First impressions

• Thread starter torque99
  • 5 comments
England
England
Ok most of you have had the full game a few days now (well some are still waiting for the postman I know!). I was just curious to hear honest thoughts and impressions on what playground games have achieved in this 3rd instalment on a separate thread so it doesn't distract from the main thread.

Me personally I love this game, the skies and graphics ! Right through to the auction house, tuning, community car wraps, audio and of course the excellent photo mode (best of all forzas imo with the texture and lighting detail). This is one of my favourite games and so glad I invested in xbox for this forza franchise again.

Anyway post your thoughts? Did you buy the xbox one just for forza horizon 3 like a few on here? What do you think of the map this time? The off road circuit racing? Blueprints? Graphics?

First impressions... Impressed or not? It would be interesting to hear as well from those that never have played a horizon game to what you think of the gameplay and car lists.

Look forward to your honest comments.

P.s just add a little note if on PC or xbone.

Last edited:
I'm on PC and this is my first Forza game.

I'm really impressed with the game!
It has great graphics, lots of cars and fun racing. A lot of guys in my PCARS league on PC have bought the game and we have so much fun cruising around and racing.

The wheelspin game is so addictive! I can't wait to see what I get next.

Xbox One

Graphics and gameplay are pleasant.

Plenty of content, though I prefer the point to point type races over laps in this game. With the exception of the airport and rally cars. Finding signs and barns are always fun.

I get annoyed by the drift zones or speed trap zones get "populated" when near, but I could also be paranoid due to all my 2 stars.

Not a fan of the body kit scene in real life but don't mind them in this game, mostly for photos.

Photo mode is where my time is spent, that's for all Forza games but Horizon always pushes me to find those perfect shots.

Overall it is what I expected. An entertaining, not to serious driving game that still feels good to drive, even with a controller.

Haven't tried the co op portion but I assume it will add to the fun!

PC Here.

My first Forza, had to pre order it and I was amazed and super impressed. Haven't been so addicted to one game and played it so much in ages, alwaays gives me the sense of wanting to play it again and again. Althought the release on PC wasn't ideal with stuttering and DLC's not working I didn't mind too much.

To be honest I pretty much got Windows 10 for Forza haha

Graphics and sounds are fantastic! Physics feel odd coming from GT, Assetto, Project Cars but I'm used to it now.
Car list is awesome, I feel like most cars are fun and with the tuning possibilities some have once you start to get bored go wild with your car.

Being Australian, I love the map although I do wish it was where I'm from which has more city areas but I do like the diversity the chosen area has.

Blueprints are a good idea, avoids using vehicles you might not like. For example I don't like the offroad buggies so I didnmt use them at all.

I can't think of every singly feature now but theres absolutely nothing bad that I can think of (besides ultimate edition not including expansion pass). Gives my T300 a lot of use 👍

If I had to rate it probably 9 or 10 out of 10

Edit: One more thing... Skies, beautiful skies.

I'm on XB1.

Pros:
- Graphics are great.
- The map is amazing even though it's not that big (not really their fault).
- Car selection is nice.
- Auction house has returned
- Physics are a pretty good balance of sim and arcade.
- Blueprint is a much needed change of pace over the traditional career mode in racing games. Hopefully this feature makes it into FM7 in some way.

Cons:
- A.I. is rather poor and seems to focus more on taking you out rather than racing. Oddly it seems like they race cleaner on easier difficulties.
- Driver lineups have very little impact. It seems like they add a few hundred fans at most after a race which isn't much when I get 40,000+ in some cases, I was hoping there would actually be some incentive to building a great lineup.
- The pacing is off. This can really only be experienced with Barn Finds, but it's pretty disappointing that I only have 2 left to find yet haven't reached 25% completion yet. Maybe some more will be added with time.
- As great as Blueprint is it would be nice to create our own routes.
- Servers are crap!

I would probably rate it a 8/10, if they get the servers sorted I would easily bump it up to 9.

Back