Finally picked up a PS4 Pro and GT Sport

• Thread starter ghsnu
  • 6 comments
United States
Tucson, AZ
spedy7
Decided to splurge a bit being that Forza 7 was a bust for me (racing-wise) and dove head first into getting a PS4 and GTS - and my god, it was pretty much worth it.
20171123144214.jpg

While it is a REALLY shallow game content-wise, it shines when it comes to its main focus - racing. I've only done about half a dozen of Sport races (still a newb to the new handling model), but the community is like night and day compared to Forza's online. While I did get one or two races with some bad apples, it was thoroughly clean and well-mannered. Thanks to that, for the first time in awhile, I felt the adrenaline of some close racing! Haven't felt this way for years on any racing game! The AI is also great, more aggressive compared to past GT's, but they won't try to kill you at every corner and definitely put up a good race. The livery editor is...different...not particularly easy to use and quite cumbersome, but I feel like you can make more with less compared to Forza. I even took some time to make my first real attempt at a livery.
20171123144115.jpg

Never thought scapes was ever going to be a good idea until I saw some of the stunning photos people have taken. Captures the beauty and bliss behind cars in the right settings! Also makes for some amazing backgrounds!
20171123144233.jpg

I've only played for a few days now, but I'm looking forward to the following months seeing that we are getting a much welcomed return of old-school GT events and some amazing cars coming. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Decided to splurge a bit being that Forza 7 was a bust for me (racing-wise) and dove head first into getting a PS4 and GTS - and my god, it was pretty much worth it.
View attachment 693822
While it is a REALLY shallow game content-wise, it shines when it comes to its main focus - racing. I've only done about half a dozen of Sport races (still a newb to the new handling model), but the community is like night and day compared to Forza's online. While I did get one or two races with some bad apples, it was thoroughly clean and well-mannered. Thanks to that, for the first time in awhile, I felt the adrenaline of some close racing! Haven't felt this way for years on any racing game! The AI is also great, more aggressive compared to past GT's, but they won't try to kill you at every corner and definitely put up a good race. The livery editor is...different...not particularly easy to use and quite cumbersome, but I feel like you can make more with less compared to Forza. I even took some time to make my first real attempt at a livery.
View attachment 693821
Never thought scapes was ever going to be a good idea until I saw some of the stunning photos people have taken. Captures the beauty and bliss behind cars in the right settings! Also makes for some amazing backgrounds!
View attachment 693824

I've only played for a few days now, but I'm looking forward to the following months seeing that we are getting a much welcomed return of old-school GT events and some amazing cars coming. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Congrats on the purchase mate
View attachment 693822
View attachment 693821
View attachment 693824

Congrats on the purchase.
Cars look spectacular on a 4K TV.

Visually it’s amazing even with the base PS4 on an HDR capable TV.
Do you have any experience with both? I'm playing base ps4 on a 4k HDR projector. I'm interested to know if I'm leaving a lot on the table. It looks amazing as is , but I said the same thing about 1080p.

Do you have any experience with both? I'm playing base ps4 on a 4k HDR projector. I'm interested to know if I'm leaving a lot on the table. It looks amazing as is , but I said the same thing about 1080p.
I can definitely tell the difference playing GT Sport on the pro with a 4K tv compared to the base PS4.
4K games are crisper and clearer without the jaggedness.
I did a comparison with my first 4K game(Horizon: Zero Dawn) with the PRO and the base PS4 and the results were spectacular.
In Horizon: Zero Dawn, I could see things clearer and much further into the distance(in game) and the environmental effects like rain,snow and sun were amazing.
But that's not where the pro shines(IMO) with 4K games.
It's the lighting effects and shadows that truly showcase the pro's capability it has over the base ps4.
I would spend hours just gawking at the lighting effects and scenery in Horizon: Zero Dawn.
In the end,it all comes down to money.
If you can afford to get the pro, by all means do so.

Back