Finding the right room

• Thread starter polysmut
  • 6 comments

polysmut

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I do well offline but am new to online. I can gold all of career mode & seasonals (haven't yet done everything but it's all within reach). Having seen that online races are normally "clean" I don't want to make mistakes that are seen as messing up other people's races. I don't crash deliberately but am in some ways inexperienced. I suppose this puts me at an intermediate level. I love the idea of forming a league but keep irregular hours through my work so informally dipping in & out of a regular group would be a more realistic option. Is there a place for me in the world of gt6 online racing?

I would have to believe there is. My group (Spinning Arrows Club) is always looking for decent drivers that respect one another. we race on Thursday nights 8pm ESt. Most people show up and race a few then move on so we do not require any commitment of any kind.
see the following link and if you're interested in jumping into some races, send me an FR as our races are mainly friends only.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ust-7th-8pm-est-back-to-casual-format.305749/

Thanks for the reply, I've seen your thread but didn't know whether your group may have become too well established over time to be still looking for new people.
I play in 2 different locations on 2 different machines. St_Bridge44 & M_Mallet_Jr. Mostly on Mallet at the moment but it does depend where I am at the time, they are both me. 2 friend requests coming your way, starting with Mallet.

Thanks for the reply, I've seen your thread but didn't know whether your group may have become too well established over time to be still looking for new people.
I play in 2 different locations on 2 different machines. St_Bridge44 & M_Mallet_Jr. Mostly on Mallet at the moment but it does depend where I am at the time, they are both me. 2 friend requests coming your way, starting with Mallet.
You do have a valid point but just keep in mind, that when we do have a full room, the turnover rate is fairly high. SO basically we start the night with 15, 2 drop out, 3 join, etc. then this repeats throughout the evening. We run the room loosely so nobody feels committed to anything so people are coming and going all the time. We do usually have a core group but the bottom line is we are always open to new decent drivers and if you jumped in this week, you would have just as much right as anyone else in the room.

This thursday we relax.
I should have our agenda posted tonight.

Expect low PPs, at least one Kart race around Autumn Ring. The Kart race around Suzuka East was a favorite amongst the drivers.

Ok, enough of my finger talking.

I do well offline but am new to online. I can gold all of career mode & seasonals (haven't yet done everything but it's all within reach). Having seen that online races are normally "clean" I don't want to make mistakes that are seen as messing up other people's races. I don't crash deliberately but am in some ways inexperienced. I suppose this puts me at an intermediate level. I love the idea of forming a league but keep irregular hours through my work so informally dipping in & out of a regular group would be a more realistic option. Is there a place for me in the world of gt6 online racing?

Hi

I run a race room which features classic and historic racing every Sunday between 17:00 and 19:00 BST - some of the drivers are very fast and some will get lapped, but all abilities are welcome including online novices - there is normally someone of a similar standard so you can get a good race. The only thing we require is that people try to race cleanly. For more info on the Sunday racing click on the link in my signature.

That time and day doesn't suit many people so we are setting up a club which will offer a good quality online experience to clean, mature drivers (no profanity) with experienced hosts from around the world, on a range of days and times - some race meetings will be open to the public and others will be series which require people to sign up, some will be as and when and some will have a regular slot - all will be high quality - hopefully there will be something to suit a wide range of needs.

Here's a teaser:

GTP Classix Club.jpg

Hi

I run a race room which features classic and historic racing every Sunday between 17:00 and 19:00 BST - some of the drivers are very fast and some will get lapped, but all abilities are welcome including online novices - there is normally someone of a similar standard so you can get a good race. The only thing we require is that people try to race cleanly. For more info on the Sunday racing click on the link in my signature.

That time and day doesn't suit many people so we are setting up a club which will offer a good quality online experience to clean, mature drivers (no profanity) with experienced hosts from around the world, on a range of days and times - some race meetings will be open to the public and others will be series which require people to sign up, some will be as and when and some will have a regular slot - all will be high quality - hopefully there will be something to suit a wide range of needs.

Here's a teaser:

View attachment 199192
I'll have to have a look through my classics then & see if I need to shop for more. I'm on UK time too so Sunday afternoons will sometimes be doable.

Back