Final Fantasy VI/III

Race Idiot

(Banned)
Sao Tome and Principe
Sao Tome and Principe
I recenly bought it for the PSOne but ive had the game for aaaaages on my PC. Ff10 just seemed to suck arse big time in my opinion, I actually prefered the basic graphics of the older games to all this flashy fmv and constant cutscenes. Mind you I think the FF series has been on a downfall scince FF9 (FF9 seemed to be lacking, god knows where but it just didnt have the same something that made FF7/8 great). FF6/3 was never released in the UK on the SNES, so when I saw that I could buy FF6 for £20 for my PSOne I snapped it up (A week later I managed to get FF4 and FF5 for the same price but ive never played them before hope I wont be dissapointed with them). I played FF6/3 a while back on a snes emulator but didnt seem to like it that much. But now im addicted to it, it deffinitely stands up to FF7 IM, the story is great, there are loads of characters and most of the time you dont have to always use one main "hero" character, also the music is excellent, much better than all the modern FF games (barring FF7). It also seems allot more difficult than the modern FF games, which means the battles are more enjoyable.

Has anyone else played FF6/3 and did you like it?
Also has anyone played FF5 and FF4 and are they any good?

N............W............O

I have 3 and I like it alot...Really good story...I traded a gameboy color for it after I got my advance...It was well worth the trade since it is so expensive everywhere else including ebay...
And if you liked those so much you should check out Earthbound on the emulator,it has the best story of any rpg Ive ever played...

FF6 was my first FF game on any system, and I loved it. With the limited cpabilites of the SNES they managed to create some of the most memorable scenes, characters and music of any game I've played. This is probably my second favorite SNES game, right behind Chrono Trigger.
FF4 and 5 were pretty good too, but not on the same graphical level as 6. 5 had an amazing job system that no game has improved on since...

I've played nearly every snes square rpg.

(and most other rpg games for the matter)

I can thank my junior/senior years in high school for that.

but the one that sucked up most of my time (other than FF3j) was harvest moon.

so simple, yet so complex....

Yeah they're very cool. The battle system of them are better than FF9, cause you won't encounter monster who only do magic attact that take 20 sec each time they do it. :rolleyes:

I can say it's pretty cool to have them on PlayStation, cause you can use newer cable on those games. I usually play them with S-Video on a 32"inch TV. :P

Also they added a kickarse intro to the game just gotta love that main theme music!

At the moment im going to the eeeeevil magitec factory to get me some espers! Well not before building my levels up allot and learning some more magic.

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN
Also they added a kickarse intro to the game just gotta love that main theme music!

At the moment im going to the eeeeevil magitec factory to get me some espers! Well not before building my levels up allot and learning some more magic.

Hell yeah...the opening theme still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. :)

Im going to play FF3 in about 10 mins just after i have made me something to eat :)

Although Im at the point just after you have to go to vector and talk to the emperor and answer all those questions.

Back