Final number of tracks not yet fixed?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJW_GT
  • 14 comments
  • 1,271 views
Messages
591
Messages
DJW_GT
In the Honda interview just now, KY said that the final number of tracks has not yet been decided. This is an odd statement to make considering that all tracks take at least a year (wasn't the actual figure 2.5 years on average?) to make a track.

Does this mean that some tracks that are already in development will be binned, or could it mean that he's still deciding which GT4 tracks to convert to HD (Which wouldn't take as long)?

Any suggestions?
 
Last edited:
In the Honda interview just now, KY said that the final number of tracks has not yet been decided. This is an odd statement to make considering that all tracks take at least a year (wasn't the actual figure 2.5 years on average?) to make a tracks.

Does this mean that some tracks that are already in development will be binned, or could it mean that he's still deciding which GT4 tracks to convert to HD (Which wouldn't take as long)?

Any suggestions?


Yea, bring on the GT4 tracks with the exception of Cote Azur. Thats the only
one IMO I can definitely do without.

Otherwise, GT4 has the best lineup of tracks in any racing game I've played.

Throw in Indy, Daytona, a few other NASCAR tracks, Charlotte, Watkins Glen, Pocono, Michigan, Texas and Richmond maybe then let her go.
 
If they really have run out of development time. Upscaling the GT5 tracks would be a very good move in my opinion. I mean, up until very recently we were seeing an upscaled version of the Nurburgring and that looked fine to me. If we had all of GT4's tracks like that, it would be better than having a limited number of really high quality tracks (Quality in terms of graphics).

At least for the finctional circuits.
 
No, not Monaco!

Sorry Quinton, but I have to agree with Juan Pablo Montoya.

This is what he said about Monaco:


"Monaco is normally hard to pass," Montoya said. "Monaco is impossible. So if the guy gets through the first
corner and doesn't hit anything and has clean pit stops, he's probably going to win the race."

"You watch the first five laps and the last five. There's really nothing in between to watch."


While there's no denying its rich Motorsport history, I think its time has come and gone. At the least, it should be changed and enlarged so you can promote more of an exciting feel of high speed competitive racing.
 
Sorry Quinton, but I have to agree with Juan Pablo Montoya.

This is what he said about Monaco:


"Monaco is normally hard to pass," Montoya said. "Monaco is impossible. So if the guy gets through the first
corner and doesn't hit anything and has clean pit stops, he's probably going to win the race."

"You watch the first five laps and the last five. There's really nothing in between to watch."


While there's no denying its rich Motorsport history, I think its time has come and gone. At the least, it should be changed and enlarged so you can promote more of an exciting feel of high speed competitive racing.

The GT version is wider, and we aren't normally doing 80 laps so it's ok. One of the best tracks IMO.

Regarding tracks, hmm not fixed means that he might have some lined up for later on.
 
In the Honda interview just now, KY said that the final number of tracks has not yet been decided. This is an odd statement to make considering that all tracks take at least a year (wasn't the actual figure 2.5 years on average?) to make a track.

Does this mean that some tracks that are already in development will be binned, or could it mean that he's still deciding which GT4 tracks to convert to HD (Which wouldn't take as long)?

Any suggestions?

I'm hoping for the latter. And i loved all of GT4's tracks. As long as we have Midfield and Trail Mountian I'll be happy. Those 2 tracks and many othe-...Every track from the GT series are incredibly fun to race on.
 
Monaco is an iconic track and would make for some great shots in photomode.

And to quote a winning driver,
Mark Webber – 1st: “It’s a special day, the greatest day of my life I suppose. As a Formula One driver you really hope that you win races and if you have a choice then the blue riband event is very, very special for any driver. To join Ayrton Senna and the likes round here is a very special thing.
 
The GT version is wider, and we aren't normally doing 80 laps so it's ok. One of the best tracks IMO.

Regarding tracks, hmm not fixed means that he might have some lined up for later on.

Where did you get that interesting piece of kibble? As I was informed that Kaz had the mighty Nür within an inch of real course representation. I seriously doubt that Monaco would be carelessly reproduced to such incorrect numbers. Monaco is narrow as hell in GT 3 and 4, it's a pain to pass, and your best bet to pass come on the final sections of the course leading back to the first right hander up hill..
 
Where did you get that interesting piece of kibble? As I was informed that Kaz had the mighty Nür within an inch of real course representation. I seriously doubt that Monaco would be carelessly reproduced to such incorrect numbers. Monaco is narrow as hell in GT 3 and 4, it's a pain to pass, and your best bet to pass come on the final sections of the course leading back to the first right hander up hill..

I'm pretty sure, it's not meant to be Monaco, it just happens to look like it (Very much like it ;) ).
 
I'm pretty sure, it's not meant to be Monaco, it just happens to look like it (Very much like it ;) ).

Nope it's definitely meant to be Monaco, thye just didn't get permission to use the name from the F1 sanctioning body as I think someone had the liscence to use it or they wanted too much money. Either way it was confirmed to be Monaco years ago, corner for corner, straight for straight...even the paddock was in the exact same place. PD creates their own fantasy courses, but they tend to be based on some place in reality.
 
Nope it's definitely meant to be Monaco, thye just didn't get permission to use the name from the F1 sanctioning body as I think someone had the liscence to use it or they wanted too much money. Either way it was confirmed to be Monaco years ago, corner for corner, straight for straight...even the paddock was in the exact same place. PD creates their own fantasy courses, but they tend to be based on some place in reality.
Yep I understand, but it's slightly different. I'll just post this and leave it at that. You can PM me if you want but I don't want to derail this thread further.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127732
 
I'm really hoping Citta di Aria is in. I went to google maps and found out the GT4 version is waaaayyy exaggerated, so I am excite to see what they may have done with it.

And Monaco should never be removed from any game.
 
Back