Firefox Skins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 16 comments
  • 842 views
Messages
1,478
I'm having trouble getting skins to work for firefox. Everytime I click on one to download it gives me some error message. Any ideas?
 
What does the error message say? Are you sure the skin you're downloading is compatible with your version of FF?
 
it says "invalid or corrupt jar file" Whatever that means
 
The only thing I can think of right now is compatibility with your version of FF. Does this happen with every theme you try to d/l or just certain ones?
 
get the latest updates so your on Rev. 1.7.12 then try the skin download again that should do it.
 
sprite
get the latest updates so your on Rev. 1.7.12 then try the skin download again that should do it.

where exactly do I get these updates? I clicked help>check for updates and nothing was found. I dont see anything at the mozilla homepage either :dunce:
 
make sure the themes you are trying to download are compatible with your version, it should say on the theme description

and I'll ask again... does this happen with every theme you try to d/l, or just certain ones?
 
just certian ones that I try and download dont work
 
Boz Mon click this little icon

untitled6vd.jpg


this is found under Tools > Options

click the check now and that should automaticly update FF for you.
 
sprite
Boz Mon click this little icon

untitled6vd.jpg


this is found under Tools > Options

click the check now and that should automaticly update FF for you.

mine doesnt look like that

 
Lol yeh mine has kept the old layout sorry, strange how it says you cant update your firefox, I would sugest un-installing the version you have got, and then download the newer version and install it. Something is going on tho.
 
Yeah sprite's right, looks like uninstalling might solve it. I still think its version compatibility with the skins, since Boz Mon says it only happens to certain ones. Just save your bookmarks and what not and uninstall/download.
 
sprite
Lol yeh mine has kept the old layout sorry, strange how it says you cant update your firefox, I would sugest un-installing the version you have got, and then download the newer version and install it. Something is going on tho.


That worked. Thanks guys:tup:
 
Back