Finish Line- Chapter 1

• Thread starter deadcell96
  • 3 comments
United States
somewhere in PA
deadcell96
Chapter 1

42f5ce4c.jpg

There I was, on Chillrock Pass, racing to my very limit. The final turns were coming up and my opponent and I were running side by side. The roar of the rotary and the hissing of the turbo sent adrenaline rushing through me.

31335962.jpg

I drifted through the last few turns and sped away on the final straightaway, winning the race. When I pulled up in to the gas station, I was greeted by a cheering crown. I got out and was embraced by what felt like everyone there. After all of that was over, a blonde woman approached me. I was sort of nervous because she was perfect looking. The nervousness increased as she came closer.

Woman: I really liked your performance out there. Why don’t you come back to my place? I have a ‘special’ surprise for you.

I swear I was grinning like an idiot and immediately accepted. We got in my car and I started it up. I noticed that the beeping it usually does sounded different. It was then that I woke up.

Max: Great, right when it was getting good.

I got out of bed, went to the bathroom, and went in to the kitchen like a zombie. I made coffee and eggs, sat down on the couch, and turned on the news. Amidst the traffic and weather reports, there was a headline about an accident on Chillrock. Apparently some guy in a Mustang lost control and hit his opponent. The drivers were fine, but the cars were a different story. I finished my breakfast and headed out.

1bb4c75c.jpg

I stood for a bit to admire my car, a red 1990 Mazda RX-7. I got in and went to work.

The day went buy like all the others. Office jobs aren’t exactly the most fun jobs out there, but being paid to basically screw around on the internet sounds good to me. I was browsing a car auction website when I got a call from my friend Dante.

Max: Hey Dante. How’s it going?

Dante: Great. Are you coming up to Chillrock tonight? I got a new tune for my 350 and I’m dying to test it out.

Max: Sure, right after I give my FC an oil change.

Dante: Alright, see ya there.

Max: See ya.

Now I have something to look forward to today. I went home after work, rested, and changed my oil. I decided to wash my car in the process.

“My car’s officially Touge ready” I thought to myself.

There wasn’t much traffic heading up but the place seemed to be really packed, more so than usual. I asked one of the guys there and he said some team called the Generals were coming in.

Max: The Generals? Who are they?

Racer 1: They’re a team of really fast drivers, possibly the best in the county. They’re really strict about people joining. To even be considered, you have to beat a certain time on their home course Mt. Aso.

Racer 2: I heard they even turned down some ex- professionals. Either way, whenever, these guys show up, it’s serious.

6fa62cae.jpg

At that time, around ten cars pulled in. The two most prominent were a blue Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and a red R34 Skyline GT-R. Around me, I heard people mumbling about different rumors they heard. The Skyline driver approached us and began introducing the team.

Skyline Driver: We’re the Generals from Aso. I’ll get right to the point; we came here to race one of you. Who is your fastest driver?

Everyone looked at each other with confused looks. We only came up here for fun. We never bothered establishing a team or fastest driver. After a minute, the Lancer driver came forward.

Evo Driver: Since it’s apparent you clowns never organized anything, I’ll pick one of you to race me. Let’s see, I pick… you.

Suddenly, all eyes were facing me. I was caught by surprise. I don’t want to race him, but I couldn’t say no either. I accepted his challenge, got in my car, and we lined up at the start. I was nervous as hell and a little scared. The only thing I could do now is to just hope for the best.

6c2d0a7a.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmmm....

Adding images would really help. And also, in conversations, you have to put the name of the character saying the quotes to avoid confusion.

Nonetheless, I see a great story here. :)

Latest Posts

Back