Finished in second but gt 7 keep bumping me up until I end up in 10th? WTF??

• Thread starter Nakean
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Hey everyone this is the second time I've noticed after a race I finish in a higher place than the leaderboard shows after the race. What gives. ths last race I was I finished in 2nd place. I had no penalties but it showed me with a 1 second penalty at the end and it bumped me to 10th place after everyone else finished. What am I doing wrong? Where is this phantom penalty coming from and why does it push me so much further down on the leader board after the race?

Attachments

• IMG_1987.JPG
    IMG_1987.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 21
Hey everyone this is the second time I've noticed after a race I finish in a higher place than the leaderboard shows after the race. What gives. ths last race I was I finished in 2nd place. I had no penalties but it showed me with a 1 second penalty at the end and it bumped me to 10th place after everyone else finished. What am I doing wrong? Where is this phantom penalty coming from and why does it push me so much further down on the leader board after the race?
That's the penalty for not using the mandatory tyre.

Doesn't it just start you off with racing hards? I didn't change the tires. Am I required to pit and change tires?
No, and also no.

Some Sport Mode races have mandatory tyres; it's displayed in both the race details before the race and in the lobby overview. You need to use those tyres for at least one pass of the start/finish line on the circuit. It's up to you when you use them, whether that's at the start or the finish (or the middle for a long race), but you must use them.

Back