- 1
Forgive me if this has been answered already, or if this is the intent of the game designers, but it seems like to me that this game leaves a lot of questions unanswered at the time it was released. The Apex manual, while being a fine reference book, does nothing to really answer a lot of questions that I and others seem to be asking. Now some of these questions are just from posts I have read online from other users and not my actual experience but I am more trying to gauge an overall response from the GT community about the state of information pertaining to the design of the game. How are things suppose to work and why dont we have a firm set of rules or guidelines as to how the game works? Things like;
Where is the damage modeling, and does it change with your experience level? (yes I know this has been finally answered)
How is the stress of driving your garage cars modeled? Do you have to spend money to change oil and repair chassis if you put laps on the cars in practice mode, online mode, or A-spec/B-spec modes?
Why do some tuning adjustments not seem to have to same effect you would expect, ie setting the ride height is not producing any noticeable driving difference in the cars handling? Do you have to reach a certain level to gain tuning ability?
Why are there no brake upgrades released in this version of GT?
As I said it seems like either the game was designed to be a find out as you play style, or perhaps it was released before it was really complete, with the holes being patched as time goes on, most likely to capture the holiday shopping markets. My experience with the Gran Turismo series is somewhat limited so maybe this is business as usual to some of the more seasoned players of the game series, but for me I would like to have some of the major, or common questions answered in print at the time I bought the game. It would certainly allow me to proceed through the game with a bit more clarity rather than feeling around in the dark. I would just rather spend more time playing the game than on various forums reading how things are suppose to work.
Do others feel this way or am I totally off the deep end and dont know what the hell Im talking about? Are there other questions that you feel are not answered?
Where is the damage modeling, and does it change with your experience level? (yes I know this has been finally answered)
How is the stress of driving your garage cars modeled? Do you have to spend money to change oil and repair chassis if you put laps on the cars in practice mode, online mode, or A-spec/B-spec modes?
Why do some tuning adjustments not seem to have to same effect you would expect, ie setting the ride height is not producing any noticeable driving difference in the cars handling? Do you have to reach a certain level to gain tuning ability?
Why are there no brake upgrades released in this version of GT?
As I said it seems like either the game was designed to be a find out as you play style, or perhaps it was released before it was really complete, with the holes being patched as time goes on, most likely to capture the holiday shopping markets. My experience with the Gran Turismo series is somewhat limited so maybe this is business as usual to some of the more seasoned players of the game series, but for me I would like to have some of the major, or common questions answered in print at the time I bought the game. It would certainly allow me to proceed through the game with a bit more clarity rather than feeling around in the dark. I would just rather spend more time playing the game than on various forums reading how things are suppose to work.
Do others feel this way or am I totally off the deep end and dont know what the hell Im talking about? Are there other questions that you feel are not answered?