Finally got my new PC and running triples.

• Thread starter Troysloth
  • 2 comments
United States
Maryland, USA
xHPx Jarhead
Finally got my new PC running right and everything setup so here it is. The screens are less than 30" from my eyes and the side screens are at about 45 degrees so I have to actually turn my head to see the edges of the side screens. I used the setup tool in iRacing and everything looks right where it is supposed to be. It is so cool to see everything flying by on the sides in my peripheral vision.

PC specs: Case - Corsair Carbide 300R mid tower, Power Supply - Corsair 850TX V2, CPU - AMD FX-6300 with Coolermaster V6 GT fan, MB - GigaByte GA-990FXA-UD3, Video Card - AMD Radeon 7970 3GB DDR5, RAM - 16GB (8GB x 2) G.Skill Ripjaws X, HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB, OS - Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

3 Monitors: ASUS VS278Q-P 27" 1ms mounted to Sim Seats standalone triple monitor stand.

Cockpit: rSeat EVO V3, Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite, Pedals: Fanatec Clubsport V2, Shifter: Thrustmaster TH8-RS with Basherboards SFA-1 adapter.

What I see when racing: (IndyCar at Dover)

triples2.jpg

A pic of my other peripherals:

triples1.jpg

With the screens turned off so you can see better:

triples3.jpg

The back side of the setup so you can see the monitor stand:

triples4.jpg

With the left monitor tucked away so I can watch TV.

triples5.jpg

From the back with monitor tucked away:

triples6.jpg

All covered up and ready for bedtime:

triples7.jpg

Indeed, triples is the only way to go. A little tip, move those outside monitors to about 70 degrees, it is much better for the immersive factor.

Back