Finding more top speed-LMP1

• Thread starter doyley101
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
doyley_007
So I would say that I am able, for the most part, to get an adequate tune from a car, however I am really struggling to find any top speed from the LMP cars. Even with min downforce and playing with ride height/rake angles and tyre pressures I am struggling to top 320km/h at Le Mans or Monza.

(And no, I'm not topping out, I'm simply running out of acceleration)

So I would say that I am able, for the most part, to get an adequate tune from a car, however I am really struggling to find any top speed from the LMP cars. Even with min downforce and playing with ride height/rake angles and tyre pressures I am struggling to top 320km/h at Le Mans or Monza.

(And no, I'm not topping out, I'm simply running out of acceleration)
Close the break ducts completely, 0%.

Won't that fry the brakes though? I want a race-able set up, not just one for 1 lap wonders
At Le Mans you don't have to worry about break cooling. They stay between 900 and 1700 F. If you check your telemetry you'll see they remain green even in these conditions. In fact, I've found out that the cooling rate allows it to the blue/green down the long straights.

I too would love to try a high speed, good cornering set up on the LMP1 cars. If they were hitting around 340 km/h on Le Mans, the top speed of the R18 e-tron is theoretically about 336. If it could reach that and still corner, it might be able to approach a realistic lap time. They qualified this year at just under 3:20 and produced a lap of just under 3:17.5 in the race.

I too would love to try a high speed, good cornering set up on the LMP1 cars. If they were hitting around 340 km/h on Le Mans, the top speed of the R18 e-tron is theoretically about 336. If it could reach that and still corner, it might be able to approach a realistic lap time. They qualified this year at just under 3:20 and produced a lap of just under 3:17.5 in the race.

Well, they are different spec cars. This year's Audi has a max available energy capacity of 4MJ, twice as much as the one in game. This doesn't even take into account any improvements in aerodynamics and mechanical grip. Furthermore, watching the race, you could see that the Porsche and Audi discharge some of the energy at higher gears/speeds to help pad the top speed. On top of this, the cars were often in the draft, which also helps with top speed.

Someone above mentioned that on its fastest qualifying lap the 2014 Toyota TS040 only achieved a top speed of 298 km/h. Believe it or not, this data is correct. If I remember correctly, the 2014 Porsche and Audi were faster in top speed during their fastest laps in qualifying with top speeds above 310 km/h.

Back