Welcome to the Qualifying Round Poll of the Final GT4 Photomode Tournament

gtptheme.jpg

"Racing Cars"

Cars: Any race car, concepts and prototypes are allowed
Tracks: Any
Phototravel: Yes

tournamentrules.jpg

Poll Rules:

You may vote for as many photos as you like.
You may only submit your votes 1 time.
Recheck your votes before you submit.
Make sure all your votes are correct.
If you pay attention to what you are doing, this should not be a problem.
Do not vote for your own entry.
The poll is anonymous, do not tell which is your entry.
Do not show your entry anywhere until the poll is closed.

The poll will last for 3 days.

The eight entrants with the most votes will move on to Round 1.

gtptable.jpg

Oh. My. God.

The F1 car, the RX-7, the Sauber, the Lister, those took my breath away! :drool:

Looks like another early exit for me I guess, fantastic work guys! 👍

I voted Formula GT the best entry in the poll. Interesting composition and awesome editing. I know he is confident, but he should have saved it for the final/semi-final round :D

TT-R: I prefer the other shot he made because there are more action going on. FOV should be proportional the speed of blur.

C9: The tone looks very realistic even the pink sky is a bit off (ash/dust sunset maybe?) The car itself is very sharp with no hint of oversharpening. Good looking blur but the shadow could be better.

RX-8: Must have a good time cleaning it. Well executed.

3, 5, 7 & 8 are my favourites. Great editing job on each one. The C9 really stands out and I really like the background tones.

The picture of the Sauber looks amazing. Definitely my pick from the poll. The pinkish colours of the sunset really stand out amongst the other pictures. It makes me feel like listening to some relaxing ambient music. Ooh, and look at the cleanup of the car...Every panel looks perfect!

Excellent work from everyone though. I think the picture of the Lister Storm really deserves more recognition.

voted for the mercedes. i think i know who did that one :D good job to everyonelse that entered!

Some superb pictures up there!

The F1, Sauber, and the Rensis RX-7 are my faves. 👍

BTW, whoever entered that RX-7 should be praised, because it is such a difficult car too get looking good! 👍

Names in order of poll (bold means entrant will move on to round 1):

NTX
TheStig13
jacoja06
speedemon08
Bram Turismo
franz
Moglet
Nicknamealguem

SVX
BTK
Araba
senamic
MinoltaMan89

Jaco, franz, Mog and Luis, exactly the guys I expected to shine. Well done to every who got through. However, I secretly placed my bet on that Sauber not to be Moglet's work, but that new guy who recently started amazing everyone in the 2.0 competition. I can't recall his name though...

My entry was really bad. Could we have another tournament in the future and this not be the Final?

👍 To Mog and Bram for my two personal favourites. Hopefully I won’t vs. either of you in Round 1.
Also, thanks a lot to the 24 people who voted for my entry. I actually made it a few months ago for the start of the Tournament, but then I only found out it was for the PMC rules.
Looking forward to finding out the theme for round 1. If it’s a lightweight K cup theme, I’ll be pissed off. :)

SVX
My entry was really bad. Could we have another tournament in the future and this not be the Final?

I'm sure there will be plenty of GT5 Tournaments!

I had not considered Moglet would enter. My bet on the C9 was from Suzq, but now it makes more sense in terms of technique and style. It' gonna be a very tough competition. Best of luck guys 👍

the last one? rly?

I am sad panda. mainly becuase I fear we won't see this calibre of production anymore. holy damn.

I wasn't able to vote before this was over but wow, looks like the tournaments of old! So much quality here! Franz, yours was just gorgeous. Great job everyone and good luck!

Congrats to everyone who got through round 1 (speaking of which, where is it?) and thanks for all the votes and criticism.

It's very rewarding when, after applying all the new concepts I've managed to gather before submitting my entry, I see some of it's fruits.

There are indeed great shots in the poll, my favorite being Franz Lister Storm and Jacoja Formula GT. Two great masterpiece.

I have some recommendations to some of the contestants, mainly the ones who got through:

NTX Motul - Beware of the noise levels. A little can add a nice feel, too much can kill the whole picture.

Speedemon - There seems to be some caution treating the car, mainly in the panel gaps. Though, the motion blur is a tad weird and wrongly added. There are some good tutorials that surround the blur subject, check them up. 👍

Minoltaman Camaro - A tad over sharpened and kind of rushed. I know your capable of doing great shots and work well with PS. What happened here? I was far from thinking this one was yours.

Luis 👍 I´m a noisy guy I know :D :D :D

Lets see next round, and congrats to all people that entered.

:)

Back