First Impressions of GT4

• Thread starter Biggles
  • 0 comments
Simcoeace
Noobie to GT4. Having played Forza for a couple of years, decided to pick up a PS2 & a DFP. I know it's been discussed to death, but my 2 cents:

Very impressed with the wheel (& thinking up upgrading to the G25) - it really adds a whole depth of realism to the game. Graphics are a fascinating contrast to Forza - completely different, so it's hard to say if they're better or worse. However, what I have noticed already, is that some tracks in GT4 look really great (Nurburgring, Capitan for eg.) & others are very unconvincing (Paris for eg.).

For me the biggest difference in the physics is in the braking response: I find it much easier to brake smoothly & predictably in GT4 (the excellent wheel helps), I also feel the steering is very predictable: perhaps too easy to control oversteer to be realistic.

I know damage is the big issue, but I don't miss it so much. More important would have been for the collisions to result in a more realistic interaction between the colliding cars. This would really diminish the "bumper cars" effect & make the racing much more challenging...

Back