xanavi GTR JGTC. And those two make the one of the most important things in endurance, S-T-R-A-T-E-GY, without it you're most likely to fail. Patience, you might be failing, sucking at it, but who knows, maybe you'll make it, but getting Bob on board will definitely mean you ain't gonna make it. Economy, once again the car. You think 950+HP wont spend a million galons of fuel and overheat a ton of racing-grade rubber? Shorter stints, not good for endurance.

This are all tips you can find in this amazing online community. For example, this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65980. That dude is my hero, you should definitely give it a read to the race you are doing there to get some tips. You can also search for other forums about endurance here, there are a lot of them!!! :sly:.

So, good luck on your next race, please take this as constructive criticism, just give it a go at what i told you and you'll see...

You should also focus in the way you write, Mercedes CLK. I'm pretty sure no one will care to read a report like this if you don't put effort into it, even more if you even say cut through the grass a few times to ensure lead! That's a no-no for us clean racers. I suspect you are not much of a good driver if you had to do that. Therefore, I would recommend you to start with some small races, and not jump directly onto the big leagues :)

Wow. Just wow. It's not good is it?

Firstly, You've invented a new race, Fiji doesn't have a GT4 track. :P
It's one of a couple of spelling mistakes in the title alone, not to mention the rest!

Secondly coming on here with a so-called "Race Report" for 1 A-spec point (which you're not even eligible for if you use B-spec at any point during the race anyway), and still not winning would be like Lance Armstrong admitting he'd lost a race to a toddler on a "BIG-Wheel" tricycle. :rolleyes:

Thirdly, no-one's impressed by dirty driving or shortcutting. 👎

Fourthly, our AUP requires that you use proper grammar when posting here, which means a capital letter at the beginning of every sentence and each time you use "I" to refer to yourself. Please post with this in mind in the next time you post here, remember it's a requirement not a request.

Fifthly, I'm not sure why you're so concerned with pitstops, if your B-spec driver only stopped 4 times in 100 laps, that's 25 laps per set of tyres, and that's considerably more than any of the AI cars can manage with their AI drivers. :sly:
Complete AI Pit strategy guide for the 16 Endurance Races. This thread lists the pit windows of every AI car in every endurance race, and as you can see no AI car can go more than 23 laps maximum without pitting in this race. Your problem is not pitting too much, but pitting too little.
By pushing an overpowered monster like the R89C too hard on worn tyres your driver will make mistake, after mistake, after mistake, after mistake during the course of the laps on orange / red tyres. This will lead to you losing much, much, much more time than you would lose by pitting more frequently and not losing the time with silly errors.
Even running this race in the PlayStation Pescarolo C60 / Judd Race Car '04 which is regarded as probably the lightest race car on it's tyres, 25 laps was the most that I got out of them, and in running the Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 or AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car '98 pitting every 20 laps was as far as the tyres could reasonably be pushed (and claiming a 200 A-spec point win in the case of the AMG! ;))

Wow. Just wow. It's not good is it?

Firstly, You've invented a new race, Fiji doesn't have a GT4 track. :P
It's one of a couple of spelling mistakes in the title alone, not to mention the rest!
Secondly coming on here with a so-called "Race Report" for 1 A-spec point (which you're not even eligible for if you use B-spec at any point during the race anyway), and still not winning would be like Lance Armstrong admitting he'd lost a race to a toddler on a "BIG-Wheel" tricycle. :rolleyes:

Thirdly, no-one's impressed by dirty driving or shortcutting. 👎
Fourthly, our AUP requires that you use proper grammar when posting here, which means a capital letter at the beginning of every sentence and each time you use "I" to refer to yourself. Please post with this in mind in the next time you post here, remember it's a requirement not a request.

Fifthly, I'm not sure why you're so concerned with pitstops, if your B-spec driver only stopped 4 times in 100 laps, that's 25 laps per set of tyres, and that's considerably more than any of the AI cars can manage with their AI drivers. :sly:Complete AI Pit strategy guide for the 16 Endurance Races. This thread lists the pit windows of every AI car in every endurance race, and as you can see no AI car can go more than 23 laps maximum without pitting in this race. Your problem is not pitting too much, but pitting too little.
By pushing an overpowered monster like the R89C too hard on worn tyres your driver will make mistake, after mistake, after mistake, after mistake during the course of the laps on orange / red tyres. This will lead to you losing much, much, much more time than you would lose by pitting more frequently and not losing the time with silly errors.
Even running this race in the PlayStation Pescarolo C60 / Judd Race Car '04 which is regarded as probably the lightest race car on it's tyres, 25 laps was the most that I got out of them, and in running the Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 or AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car '98 pitting every 20 laps was as far as the tyres could reasonably be pushed (and claiming a 200 A-spec point win in the case of the AMG! ;))

Ok. First of all, my car had to pit more times than that, I just don't remember off-hand. The more time it takes to pit, the closer the 787B gets. And i do not pit too little. I wait until the tires are orange and go to the pits. But the thing that aggrivated me was the fact that the back tires wore out before the front tires, which always stayed green. I didn't know to say to just replace teh rear tires. But I still don't now. I'm not an experienced racer. I'm still a "baby". I have alot more learning to do. And I apologize for my typing errors. It won't happen again.

You should also focus in the way you write, Mercedes CLK. I'm pretty sure no one will care to read a report like this if you don't put effort into it, even more if you even say cut through the grass a few times to ensure lead! That's a no-no for us clean racers. I suspect you are not much of a good driver if you had to do that. Therefore, I would recommend you to start with some small races, and not jump directly onto the big leagues :)

I race clean as much as possible. But I need to win by as much a margin as possible. As for the other bolded statement, this is my first time posting in this forum, so I'm still getting used to it.

Yeah, Bob's useless as a driver. And by the way, the Vette is called C5.R and the BMW, V12 LMR.

Anyway, im sorry for your defeat, but i just wanted to tell you you've made some catastrophic mistakes (so you can fix 'em :sly:). The Car-The Driver-The Strategy. You've picked a car with a lot of power that shreds away tires in an awful way, thus unsuitable for endurance racing. You asked bob to drive...on a Nurb 24h's attempt i made (later completed by bob, see my sig) Bob could only get close to my times when he was at pace 5, and with a GT-R R35 (the one you get at the dream car championship) while i had my good 'ol trusty Xanavi GTR JGTC. And those two make the one of the most important things in endurance, S-T-R-A-T-E-GY, without it you're most likely to fail. Patience, you might be failing, sucking at it, but who knows, maybe you'll make it, but getting Bob on board will definitely mean you ain't gonna make it. Economy, once again the car. You think 950+HP wont spend a million galons of fuel and overheat a ton of racing-grade rubber? Shorter stints, not good for endurance.

well i didn't know!! this is my first time with the R89C. next time i'll know.

This are all tips you can find in this amazing online community. For example, this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65980. That dude is my hero, you should definitely give it a read to the race you are doing there to get some tips. You can also search for other forums about endurance here, there are a lot of them!!! :sly:.

So, good luck on your next race, please take this as constructive criticism, just give it a go at what i told you and you'll see...

the bolded makes me feel better!!!:)

I race clean as much as possible. But I need to win by as much a margin as possible.

That's a direct contradiction. You are basically saying that, if it makes you faster, you would wallride and entire track just to win by as much as possible?? :odd: 👎

Wow. Just....wow...

The grass-cuts alone display that you're simply not ready to be tackling this caliber of a race.

Ok. First of all, my car had to pit more times than that, I just don't remember off-hand.

It is no good writing a Race Report, if you can't back up the data you have provided.
Every other member here will write details of the race as it happens, so they can then go back to it after.

The more time it takes to pit, the closer the 787B gets. And i do not pit too little. I wait until the tires are orange and go to the pits. But the thing that aggrivated me was the fact that the back tires wore out before the front tires, which always stayed green.

This is usually the case with the High-End powered cars. Unless you equip some softer tyres up front.

I didn't know to say to just replace teh rear tires. But I still don't now. I'm not an experienced racer. I'm still a "baby". I have alot more learning to do. And I apologize for my typing errors. It won't happen again.

When you pit, you have a screen comes up that allows you to select
Front Tyres
Rear Tyres
Fuel
A-spec / B-spec

The same screen that you have just used to change to B-spec driver.

On this screen if you go up-to the front tyres and push left, eventually you will come across 'Keep Current".
This will keep the current tyres on your car.
However (I think) once you have selected this option the next pit you would then need to tell it to change the tyres otherwise they will stay as "keep Current".

I race clean as much as possible. But I need to win by as much a margin as possible. As for the other bolded statement, this is my first time posting in this forum, so I'm still getting used to it.

Why do you "need to win by as much a margin as possible"? As long as you win that should be all that counts.
I mean I have, and many other members have aswell, had many races where the Margin of Victory could be less than 10 seconds.

Also on another point, If your B-spec driver started to lose for you, why did you not just change back to A-spec, you could cut your corners and wallride, to cruise to victory.
Every-one knows that B-spec is not really the way to beat the game, because B-spec will never be better than the A-spec driver.
(Unless you are a driver that is very bad).

It is no good writing a Race Report, if you can't back up the data you have provided.
Every other member here will write details of the race as it happens, so they can then go back to it after.

This is usually the case with the High-End powered cars. Unless you equip some softer tyres up front.

When you pit, you have a screen comes up that allows you to select
Front Tyres
Rear Tyres
Fuel
A-spec / B-spec

The same screen that you have just used to change to B-spec driver.

On this screen if you go up-to the front tyres and push left, eventually you will come across 'Keep Current".
This will keep the current tyres on your car.
However (I think) once you have selected this option the next pit you would then need to tell it to change the tyres otherwise they will stay as "keep Current".

Why do you "need to win by as much a margin as possible"? As long as you win that should be all that counts.
I mean I have, and many other members have aswell, had many races where the Margin of Victory could be less than 10 seconds.

The farther they are, the better I feel.

Also on another point, If your B-spec driver started to lose for you, why did you not just change back to A-spec, you could cut your corners and wallride, to cruise to victory. Because, it was 2 in the morning. I would not be allowed to do so.
Every-one knows that B-spec is not really the way to beat the game, because B-spec will never be better than the A-spec driver.

(Unless you are a driver that is very bad).

First of all, the farther they are, the better I feel.

Second of all, the bolded statement isn't always true. B-spec is for people just like me. Who don't have time to sit and do a 24 hour race:grumpy:. But anyway, yes, I'll admit. I'm not the best driver. But I'm not the worse either. And I'm not a bad driver. I'm a highly stressed-out driver whose bent on time. But I'm getting better.

This race was a real push for me. I'm suprised I made it through 200 laps. Even on b-spec mode.

This race was a real push for me. I'm suprised I made it through 200 laps. Even on b-spec mode.

:odd: Don't you mean he made it through 200 laps?
I know you answered the question before, but what's the point getting as far as possible of the AI? To feel better? You cheated your way to get a lead, that would instantly undo that feeling. :indiff:

Don't take this as a punishment, but try to improve in your driving, that way you will be able to do these races, and honestly... 5:30 hours should be the max needed for this race, according to my calculus. That would make 2:45 hours in the morning and 2:45 hours at the evening of racing. I don't have a life, but I bet even a normal person with a life should be able to have that time in the weekends. Try to do a 24hour race in A-Spec mode, 8 hours a day for three days! :lol: Someday I will try that 👍 Hopefully on winter, when the PS2 does not overheat :D

This is just a tip CLK ive done alot of races but not put em on here cos ill just be called a noob but I pause the game every 10 mins and jot down what happend. Only a tip, if you dont wanna take it then fine someone else will.

Last edited:
Um, the guy who started this thread was banned three months ago, so your advice is pretty much useless.

True, he may have missed that, but Burnout will find some really good advice in this piece of quoted text.

this is just a tip CLK ive done alot of races but not put em on here cos ill just be called a noob but i pause the game every 10 mins and jot down what happend. only a tip, if you dont wanna take it then fine someone else will.

Solid advice though 👍

Back