jacobanner1resize.jpg

Welcome to the Round 1 Poll of the Final GT4 Photomode Tournament

match1o.jpg

NTX vs. jacoja06

"Famous Shots"

Cars: Any
Tracks: Any
Phototravel: Yes
Explanation: Try to recreate a "famous" shot from GT4 photomode, i.e. alex's 787B, at least use the same car/location

match2h.jpg

Bram Turismo vs. MinoltaMan89

"Color"

Explanation: Bump up the saturation and let those colors pop!

match3e.jpg

Moglet vs. franz

"Bird's Eye View"

Explanation: Take a shot from the sky. Scenery, cars, whatever.

match4h.jpg

Nicknamealguem vs. speedemon08

"Crap Cars"

Cars: Any car(s) you consider a "crap car"
Phototravel: No
Explanation: Dig out those underpowered pieces of crap from out of the back of your garage and take some photos.

tournamentrules.jpg

General Rules:

This poll is multiple choice.

You must vote for one photo in each match, all at the same time.
You may only submit your votes 1 time, so if you don't vote in all matches the first time, you cannot come back and vote again later.
Recheck your votes before you submit.
Make sure all your votes are correct.
If you pay attention to what you are doing, this should not be a problem.
Do not vote for your entry.
Do not vote for the matches' titles.
If you vote/do not vote for your match's competitor, it will not be counted against you or your competitor.
The poll will last for 3 days.
Good luck to everyone!

The winners from each match will advance to Round 2.

gtptable.jpg

This is EPIC! :bowdown:
I think Moglet could do better, or I can't find the composition appealing.

There will be no better way to lose this tournament, then losing to a recreation of my old S2000 shot. 👍 to NTX for choosing that track/car combination. It looks great.

I think a few photomode competitors might recognise that the Nike shot is based on the original created by Franz back in 2005:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1838157&postcount=67

It’s still to me one of my all time favourite shots on GTPlanet, which is why I jumped back on the playstation the moment I remembered it.

I want to post a few comments about my decisions on the poll, but since I’m tight for time, I’ll do it later. :)

Well played, NTX. Well played :lol:

Currently I'm undecided in battle #1 and #3. Both entrants in each round have very good entries. It's especially nice to see NTX do this style since it's not his usual style. I love franz' entry a lot, what rims were those on the CIEN? Moglet's entry might fit the theme better, I don't know yet.

Great work everyone! Luis, you're doing a fantastic job in the cleaning department lately, just be careful with how wide and dark those panel gaps are 👍

What shot is the first 'famous' entry recreating?

FANTASTIC SHOTS GUYS :) Speaking of my match...Jaco...your work is always amazing, this is no exception. I tried to recreate your shot...is not at the exact location (but its the same track of course)...but this was the best I could do. Looking at your original shot...yours is miles away from mine :D

The other matches are also quite good...the quality is high...as always. Still undecided on Franz VS Mog match...they both represent well the theme...and I like both to be honest :D

Overall...another Tournament, another sucess :) Good work!!

'nevertell' voted for the poll titles only, and 'RacecarBMW' voted for an entry from each round as well as the titles.

What the...? :lol:

Great, great shots everyone. Really tough choices. Makes me sad I wasn't able to participate. Congrats to all those that make it to round 2. Again, everyone A+ stuff.

This is my first time can't make it to round 2. Oh well ... good luck guys. I would love to see Jacoja win the tournament for the first time.

It's not over yet and there is only 1 vote between us!

Thanks! I put a lot of work into so it's great to see it paying off 👍

You're welcome. I noticed that: You highlighted and worked out so little details, which are occasionally being forgotten in the process of editing a picture. ;)

Last edited:
It’s a shame to see Franz go after round one. Such an awesome shot.
But I couldn’t go past Mogs shot of the Audi. Such an artistic, graceful picture.

Edit: I also wanted to mention how superb Bram’s cleanup of the RUF was. Looks like he’s had to re-draw every crevice of the car. Very nice quality.

+1 on speedemon08's choice of crap car. It fits the theme quite nicely.

Last edited:
Thanks Jaco!

The original was beyond horrible what concerns the panel gaps. I'd love to post the original to be a show-off, but I don' have my USB drive with me right now. I also erased the front plate, redraw all the panel gaps and tried to keep as much detail in the tree reflections on the hood rather than them being washed out. Also tried to get some depth in that headlight 👍

Back