First Gear Auto Transmission

• Thread starter Animal827
  • 2 comments
United States
New York
Animal827
I know I should be driving manual, but I no longer have the patience to get the feeling right with the controller.

That said, I sometimes come across issues with first gear "skipping" or "bouncing" before switching to second gear. For the most part decreasing or increasing the first gear ratio may solve this - although aometimes leaving you with less than ideal RPM at the start of second gear. Other cases, it just seems first gear (grid starts) is a lost cause.

Does anyone have any advice?

I know EXACTLY what youre talking about, I’d love to PADDLE SHIFT my AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION into 2nd to get my traction back. Sometimes playing with the Torque value in the LSD can help here, but my success has been hit or miss in that regard.

I know EXACTLY what youre talking about, I’d love to PADDLE SHIFT my AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION into 2nd to get my traction back. Sometimes playing with the Torque value in the LSD can help here, but my success has been hit or miss in that regard.
My friend was just mentioning how with automatic you should have the option of early up shifting or down shifting.

I messed with LSD and it didnt help much, plus I dont want to mess with LSD just for a grid start whilte it works for the rest of the track.

Hopefully, there is solution...otherwise, Ill just have to play catch up on all grid starts lol 😆

Back