Final Fantasy X

Ok I know i'm gonna regret this but I played the demo today and i hated it.

I know it has a lot of loyal fans, but i didn't like the style of play you don't really seem to have control, fair enough you choose what to do but it seems like it would get boring unless you were really into it, fair enough i only played the demo but on a scale from 1 to 10 id give it -10.

Graphics of the movies was awsome.

Originally posted by Rockwallaby
Ok I know i'm gonna regret this but I played the demo today and i hated it.

I know it has a lot of loyal fans, but i didn't like the style of play you don't really seem to have control, fair enough you choose what to do but it seems like it would get boring unless you were really into it, fair enough i only played the demo but on a scale from 1 to 10 id give it -10.

Graphics of the movies was awsome.

Role playing games aren't for everyone, it's too bad you give it such a harsh rating based on a short time playing. FFX is one of the best games on the PS2.

Yeah, there's not a lot of games where you can play 50+ hours without reaching the end credits.

I got the game yesterday, and I'm probably still playing it in a year or so.

This is REAL value for money :)

I really liked it.... it was fun... but i wish i never beat it, because it had a crappy ending.... i was dissapointed with it. Great game never the less

I have had it since it came out, and dont spend much time playing it. It is a great game, and I will be playing it throughout the summer.

I really like this game. I like the fact that there are sooo many movie clips, it gives you some rest from the RP you are gonna have to do in a few seconds.
The graphics are awesome, even though after the voice has ended, the charcters lips keep on moving, but it's no biggie.
Definetly worth the money, look forward to beating it. Takes skill!

You know, I wasn't a big fan either. I rented it for a week or so and just couldn't get into it. Which is a shame. I've never played any of the FF series but was just amazed by the "look" of the game.

<shrug> I'm certainly not going to lay into the game, 'cause there's so many people that love it, I must just be missing something.

But... wow - it is incredible looking.

:D

Originally posted by made in holland
I love this game, only the large amount of conversations between the characters is a little annoying.

I don't really find it annoying. It sorta gives to a little time to rest before you have to do stuff again.

Originally posted by fermy88

I don't really find it annoying. It sorta gives to a little time to rest before you have to do stuff again.

But that's what annoyes me.
Especially the first couple of hours, all you have to do is make 4 steps and you'll get a 10 min. talk.
It starts very slow

Originally posted by made in holland

But that's what annoyes me.
Especially the first couple of hours, all you have to do is make 4 steps and you'll get a 10 min. talk.
It starts very slow

I understand where you're coming from, but when you get further into the game, atleast I think, that it becomes a little bit more relaxed than just having to play non-stop. It's a way to pause without actually pausing.

The game is nice ive been playing it for about a week now. But its definitely not the best FF game. I have played FF5 to FF10 and even though I like it I think that it has nothing on FF6, or FF7 (i cant decide which of these are the best final fantasy games so I have joint favs). The battle system is very good, but the game is too entirely linear. I mean there seems to be no world map so you dont have any choice in what you want to do or where you want to go (I know you dont have much choice in these type of rpg`s but at least a little would be nice). The game just seems to boil down to this

Fight
Talking
Fight
Walk Around
Talk
Buy Stuff
Talk
Subgames
Talk
Puzzles
Talk
Fight
Talk
Walk Around
Talk
Puzzles
Talk

Now I dont mind lengthy dialogue, I mean Xenogears had some hideously long cutscenes and somehow I still found it enjoyable. But FF10 might as well just be some sort of computerised show and as per usual there is no way of skipping it. Ok Im done :sleep:

Back