Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH [Spoilers Within!!!]

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 68 comments
Another huge FF7 fan here, also loved 6, 9 and 12. Not so much any of the others though.

I’m waiting until the whole thing is out before playing the remake. I’m guessing it’ll be three parts, and nobody yet knows when the third and final part will be out?

Hopefully they’ll do a special bundle box set of all three parts when it’s out so i’ll get that.
It’s been confirmed to be a trilogy. I’m not expecting the third game until 2027 or 2028.

Unlocked my bonus but didnt had time to start it yet, since yesterday I focus on doing my TT in gt7 to have that out of the way. Planning on starting the game tonight. I can't wait !

I'm on chapter 3, I love how much more open world it is from Remake.

The side missions so far have all been fun (apart from the card game 🤬) which makes exploring the open world great, if the side quests remain as fun as the first area then I can see this being a 80/90 hour playthrough!

I broke my rule of never pre ordering a game and so far I am not disappointed.

I'm on chapter 3, I love how much more open world it is from Remake.

The side missions so far have all been fun (apart from the card game 🤬) which makes exploring the open world great, if the side quests remain as fun as the first area then I can see this being a 80/90 hour playthrough!

I broke my rule of never pre ordering a game and so far I am not disappointed.
Queen's Blood takes a while to get into. Once you do though it becomes really fun.

Fort Condor though....

Queen's Blood takes a while to get into. Once you do though it becomes really fun.

Fort Condor though....
I beat the level 1 woman and after that have lost big time every time lol
Will put some time into it in the later game as I'm sure they will be some good items to earn through the game.

I love it so far, 11h into it and enjoying every bit of it, probably gonna start chapter 2 again as I totally forgot about analysing all monsters and optimizing my weapon usage.

The game is everything I wanted it to be so far.

I love Queen's blood and Fort Condor tho !

Currently on Chapter 6 and 30 hours in. I’ve been having a blast the whole time. All of the sidequests and exploring have been fun to do, the combat is even better than the previous game, and Square somehow in my opinion managed to top Remake’s brilliant music. I can’t wait for the soundtrack to be available somewhere. The characters, dialogue, voice acting have been well done so far, especially the humor.

As for Queen’s Blood, I didn’t really care for it at first since I don’t really like card games in general. But since I plan on 100%’ing Rebirth like I did with Remake, I of course had to play it, but it’s grown on me now and I always look forward to matches. Not to mention:
You learn that Queen’s Blood has a dark backstory once you beat all the players in the Junon region, which is very interesting.

Fort Condor’s gameplay is fine, but the strict time limit almost ruins it.

Last edited:
Every time I think I have an idea of how big this game is it just gets bigger.

What a game.

Every time I think I have an idea of how big this game is it just gets bigger.

What a game.

That's exactly how I feel, every new chapter there is a new huge area to explore filled with side quests and mini games.

It doesn't even feel possible they built such a big game in 4 years considering how long game development takes these days.

That's exactly how I feel, every new chapter there is a new huge area to explore filled with side quests and mini games.

It doesn't even feel possible they built such a big game in 4 years considering how long game development takes these days.

I suppose it might be a big help that they’ve got the general outline of the main story and the locations already. Even though things have changed significantly, I’m sure coming up with absolutely everything purely from scratch would make the whole process take much longer.

Last edited:
I just started the game last night, and it's already very impressive.

That said, I made the mistake of playing without using a walkthrough - and even though I do take time to search around, I appear to have missed at least 3 pieces of materia in the first Chapter alone - not sure whether I should restart or just pick them up later, seems like a bit of a waste of 3 hrs to restart.

I just started the game last night, and it's already very impressive.

That said, I made the mistake of playing without using a walkthrough - and even though I do take time to search around, I appear to have missed at least 3 pieces of materia in the first Chapter alone - not sure whether I should restart or just pick them up later, seems like a bit of a waste of 3 hrs to restart.
Materia don't really matter, as they aren't carried over, at least mine didn't. Since its a flash-back (although you somehow are stronger). Scanning enemies is tho if you didn't use analyse. Not sure if you it's important for chapter 1, but for two, if you miss some, you wont be able to unlock all training menus. I was 11h in and restarted. Not regretting it one bit. Still amazing to do even a 2nd time and already did everything back.

Last edited:
I am like 40 hours in and yeah I played quite a bit so I must have liked something but really just getting tired of the open world and mini games so much that I just want to move on or play something different.

I am like 40 hours in and yeah I played quite a bit so I must have liked something but really just getting tired of the open world and mini games so much that I just want to move on or play something different.

I did feel the mini games were getting too much at one point (queen's blood mainly) but after that certain part I love the open world in between big story set peices.

I think they've done a good job to recreate the open world from the original but i can see why its too much for some people as certain open world sections full of mini games can drag on for a while.

Is it just me or is the boss fight at the end of Chp. 2 insanely difficult??

I've tried it three times, and although I got quite close in my second attempt, I'm still getting absolutely trounced.

In the end I changed the difficulty to Easy in order to pass it...

Is it just me or is the boss fight at the end of Chp. 2 insanely difficult??

I've tried it three times, and although I got quite close in my second attempt, I'm still getting absolutely trounced.

In the end I changed the difficulty to Easy in order to pass it...
He's is weak to ice, but I bet you knew this already.

I had Shiva by this point already (might have been a pre-order bonus thing? Don't remember) that made it a bit easier.

Definitely an early game difficulty spike.

He's is weak to ice, but I bet you knew this already.

I had Shiva by this point already (might have been a pre-order bonus thing? Don't remember) that made it a bit easier.

Definitely an early game difficulty spike.
Yeh, I used Assess and have Shiva already - that's what nearly gave me the win, but it is still bloody difficult, even with everything optimised.

I was getting hit so hard that I had no time to attack, and so my party was unable to do anything (no items, spells, abilities etc.). I did figure out a couple of things, namely to use Aerith as a healer with Auto-Cast and Heal combined, and also that you have to block, evade and hide behind things to avoid getting instantly killed, but I reckon for a first boss, it's very, very hard to beat with the party on Lvl.18.

Ha! Same.
I finally did it 🥲

It's very difficult when all of your party are unable to do anything, so keeping up the attacks in order to get the ATB charge going makes a big difference.

I was doing pretty well but ended up using Elixir on Cloud, only for him to get swallowed and taken out of the party. Fortunately, Shiva put the boot in just at the right moment, and I was able to finish it off using just Red XIII in attack on his own.

Fortunately Aerith can pretty much look after herself - I had her equipped with Chakra and auto-cast Healing, and with the other two using healing items (quite liberally), it was enough to keep the party alive.

I'm definitely swaying between enjoying the game and hating it for being too difficult, even on 'Normal' difficulty.

The game looks amazing, but I've now quit the game more than any other FF title I've played, and I'm only on Chapter 3.

-

OK, so I finally defeated the next boss 😅 It takes a while to learn how to get these guys, definitely tougher than previous games but all the more satisfying when it finally works!

Last edited:
Still loving the game, I will say getting around the area in chapter 9 was a nightmare, and then followed by chapter 10 in which I didn't like the setting or the story segment I thought the honeymoon period was gone but chapter 11 has got me loving every minute once again.

Keep seeing loads of comments online about how bad it looks in performance mode, I don't get it, it's certainly no spider man 2 or Demon Souls but I still think it looks great and the location are some of the best I've seen in any game.

60 hours in so far.

For once I pre ordered a game and I'm glad I did!

82 hours to complete the game and what a game it was.

The music has got to be the best I've ever heard in any video game, the combat is familiar to part 1 but much improved, each location is absolutely stunning and oh the cutscenes... look absolutely amazing and very well done.

Still can't believe they made this game in just 4 years and during covid as well, so much content, so well put together and bug free at launch.

Looking forward to part 3 already

There's 833 of these blasted things, so let's get started. I won't be posting them in order as the first 10 or so would just be Sephiroth. :lol:

They'll be scattered from one chapter to another, character to character, etc. Outside of light color correction nothing is being edited as well.

vEtRhnN.png

Z9644go.png

Ms6HlRj.jpeg

CeUKK33.jpeg

eCieqFz.png

This one I'm especially happy with as the original image was, well, see for yourself. There's an actual sun with warmth in the edited one above. :lol:

Here’s a few of mine. :)

35D3665B-1250-40F4-AD79-04613F76FF42.png

49C488C0-D616-479B-8576-7316AF2A47F1.png

A0002675-6579-4D0F-BF4E-C61947CA688A.png

Also worth mentioning that I managed to get the Best Buy steel book with no issues. Feel pretty lucky considering a bunch of people prior to release said their orders for it got cancelled.

01902368-D730-40E3-BE3A-83D4CD6E4575.jpeg

Back