Firm Favorite Trophy

United States
Las Vegas
OneDJYouLike
I'm sure the popular opinion is this trophy is dumb having to buy 10 of the same vehicle to have in your garage. But if you are like me and thought it would be fun to acquire this trophy with one of your favorite vehicles in the game, which vehicle and why?

I just completed it with the Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
It is one of the only vehicles in the game I regularly drove IRL. If I had to guess I drove it 30+ times. Technically it was the American 3000GT version. I dated a woman about 14 years ago that I'm still friends with today who owned the vehicle. Sadly I was not nearly as into cars as she was back then. Her and a friend started a 3000GT car club that she was more active in before we were dating.

I wish I had given the car the respect it deserved back then. I probably would have convinced her to take it to the track so I could see its real power. She misses the car and agrees that she wishes I would have cared as much as I do now. Lol. VR is the reason I got so into this game and now really care about cars. I was happy to learn that not only was this car in the game, but it happens to be a great all-around car that I could use for 2 of the top credit grinds in the game. It also helps that you can swap the engine.

PhotoGrid_Site_1707211918193.png

* I have 11 of them because you earn one for free by completing the First License Test with getting all golds. I had to purchase the other 10 from the Auto + Used Car Dealership.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I might have done exactly the same. My reason is simple; they look dope.

I have a few variants. One is mostly stock, with stats to reflect the USA market power output (or probably just the true output) of 324bhp, with the MR weight reduction down to 1650kg with some BBS RS wheels to complete the look.

One is based on the Super Taikyu car.

20830179390434680.jpg

One has the same livery, but is fully upgraded with full aero...

20829764960271018.jpg

Naturally, I had to recreate the LM Edition...

20829423679234910.jpg

Other than that, I haven't done nearly enough with the other dozen-or-so copies.

Funnily enough, I might have done exactly the same. My reason is simple; they look dope.

I have a few variants. One is mostly stock, with stats to reflect the USA market power output (or probably just the true output) of 324bhp, with the MR weight reduction down to 1650kg with some BBS RS wheels to complete the look.

One is based on the Super Taikyu car.

View attachment 1325803

One has the same livery, but is fully upgraded with full aero...

View attachment 1325802

Naturally, I had to recreate the LM Edition...

View attachment 1325801

Other than that, I haven't done nearly enough with the other dozen-or-so copies.
Hell yeah. Another thing I love is the active aero. Sure many cars feature functional active aero spoilers in the game, but this car was ahead of its time and the only one I know of that has a functional front spoiler with active aero. I had to check the replays to verify it was there. The 1st green Puma car you have there you can see it.

Having to buy 10 of any car for the trophy is one of many ways PD (or Sony, or Lucifer, or whatever) making its users spend credits to encourage MTXs. Yea, that's right, I said it. Fight me.

That being said, nicely done making lemonade out of lemons, OP. 80s-90s JDM cars will always hold a special place in my heart. Especially the Chrysler/Mitsu collab cars (see username hint hint)! :cheers:

making its users spend credits to encourage MTXs. Yea, that's right, I said it. Fight me.
With car prices as low as 20k credits, this can hardly be a thing, can it?

I dont feel any motivation towards this trophy, but I guess at some point because of the limited options at tuning cars I will have it anyway.
I just dont know which car will hit the 10 first, there are a few - though I dont feel any kind of emotional or otherwise connection to them.
My favourite brands are not present in the game, or cars of existing brands.

Hell yeah. Another thing I love is the active aero. Sure many cars feature functional active aero spoilers in the game, but this car was ahead of its time and the only one I know of that has a functional front spoiler with active aero. I had to check the replays to verify it was there. The 1st green Puma car you have there you can see it.
Over here in South Africa it was also called a 3000GT. That car was technologically far superior in it's class.
I Don't know if the specs was the same across the board but the model we had also featured ''four wheel steering" !

Over here in South Africa it was also called a 3000GT. That car was technologically far superior in it's class.
I Don't know if the specs was the same across the board but the model we had also featured ''four wheel steering" !
Yea, the VR4 edition had four wheel steering.

Mine is the Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R.
Very few units was imported to South Africa. I Never had the privilege to own one although a good friend of mine owns one and I do occasionally get to take it for a drive. I Own a motor engineering shop and have worked on and repaired a couple of RB26's. I Absolutely love this car in real life and in GT. I've got all sorts of flavors in my garage. Standard, wide body, tuned, engine swapped............ And of course, it was Brian's car !

Attachments

• Pflanzgarten_R34.jpeg
    Pflanzgarten_R34.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Nebuta Museum WA RASSE__3.jpeg
    Nebuta Museum WA RASSE__3.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 001.jpeg
    001.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 3
  • GTR1.jpg
    GTR1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3
Having to buy 10 of any car for the trophy is one of many ways PD (or Sony, or Lucifer, or whatever) making its users spend credits to encourage MTXs. Yea, that's right, I said it. Fight me.
People on this very forum competing to get better times in the Online TTs has cost me more than buying ten of my Firm Favourite has (so far). If the top players just half arsed the TT's many more users would have much more money, seriously, I reckon the alien players are on PD's payroll to drive people towards MTX's. For real. Totally.

I'm thinking of just buying ten of the Toyota Aqua S - with each one being a different factory color. Plus, I think I already had to buy one at the very beginning. For the amount of credits I'd be spending on all of them, I could make back (and then some) by doing a round of the Super Formula races or something.

Last edited:
People on this very forum competing to get better times in the Online TTs has cost me more than buying ten of my Firm Favourite has (so far). If the top players just half arsed the TT's many more users would have much more money, seriously, I reckon the alien players are on PD's payroll to drive people towards MTX's. For real. Totally.
How would fast times on TTs make one want to spend real life money??

Latest Posts

Back