"Supra"

Cars: Any Toyota Supra
Tracks: Any
Phototravel: Yes
Explanation: --

tournamentrules.jpg

General Rules:

This poll is multiple choice.

You must vote for one photo in each match, all at the same time.
You may only submit your votes 1 time, so if you don't vote in all matches the first time, you cannot come back and vote again later.
Recheck your votes before you submit.
Make sure all your votes are correct.
If you pay attention to what you are doing, this should not be a problem.
Do not vote for your entry.
Do not vote for the matches' titles.
If you vote/do not vote for your match's competitor, it will not be counted against you or your competitor.
The poll will last for 3 days.
Good luck to everyone!

The winners from each match will advance to the Final Round.

gtptable.jpg

My vote goes for Nicknamealguem in the first match. The picture looks when compared to the NTX's shot. I love the "shadow-light-shadow", and the walls of the track. Very realistic.

For the second match, I chosed David48's. GrumpEone's shot just didn't cut it for me, the lights were very distracting to be honest, and there wasn't much sense of motion. David48's shot on the other hand didn't suffer from these issues, and though it is a kind of pic I see in most competitions, got my vote.

I voted for Nicknamealguem, because his car looks very nice and, like Lucas already said, the shadow and light effects give a realistic look to the shot and reflect the combination of an Italian car and track.

I voted for Grumpy, because his shot seems to have a lot more action and the angle looks very nice. I love the lights, because they give a real nice touch to the whole shot and the fact the car has its lights turned on, makes everything look fitting perfectly. The background is really nice. I love the scenery with the lights, etc.

Well done, guys. 👍

I went with nicknamealguem on the first one because the environment and that looks better than NTX's shot! NTX's shots background looks funny and unrealistic!

I voted for david48 on the second shot because i just like the way the car is going and such with the wet track and background blur, imo grumpyone's shot has too many lights which drawed me away from it, which is unusual for grumpy's shots, lol, I usually tend to go towards his shots

For the first theme, I went with NTX. It's a very elegant shot that I think capture the essence of Italy. 👍 The composition is nice and I think the texture of the background works well with the smoothness of the car. nicknamealguem's shot is nice as well, but I can't help but be distracted by the fact that nearly half of the shot is just gray shadow. I think it would have looked very nice as a long thinly cropped shot, if that was allowed in the rules.

For the second theme, I went with david48. The shot is very powerful and the background is very nice. I think it may have stood out more with a more brightly colored car. GrumpEone's shot has a very nice composition, but the car is a bit washed out, so the background seems to stand out instead. Also, as others have said, the lights in the background are a little distracting too.

I voted for the titles! :lol: But seriously, I voted for nicknamealguem (sp?) in the first vote-off and GrumpEone in the second. I just voted for the titles to take the piss. Reminds of the time I had a picture of George Bush with the word "Dope" beneath it as my avatar.

Oh god. Well since I'm going against Nicknamealguem next round, I'm expecting this to be my last victory in the tournament unless some epic miracle happens... So I would like to take this time to thank all of those who voted for me. This is the first time I got past the preliminary round in a tournament, so I'm thoroughly surprised to have made it to the finals. Thank you all, and Nicknamealguem, all I can say to you is, please go easy on me next round. :nervous:

Congrats Nicknamealguem & David48.

The first match, was an extremely tough decision, both shots work very well. There is little bad I can say about either shot; I think what sold me on NTX's shot was the better background and nicer reflection lines on the car. Good luck in the Final Nicknamealguem.

As for the second match, I can't believe I lost (badly) to a shot, with plenty of jaggies all over the featured plane, and an over-blurred rear-end; [exaggeration]geez almost every bit of the car is either out-of focus or jagged [/exaggeration]. Oh well, I tried, I just thought I'd have a better showing against that shot as is; if the jaggies were minimized, and the car was completely in-focus I would understand the vote going the way it did (but then again I went against the majority in the 1st match too).

On the plus, David's shot was good, but with a little playing around with the settings, you could have gotten the car completely in focus without changing the nice motion blurred background too much (or at all). With PMC rules, there is not much you can do to eliminate the jaggies on that camera/angle, other than zooming out a bit to minimize them, which is another reason I went away from shooting too much of the profile plane. Good Luck in the Final David48.

Thanks to the few, for your votes... I Guess NTX and I both got robbed this time...lol

You hurted my feelings. :(

:lol: A lot of those jaggies,(especially the one on the front bumper right in front of the wheel well) they really bothered me. But I left the back a little unblurred to give it a realistic feal. In real life you can't just pause time, sit there, and mess with the shutter settings until it's perfect. But I thought your shot was very good, and I'm surprised it didn't get more votes.

You hurted my feelings. :(
:lol: A lot of those jaggies,(especially the one on the front bumper right in front of the wheel well) they really bothered me. But I left the back a little unblurred to give it a realistic feal. In real life you can't just pause time, sit there, and mess with the shutter settings until it's perfect. But I thought your shot was very good, and I'm surprised it didn't get more votes.

Wasn't trying to hurt your feelings (just look at the final vote), just giving my honest opinions, although I may be biased. The motion-blur in the background and in the wheels sufficiently retain the realism, and sense of movement. It's the finer details that make or break shots for me, at this point, because all of the shots are well planned, shot well, and overall good shots.

Congratulations David48 and Nicknamealguem!

Last edited:
Thanks or all the comments and votes, everyone.

I’m really surprised it wasn’t a closest battle or that NTX didn’t win by a considerable margin. His shot has allot of quality, great background and great mood. I don’t know if it was the angle fault, has a more horizontal horizon with a vertical style plane (portrait) would maybe work a little better with the shot but, has I said, it’s a great and a solid shot, and I am a bit surprised we weren’t at least closer in the final votes.

GrumpEone vs David.
It was quite simple, I am not a fan of pictures where the car goes from the edge of the left side of the frame to the edge of the right side of the frame. Also, not quite fan of the overall composition of the shot and the mood seemed a little bland and grey.

In the other hand, Grumpeone had a more solid shot, I loved the composition on this one and the work with the lights, I think it was a great addition to the shot and didn’t think it was too distracting. I really think (sometimes) people really too much on the theme. If you look at the shots as a whole and not only the car, you’ll see all the great lines the shot has, mainly from the track pole (the one with the white lights), how the shot respected the rule of thirds how it proposes a good eye movement throughout the shot. If you only look at the car, well, yes, you’ll get distracted by the lights. The only fault I have to add to the shot is the almost nonexistent background blur (deep of field), but that would maybe kill the light effects (and a bit MORE CONTRAST wouldn't harm, but you probably would see it coming :P (I just probably bet you wouldn’t see this type of criticism coming, Grump? :P)).
So, I am a bit surprised by the votes in this battle as well.

@David, don’t give yourself for defeated, you may get a surprise or two ;) 👍

@Grump, Criticism doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to say something bad about the shot .

@David (again), I as well am always noticing similarities and contrasts about shots from the tournaments. Both matches have a red and a silver cars, first match has two Alpha Romeo’s, second match has two Supras (but that is because of the theme), in match one, both used an horizontal frame and in match two both used a vertical frame. :D

Good luck to David in the Final round. I hope it will be a great battle.

Last edited:
Congratulations, guys! :cheers: I'm really surprised the first battle isn't that tight, but what really shocks me is the difference in votes in the second battle. :eek:

Back