GlamFM

Play GT7 in VR
Premium
Germany
Germany
GlamFM
GlamFM
Hey gang.

Maybe this can become something like an OT (if there is enough interest)

Huge FF7 fan. Started with 2(4) on the SNES back in the day. Series went downhill after IX IMO, but REMAKE was a ****ing BANGER.

Absolutely loved what they did with it and after yesterdays trailer for Rebirth I can´t contain my hype anymore.

It looks stellar.

Anyway, here´s the Trailer. Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH LET´S GOOOOOOooooooooooo!

Last edited:
This game may be the reason I finally buy a PS5.

I'm not really a huge FF fan in general, 7 was the first one I played and I loved it, I also liked 12 a lot, but I didn't really play the ones in between other than 10. But I didn't didn't think 10 was anything special.

But I have a huge soft spot for 7 and loved the remake. I like what they are doing with the story too with it being a sequel of sorts. I want to play 16, that one does look good, but no PS5 yet.

Game of the Year 2024 locked in already.

Never liked any Final Fantasy games, until I played FF7 Remake, and it changed my perception of the franchise (I even bought FF16!). Such a fun game to play, and its so easy to become invested in the story and the characters, despite some moments being a little too... anime, for me.

I cannot wait. I also cant believe the $350 Collectors Edition is already sold out :boggled:

16 was another miss for me unfortunately. I´d rate it a 6.

After seeing the trailer for Rebirth yesterday I actually think even less of it.

I think they have a winning formula with Remake so I don´t actually understand why they went where they went with 16.
This dark grey depressing anime take on Game of Thrones with Devil May Cry combat did absolutely nothing for me.

Last edited:
I should probably go back and retry part 1 at some point - it's in my enormous backlog. Never finished the original either, it was my first JRPG back in the late 90s. I had no idea what I was doing. Made it out of the city and got to some mansion before giving up.

Strange there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for FFX, I loved that game!

Anyways back on topic this is looking great from the trailer, I'm surprised they showed as much as they did!
Looks like quite a lot of mini open world sections too which I thought they did very well with the slums in FF7 remake.

Looking forward to this one.

Strange there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for FFX, I loved that game!

Anyways back on topic this is looking great from the trailer, I'm surprised they showed as much as they did!
Looks like quite a lot of mini open world sections too which I thought they did very well with the slums in FF7 remake.

Looking forward to this one.
I liked it alright. Still think it was the start of the decline.

It felt like this was the first time they tried to broaden their appeal and lost something along the way.

I liked it alright. Still think it was the start of the decline.

It felt like this was the first time they tried to broaden their appeal and lost something along the way.
Fair enough, the ps1 trilogy is highly regarded, much the the RE trilogy.

For me it was 12 where it started to go wrong, i just couldn't get into the battle system, only returned to the series for FF7 Remake which was excellent.

Not an FF fan (or a huge RPG fan in general) but the FF7 remake completely sucked me in. Fantastic characters, story and world, had such a good time with it. Really looking forward to Rebirth. Though, I will need to get an SSD card for the PS5 sometime before February. Got next to no memory space as it is now. Can only imagine how much space Rebirth will take up. :lol:

Last edited:
Not an FF fan (or a huge RPG fan in general) but the FF7 remake completely sucked me in. Fantastic characters, story and world, had such a good time with it. Really looking forward to Rebirth. Though, I will need to get an SSD card for the PS5 sometime before February. Got next to no memory space as it is now. Can only imagine how much space Rebirth will take up. :lol:
If i remember correctly from the trailer it comes on 2 discs so yeah it aint gona be a small game 😅

I refuse to buy extra storage so the constant installing and unistalling to make room is a game in itself lol

If i remember correctly from the trailer it comes on 2 discs so yeah it aint gona be a small game 😅

I refuse to buy extra storage so the constant installing and unistalling to make room is a game in itself lol
Yes it's definitely 2 discs if you buy the physical copy. So it'll probably be 150gb+.

Just with good old Australian internet though. I would rather pay extra cash for a SSD card then have to wait for hours for something to install again. 😅

Exactly one month 😳
I'm very keen to play this, but it looks like it'll release on PC in May, which I'm happy to wait for since I still don't yet have a PS5. It's shaping up to be a strong contender for my game of the year.

Last edited:
There you go. Just over a 145GB download apparently.

Got an 2TB SSD card for Christmas. NBA 2K23 and Sniper Elite 5 alone take up a combined 240 odd GB. 2TB suddenly doesn't seem like a lot of space anymore. 😅

Just pre ordered my copy, had £12 of rewards with The Game Collection so brought it down to £48.

Refuse to play the Demo! I want it to feel new and fresh on launch day.

Played the demo. You won't have to do that mission in the full game if you complete it. I have. Can't wait until my pre order downloads. It's brilliant.

Last edited:
About to wrap up Spider man 2 then I'll have a go at the demo.

Really enjoyed part 1 of the remake and being a lot more open world this time around can only make it better, its looking really promising a lot this stage.

Playing the demo right now. Love it.

My only complaint would be the iq.

Image is a bit soft in performance mode.

Is the Performance Mode up to scratch? If this game starts banging around 20-60fps when traversing the open world sections, I will be devastated 😄

Is the Performance Mode up to scratch? If this game starts banging around 20-60fps when traversing the open world sections, I will be devastated 😄
Seems fine. Dynamic resolution is a bit harsh at times though.

Playing the demo right now. Love it.

My only complaint would be the iq.

Image is a bit soft in performance mode.
Agreed on the image quality, coming fresh off finishing Spider Man 2 it makes this game feel like a last gen game just running at 60 fps, by no means a bad looking game though!

Enjoyed the demo, only other small complaint is the weird light transition when entering/leaving from outdoors to indoors.

I remembered the midgar section well before I played the first part of Remake so I knew what to expect, don't remember much after midgar so Rebirth should feel like a new game completely to me.

New update for the demo released today, image quality definitely improved.

Nice new area to explore, I always get overwhelmed with RPG's but being FF7 I took the time to do all the combat tutorials for every character and now enjoy it much more than the first run.

One downside of the demo for me is that most enemies are flying, makes the camera go crazy and the combat feels faster than remake so it's pretty chaotic.

I've done something I never do, pre ordered it!

Demo and reviews have sold me on it, plus a 20% off coupon and the fact I want to complete this before spring arrives were also factors.

Have high hopes for the full game

Another huge FF7 fan here, also loved 6, 9 and 12. Not so much any of the others though.

I’m waiting until the whole thing is out before playing the remake. I’m guessing it’ll be three parts, and nobody yet knows when the third and final part will be out?

Hopefully they’ll do a special bundle box set of all three parts when it’s out so i’ll get that.

Last edited:
Back