Finally owned S-7 full settings and line up !!

• Thread starter MrMaupie
  • 18 comments
Hello,

I did it !! I finally got Bronze on S-7 with the Ford GT LM test car. Here is how.......

The starting line up improved my odds
1)Art Morrisson
2)Amuse
3)Chevrolet
4)Blitz
5)Mine's
6)Dodge Viper
7)Blitz
8)Art Morrisson
9)Amuse
10) Ford GT LM

There was an Amuse and a Ford in 13th and 14th place as well. Besides the Amuse in 2nd place the other Amuse's and Fords were far away so they couldn't make a run for it. I figured even if the first Amuse got away (which it did) i could achieve silver or bronze maybe

Settings

Power -13
Weight 109%
downforce 10/20
height -10/-10
spring 4/4
5/5
toe -0.20/+0.20
camber 0.5/0.3
brakes 5/5

max angle 35
TCS Off
ABS 2

Steering help medium
ASM on

1st 62
2nd 93
3rd 136
4th 183
5th 231
6th 326
final gear 5.000

Basically i don't know much about tuning and got very lucky in this race. i made almost no penalties (which is valuable time) and took over 3rd place in the 3rd round in the last corners.

1st) Amuse (the one that was high up front in the starting grid probably) 8.38
2nd) Ford GT LM test car 8.47
3rd) ME with the Ford GT LM test car 9.01
4th) Dodge Viper 9.05

The key was the starting grid i think as usually 3rd place time is between 8.40 and 8.47 and believe me i have tried this race plenty to know :-(

Up to S10 and the F40 race and i will get the F1 car.

This is the 700pp race at fugi race right? If so, you should be able to achieve first place by the end of lap 3 with the gt lm.

Maybe with all aides off and Manual transmission?

This is for Noobs like me who thought it was impossible with Auto transmission and some other aides (ABS, ASM) on. And to show that the AI cars are a lot slower due to the line up (no Amuses and Fords high in the starting grid)

What were your settings? 1st place after 3 rounds is very very fast driving.

Ok so you won't need this than :-/

perhaps some people who are struggling find this of any use.

Still i find it very hard to believe; what were your lap times?? do the math; if the nr 1 drives 8.38 and the first round you can get 1.50 maybe (i got 1.53 as fastest first lap) because you are always slower the first round

1) 1.50 (8.38 - 1.50 = 6.48 / 4 laps left = 1.42 avg)
2) 1.42
3) 1.42
4) 1.42
5) 1.42
----------
total 8.38

1.42 is a top 20 online time (top 50 at least)

And you overtook he leader the 3rd lap??? 👍 awesome driving that is; let me guess you don't have a replay to back this up?

I just went and did it. Crossed the finishing line in first place on lap 3. The race is very aggressively driven and very messy. I couldn't be bothered to set up my steering wheel so it was with the controller.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-F002.zip
    149.7 KB · Views: 86
I got took the lead entering s/f straight at the end of Lap 2 using the Amuse (then lost the lead down the main straight) but went on to win. The Ford GT LM was a great car for S-10. Settings are posted for both cars if that helps. I used AT with the Amuse (by accident - my son was running Arcade TTs with AT before me, but I did so well with my first effort that I just stayed with it..yeah lazy I know) and I used MT with the GT LM.

aha sorry i didn't realize that, guess i really am a Noob

I don't do that; i don't like installing unknown software/files on my ps3 that much. Can you somehow get this on youtube or something else?

I think i may have tried your settings on s-7 but not sure.

are you using a steering wheel; does that even matter? Guys, what are your secrets/tips help me and other newbies out a bit.

How on earth can the difference be so great...i mean i'don't suck that much. 1.43-1.44 was my best lap times on s-7

I got took the lead entering s/f straight at the end of Lap 2 using the Amuse (then lost the lead down the main straight) but went on to win. The Ford GT LM was a great car for S-10. Settings are posted for both cars if that helps. I used AT with the Amuse (by accident - my son was running Arcade TTs with AT before me, but I did so well with my first effort that I just stayed with it..yeah lazy I know) and I used MT with the GT LM.

I used the DS3 for those races, and prior to that the sixaxis. I have used AT and MT and std and prof physics, depending on event and car.

Generally I suck at first, but I keep at it, try different settings until suddenly it all comes together and then I wonder why it took so long :)

Using the BNR34 Skyline gtr 06 I get consistant lap times of 1.39-1.40, I think I can even puss it harder but time will tell low 1.39 was my best lap. I will post my setup if anyone is interested.

S7 is so irritating. I've got golds easy on several other s class races. It seems like they turn the penalty sensitivity up on this race. Penalties = no fun.

Back