Finding Liscenses difficult

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I find career mode pretty awesome and I am just gonna start National A and got National B with all golds , but with much struggle . The first B-1 liscense in the Mustang took me about 23 times to get the gold time . I just fear for the S Liscenses . Apparently S-5 is very difficult . Is there something I should be doing with the assists and all ?

Turn/keep them off and learn to drive. 👍

I'm using the ds3 controller and tend to play with ASM on most of the time . It's just what I'm used to . International B liscense dosent look too hard after some YouTube research IMO.

I find the mission races look quite easy for some reason yet some Liscenses hard which is a bit strange

Other than the Veyron test, GT6 has the easiest license tests of any GT game. S-5 is not that hard once you figure out the car and what it wants from you. Veyron needs a slow entry to get settled, then you can put all that power down leaving. It grips like mad under power if you get it right. Get it wrong and it won't turn in a 40 acre field. A fast lap in a Veyron doesn't feel very fast because you have to scrub off so much entry speed to get the car to turn in.

EDIT: turn the ASM and TC off. SRF and active steering are hacks, but the lap times can be helped with them on. ASM slows you down, and TC will strangle the Veyron right when you need that power to get you off the corner.

Last edited:
IMO, I'm not a very good driver, but those tests were easy if you just kept plugging away and shaving seconds off every time. Use the RA menu to toggle settings on and off in the middle of the test so that it's easier.

Other than the Veyron test, GT6 has the easiest license tests of any GT game. S-5 is not that hard once you figure out the car and what it wants from you.

TBH I found the IA NSX slalom harder than the Veyron test

Other than the Veyron test, GT6 has the easiest license tests of any GT game. S-5 is not that hard once you figure out the car and what it wants from you. Veyron needs a slow entry to get settled, then you can put all that power down leaving. It grips like mad under power if you get it right. Get it wrong and it won't turn in a 40 acre field. A fast lap in a Veyron doesn't feel very fast because you have to scrub off so much entry speed to get the car to turn in.

EDIT: turn the ASM and TC off. SRF and active steering are hacks, but the lap times can be helped with them on. ASM slows you down, and TC will strangle the Veyron right when you need that power to get you off the corner.

I know this is an old thread, but I recently got back into GT6 after putting it down for awhile and was struggling with this test. This post from LM7325 really helped me out. The key line for me was, "S-5 is not that hard once you figure out the car and what it wants from you." That, and turning off TC and ASM. I did use mild active steering.

After a couple of laps and then using my ghost, I finally started using the Veyron like it was intended. Scrub the speed to enter into the turn, keep it tight and get it pointed straight before you stomp the gas and take advantage of that massive acceleration. I nailed it the other night and remembered that old sense of accomplishment I used to get with this series when I triumphed over a tough test or race through practice and perseverance.

Much thanks for the tips, LM7325. That's why this forum is the pinnacle of Gran Turismo knowledge and help. There's always an answer and if you can't find the answer, there's always someone to help you find it. 👍

Back